Phuket Taxi and Transfers

View Poll Results: Favorite Beer in Thailand

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Singha

    20 32.79%
  • Chang

    14 22.95%
  • Leo

    9 14.75%
  • Cheers Beer

    0 0%
  • San Miguel

    9 14.75%
  • Tiger

    6 9.84%
  • Heineken

    3 4.92%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 249
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Favorite Beer in Thailand?

  1. #1
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010

    Question Favorite Beer in Thailand?

    A lot of people come to Thailand for many reasons, but when you arrive what beer do you like to drink?
    Do you drink the local Thai beers or still to something you know? I fell in love with Thai beer to the point that I don't enjoy drinking beer at home as much as I used to. I have brought Chang beer in Australia but it is just not the same.
    Last edited by G4orce; 1st March 2011 at 18:19.

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    I like a Leo (on ice) over there, if you can find genuine Chang here instead of the weak imported stuff, it's a good drop and same with the singha... It's bottled here at a lower alcohol content to avoid tax

  3. #3
    Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth - Australia
    Posts
    1,484
    Don't mind all of them.
    San Mig, Heineken, Singha and Chang in preference.

  4. #4
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    A lot of people come to Thailand for many reasons, but when you do come what beer to do before to drink?
    You sure you are not drinking at the moment G4orce ? Your sentence above has me wishing I was drinking beer


    Heineken gets my vote when in LOS

  5. #5
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    You sure you are not drinking at the moment G4orce ? Your sentence above has me wishing I was drinking beer


    Heineken gets my vote when in LOS
    I never said I was not drinking, just not drinking beer ATM 5555

  6. #6
    Rock & Roll
    Guest
    My 50 satang for what it's worth:

    Chang - My first choice, only cuz I've gotten used to it and it's got more bang for the baht (6.4% bang!).
    Singha - Best tasting of the Thai beers IMO, and my 2nd choice especially with spicy food.
    Leo - Made by Singha, not bad, but I'd rather just drink Singha.
    Tiger - I find it rather bland tasting, but tolerable.
    San Mig Lt - Real beer does not need lime! Horrible, light taste, won't drink it.
    Heineken - Thai Heineys have a horrible taste, not worth the premium price you pay for them!

    And in general - Thai beers suck! Come for the beaches, weather, culture, women, or food. But if you want good beer, go to Germany or something! 555

  7. #7
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    A lot of people come to Thailand for many reasons, but when you do come what beer to do before to drink?
    Do you drink the local Thai beers or still to something you know? I ell in love with Thai beer to the point that I don't enjoy drinking beer at home as much as I used to. I have brought Chang beer in Australia but it is just not the same.
    must be pretty strong! 555

  8. #8
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    hahahaha, Duty-free Vodka. I see it now

  9. #9
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Roll View Post
    My 50 satang for what it's worth:

    Chang - My first choice, only cuz I've gotten used to it and it's got more bang for the baht (6.4% bang!).
    Singha - Best tasting of the Thai beers IMO, and my 2nd choice especially with spicy food.
    Leo - Made by Singha, not bad, but I'd rather just drink Singha.
    Tiger - I find it rather bland tasting, but tolerable.
    San Mig Lt - Real beer does not need lime! Horrible, light taste, won't drink it.
    Heineken - Thai Heineys have a horrible taste, not worth the premium price you pay for them!

    And in general - Thai beers suck! Come for the beaches, weather, culture, women, or food. But if you want good beer, go to Germany or something! 555
    I honestly hate European Beers, but thats my opinion, Including Heineken..
    I agree with you for your top 2 beers. Chang is my regular drink as for the higher percentage of alcohol in it 555 but Singha is more like a premium beer so it does taste better and will drink that when I want to enjoy the beer a little more. I have not tried Cheers Beer (apparently a new beer in Town) but I will be sure to once I am back in June. The GF likes San Miguel Light and Leo, I can't see the point in buying a half strength beer when on holiday lol

  10. #10
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Singha draught kicks ass

  11. #11
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,283
    San Miguel lite number 1
    But hey i like Corona...
    Can get Beer Lao, Chang, Singha, Heineken at our local in deepest darkest QLD 555
    .

  12. #12
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Can get Beer Lao, Chang, Singha, Heineken at our local in deepest darkest QLD 555
    Is it the stuff bottled here in Oz? or is it fully imported?

  13. #13
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,283
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Is it the stuff bottled here in Oz? or is it fully imported?
    Beer Lao is full import dont know about the others ...good question..
    .

  14. #14
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Roll View Post
    My 50 satang for what it's worth:

    And in genera[/U]l - Thai beers suck! Come for the beaches, weather, culture, women, or food. But if you want good beer, go to Germany or something! 555
    Tend to agree, Beer is a quencher, like my Tiger straight out of the ice bucket, but like the sexy BG mopping my brow with an ice towel and paying me attention more.

    As Dave Warner said in his song Convict Streak - "The Germans are ******s but they make good beer"

    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 1st March 2011 at 21:32.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  15. #15
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52,014
    Never drunk beer in Thailand. Very rarely drink beer anywhere any more. Vodka & Coke or Long Island Iced tea for me...

  16. #16
    Rock & Roll
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Tend to agree, Beer is a quencher, like my Tiger straight out of the ice bucket, but like the sexy BG mopping my brow with an ice towel and paying me attention more.

    As Dave Warner said in his song Convict Streak - "The Germans are ******s but they make good beer"
    There are actually some really great beers available in the US these days. Lots of small boutique micro-breweries making some really tasty varieties.

    Used to be that it was either Budwieser (yuck!) or some other mass produced swill, or you drank an import to get a better quality beer. Now there's a choice of some good quality domestic beers around, although you pay a premium for them.

    I love a nice summer ale or an IPA in the hot weather, and a darker porter, Octoberfest-like seasonal, or a rich stout for the colder weather. Now they are being made by these micro-breweries, some only regionally available, and some of them are really outstanding.

    I'd love to be able to get a nice hoppy, thirst quenching IPA here in Thailand!

  17. #17
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,283
    Mostly lager style in LOS if i am not mistaken. Due to the large number of Germanic peoples in LOS here must be a few of the heavier varieties kicking around....no help in Phuket. BKK, German beer hall i likey a lot.
    .

  18. #18
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I never said I was not drinking, just not drinking beer ATM 5555
    No problem having a drink when on the computer, I do it a bit myself


    Sometomes you get a laugh the next day when you see what you have posted

  19. #19
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,312
    Poor old Singha has no votes, do the locals choose this beer ?

    My TG likes Singha when she drinks beer, Tiger is her second choice.

  20. #20
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    No problem having a drink when on the computer, I do it a bit myself


    Sometomes you get a laugh the next day when you see what you have posted
    I know what you mean about the good laugh, thankfully nothing too bad this morning when reading 555

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •