6 9.84%
  • Heineken

3 4.92%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Favorite Beer in Thailand?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Question Favorite Beer in Thailand?

A lot of people come to Thailand for many reasons, but when you arrive what beer do you like to drink?
    Do you drink the local Thai beers or still to something you know? I fell in love with Thai beer to the point that I don't enjoy drinking beer at home as much as I used to. I have brought Chang beer in Australia but it is just not the same.
    Last edited by G4orce; 1st March 2011 at 18:19.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I like a Leo (on ice) over there, if you can find genuine Chang here instead of the weak imported stuff, it's a good drop and same with the singha... It's bottled here at a lower alcohol content to avoid tax

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Don't mind all of them.
    San Mig, Heineken, Singha and Chang in preference.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    A lot of people come to Thailand for many reasons, but when you do come what beer to do before to drink?
    You sure you are not drinking at the moment G4orce ? Your sentence above has me wishing I was drinking beer

Heineken gets my vote when in LOS

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    You sure you are not drinking at the moment G4orce ? Your sentence above has me wishing I was drinking beer

Heineken gets my vote when in LOS
    I never said I was not drinking, just not drinking beer ATM 5555

Rock & Roll
    My 50 satang for what it's worth:

Chang - My first choice, only cuz I've gotten used to it and it's got more bang for the baht (6.4% bang!).
    Singha - Best tasting of the Thai beers IMO, and my 2nd choice especially with spicy food.
    Leo - Made by Singha, not bad, but I'd rather just drink Singha.
    Tiger - I find it rather bland tasting, but tolerable.
    San Mig Lt - Real beer does not need lime! Horrible, light taste, won't drink it.
    Heineken - Thai Heineys have a horrible taste, not worth the premium price you pay for them!

And in general - Thai beers suck! Come for the beaches, weather, culture, women, or food. But if you want good beer, go to Germany or something! 555

A lot of people come to Thailand for many reasons, but when you do come what beer to do before to drink?
    Do you drink the local Thai beers or still to something you know? I ell in love with Thai beer to the point that I don't enjoy drinking beer at home as much as I used to. I have brought Chang beer in Australia but it is just not the same.
    must be pretty strong! 555

hahahaha, Duty-free Vodka. I see it now

Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Roll View Post

Chang - My first choice, only cuz I've gotten used to it and it's got more bang for the baht (6.4% bang!).
    Singha - Best tasting of the Thai beers IMO, and my 2nd choice especially with spicy food.
    Leo - Made by Singha, not bad, but I'd rather just drink Singha.
    Tiger - I find it rather bland tasting, but tolerable.
    San Mig Lt - Real beer does not need lime! Horrible, light taste, won't drink it.
    Heineken - Thai Heineys have a horrible taste, not worth the premium price you pay for them!

And in general - Thai beers suck! Come for the beaches, weather, culture, women, or food. But if you want good beer, go to Germany or something! 555
    I honestly hate European Beers, but thats my opinion, Including Heineken..
    I agree with you for your top 2 beers. Chang is my regular drink as for the higher percentage of alcohol in it 555 but Singha is more like a premium beer so it does taste better and will drink that when I want to enjoy the beer a little more. I have not tried Cheers Beer (apparently a new beer in Town) but I will be sure to once I am back in June. The GF likes San Miguel Light and Leo, I can't see the point in buying a half strength beer when on holiday lol

Singha draught kicks ass

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    San Miguel lite number 1
    But hey i like Corona...
    Can get Beer Lao, Chang, Singha, Heineken at our local in deepest darkest QLD 555

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Can get Beer Lao, Chang, Singha, Heineken at our local in deepest darkest QLD 555
    Is it the stuff bottled here in Oz? or is it fully imported?

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Is it the stuff bottled here in Oz? or is it fully imported?
    Beer Lao is full import dont know about the others ...good question..

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Roll View Post

And in genera[/U]l - Thai beers suck! Come for the beaches, weather, culture, women, or food. But if you want good beer, go to Germany or something! 555
    Tend to agree, Beer is a quencher, like my Tiger straight out of the ice bucket, but like the sexy BG mopping my brow with an ice towel and paying me attention more.

As Dave Warner said in his song Convict Streak - "The Germans are ******s but they make good beer"

Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 1st March 2011 at 21:32.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Never drunk beer in Thailand. Very rarely drink beer anywhere any more. Vodka & Coke or Long Island Iced tea for me...

Rock & Roll
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Tend to agree, Beer is a quencher, like my Tiger straight out of the ice bucket, but like the sexy BG mopping my brow with an ice towel and paying me attention more.

As Dave Warner said in his song Convict Streak - "The Germans are ******s but they make good beer"
    There are actually some really great beers available in the US these days. Lots of small boutique micro-breweries making some really tasty varieties.

Used to be that it was either Budwieser (yuck!) or some other mass produced swill, or you drank an import to get a better quality beer. Now there's a choice of some good quality domestic beers around, although you pay a premium for them.

I love a nice summer ale or an IPA in the hot weather, and a darker porter, Octoberfest-like seasonal, or a rich stout for the colder weather. Now they are being made by these micro-breweries, some only regionally available, and some of them are really outstanding.

I'd love to be able to get a nice hoppy, thirst quenching IPA here in Thailand!

Mostly lager style in LOS if i am not mistaken. Due to the large number of Germanic peoples in LOS here must be a few of the heavier varieties kicking around....no help in Phuket. BKK, German beer hall i likey a lot.

I never said I was not drinking, just not drinking beer ATM 5555
    No problem having a drink when on the computer, I do it a bit myself

Sometomes you get a laugh the next day when you see what you have posted

Poor old Singha has no votes, do the locals choose this beer ?

My TG likes Singha when she drinks beer, Tiger is her second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    No problem having a drink when on the computer, I do it a bit myself

Sometomes you get a laugh the next day when you see what you have posted
    I know what you mean about the good laugh, thankfully nothing too bad this morning when reading 555

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast