Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Booze Free Holiday, May 24th

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    The 2 booze free days in July, ARE............. U guessed it... my arrival day and the day after in Bangkok... *sigh*

But there are advantages to having a long term GF waiting for you.... She said to me "Don't worry Darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlling, I go Tesco and buy you many beers, before you come". U gotta love em 555
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    The 2 booze free days in July, ARE............. U guessed it... my arrival day and the day after in Bangkok... *sigh*

But there are advantages to having a long term GF waiting for you.... She said to me "Don't worry Darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlling, I go Tesco and buy you many beers, before you come". U gotta love em 555
    Nothing like a two day lock-in on arrival 555!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    For anyone currently in Patong, bars will be open at midnight or sneaking in drinks around 11 pm. 555
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeMock View Post
    Oh no.....one entire day without Grog - will we survive? I know this makes me sound like a right royal ****** but seriously does this not sound rather bizarre to anyone else?
    It sure does SOUND bizarre. But quite horrible when it happens to you.

In Oz the only day this happens is Easter(At least in WA when all bottle shops close). Last April I was up north on a fishing trip in a small town. Forgot to stock up. Fucking sh*te Easter I tell ya.
    discopolis likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The title of this thread startled me somewhat. Thought it was suggesting a holiday without booze! A day without booze seems like a non event, so long as you're stock up that is.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Plenty of booze in Samui. Seems that it is just the girlie bars that are closed. All the pubs serving food are open and serving beer and some bars in discrete locations are open e.g. Beach bars
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    bit sad when you cant go one day with out booze 55555

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Plenty of booze in Samui. Seems that it is just the girlie bars that are closed. All the pubs serving food are open and serving beer and some bars in discrete locations are open e.g. Beach bars
    Hotels have an exemption from the ban.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    yep....always the way here on Samui....its just the girlie bars that have to close up...In lamai many of the BGs head down to the beach bars late afternoon/early evening, Chillin Bar, Bikini, Coconuts etc...so its still out there for the desperate ones

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    yep....always the way here on Samui....its just the girlie bars that have to close up...In lamai many of the BGs head down to the beach bars late afternoon/early evening, Chillin Bar, Bikini, Coconuts etc...so its still out there for the desperate ones
    Where is Coconuts Bar Nels?

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Its the Thai owned restaurant/bar one down (north) to Bikini Barry..bamboo is next door
    Last edited by bacwaan; 24th July 2013 at 19:03.

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    bit sad when you cant go one day with out booze 55555
    It's not so much that you can't....I do it all the time in the UK...It's that somebody else tells you that you can't, especially when your a visitor to their Country on holiday. Not the same drinking out of a teapot.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    posted on my Facebook news thread last night by a mate !

Talk about Fcukinf bad luck..I'm here for 5 nights and guess what...for 2 days its some fu$%&ing...special BUDDA Holliday....NO FCUKING DRINKING..All Drinking Venues are Closed....no strip bars..no girley bars cant buy a frigginfg beer and no body told me.....NEED MEDICAL EVACUATION.....

That was ontop of 4 days of Cambodian Belly where he lost 5 kgs in weight ! He's not having a good trip lol
    !qq!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Wandering around Bangers on Monday /Tuesday night..... wasn't too difficult to find a beer... Even in a beer bar.... No go go's of course, but wasn't too bad at all.

I think i might partake in the all ya can drink for 699 this arvo in Nana.... sounds like a decent plan, while the girl is at work... she will know where to find me 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    It's not so much that you can't....I do it all the time in the UK...It's that somebody else tells you that you can't, especially when your a visitor to their Country on holiday. Not the same drinking out of a teapot.
    i don't get super drunk most nights when on holiday anymore
    but i still like to have 5-6 beers a night, with maybe 2-3 big nights

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Also a prior word of warning I am pretty sure there is one at the end of August for either 2 or 3 nights. I was there last year when they had it. had no problem at my hotel, just no bars serving

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I haven't commented on this topic because I never get drunk. I brought a bottle of rum back from Thailand last March and it still hasn't been opened. I've only had one beer in 4 months and that was to be polite. But, to each his own. What other people choose to do is entirely up to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Also a prior word of warning I am pretty sure there is one at the end of August for either 2 or 3 nights. I was there last year when they had it. had no problem at my hotel, just no bars serving
    Monday August 12th is Qu**n Sirikit's birthday and also Mothers Day and is a bar closure day.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    If you just want to get drunk it's easy enough to stock up on booze the day before the holidays. It's cheaper that way and much safer to stay home and get drunk. Years ago when I was a logger I baby sat a guy who had left camp with $15,000 on his usual Christmas break. Normally he would have blown the whole $15,000 in a two week period, but this time I convinced him to let me be in charge of his money. I got him a room in a cheap Vancouver hotel and bought cases of booze and cartons of cigarettes for him to share with his friends and hookers. I just hung around to make sure nobody stole anything off him. The leeches didn't appreciate me being a sober watchdog, but I didn't give a **** what they thought. Hans went back to camp with $10,000 he didn't spend (give away) and we also had time to hunt ducks and geese as well as go steelhead fishing. He also had Christmas dinner with my family.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Monday August 12th is Qu**n Sirikit's birthday and also Mothers Day and is a bar closure day.
    I remember now that it was the end of August, but think it was for the election (not public holiday), so ignore what I said

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast