The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Booze Free Holiday, May 24th

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน slampay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I haven't commented on this topic because I never get drunk. I brought a bottle of rum back from Thailand last March and it still hasn't been opened. I've only had one beer in 4 months and that was to be polite. But, to each his own. What other people choose to do is entirely up to themselves.
    Same same reason I don't comment on the lady boy threads!! I've only had one in 4 months.....just to be polite.

Brought one back in March.....never even opened it.....
    Quarky, meese and Stillearly like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Open it, you know that you want to 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I haven't commented on this topic because I never get drunk. I brought a bottle of rum back from Thailand last March and it still hasn't been opened. I've only had one beer in 4 months and that was to be polite. But, to each his own. What other people choose to do is entirely up to themselves.
    sorry but you just have Ian 5555...i like a few beers a night when in Los(well maybe more555)...more a wine man....but agree with your sentiments..to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    Its the Thai owned restaurant/bar one down (north) to Bikini Barry..bamboo is next door
    ok so nect to Bamboo...any good??...have not even tried Bamboo...to scared...would get some bad looks from bikini staff 5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    ok so nect to Bamboo...any good??...have not even tried Bamboo...to scared...would get some bad looks from bikini staff 5555
    Bamboo was Ok, I went a few weeks ago and had dinner. Food was excellent. Was speaking to an English couple that live on Samui (down past Lamai) and they regularly ate there and said it was always pretty good standard

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Bamboo was Ok, I went a few weeks ago and had dinner. Food was excellent. Was speaking to an English couple that live on Samui (down past Lamai) and they regularly ate there and said it was always pretty good standard
    thanks it always looks good...but have been hanging out at bikini these last few years...think i might get the odd stare 55555...will give it a try in oct

thanks it always looks good...but have been hanging out at bikini these last few years...think i might get the odd stare 55555...will give it a try in oct
    Went to the Bikini Bar a few times, but was just that Bamboo looked a nicer place for an evening meal than the other place. There is a smart looking place now that looks like it is just opening next door to the Swing Bar. Think it is called Trash & Glam, looks a bit more upmarket than the others along there.

How is Mr Smiley coping? No alcohol for months... and I bet it's during these two days he wants a drink the most... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Went to the Bikini Bar a few times, but was just that Bamboo looked a nicer place for an evening meal than the other place. There is a smart looking place now that looks like it is just opening next door to the Swing Bar. Think it is called Trash & Glam, looks a bit more upmarket than the others along there.
    Now that i think about it you might be right...Bikini good in the day and Bamboo for an evening meal..never liked the Swing bar for ssome reason..will check out Trash and Glam in October

what does our resident tour guide khun Bacwaan think 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Same same reason I don't comment on the lady boy threads!! I've only had one in 4 months.....just to be polite.

Great come back. Where's the laughter ikon when you need it.

Now that i think about it you might be right...Bikini good in the day and Bamboo for an evening meal..never liked the Swing bar for ssome reason..will check out Trash and Glam in October

I did not ask, as I had not been to Lamai when we caught up in Maenam Beach for the rugby.

My favorite place down that way is a place called Surf and ?????, cannot think of the 2nd part of the name.

If you walk down to the beach by the side of the Lamai Wanta and turn left on the sand. It is the 2nd place along.

It has sunbeds, tables on the sand, and also inside. Also has a nice bar area with a good size pool table.

I like it as it is a bit quieter than the other place and there are nice friendly people that run it. Plus all the food that I have eaten there is spot on. Do a really good breakfast to start the day with.

I found it last year when I was over and used it every day, and went back again a couple of times this year as well and still as good

Must admit the bar closure days don't bother me that much, being there so often, but I can see it might be a downer for those travelling a long distance, especially if in LOS for only a few days or a week.

That said, being a firm believer in the 6Ps principle, there are sites that list the public holiday / bars closure dates with a great deegree of accuracy, such as this one: Public Holidays and Bar Closures in Thailand, 2012 - 2015

Forewarned and all that

Must admit the bar closure days don't bother me that much, being there so often, but I can see it might be a downer for those travelling a long distance, especially if in LOS for only a few days or a week.

That said, being a firm believer in the 6Ps principle, there are sites that list the public holiday / bars closure dates with a great degree of accuracy, such as this one: Public Holidays and Bar Closures in Thailand, 2012 - 2015

Forewarned and all that

I did not ask, as I had not been to Lamai when we caught up in Maenam Beach for the rugby.

My favorite place down that way is a place called Surf and ?????, cannot think of the 2nd part of the name.

If you walk down to the beach by the side of the Lamai Wanta and turn left on the sand. It is the 2nd place along.

It has sunbeds, tables on the sand, and also inside. Also has a nice bar area with a good size pool table.

I like it as it is a bit quieter than the other place and there are nice friendly people that run it. Plus all the food that I have eaten there is spot on. Do a really good breakfast to start the day with.

I found it last year when I was over and used it every day, and went back again a couple of times this year as well and still as good
    Do you mean "Swing Bar"... I quite like it there too as an alternative to Bikini Bar some days....

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

DP, the new bar I was on about was to the LH side of your photo of the Swing Bar.

When I was there it looked like it had only recently opened. Did not go in there as not many people in there. But looks pretty smart and worth a visit when it gets a bit busier.

I also liked the Swing bar as well for a bit of a change

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar

I don't like swing bar....the servers have no idea as they are Burmese...their english is useless and they can't speak Thai...= the food is average at best...its aimed at farangs so it has no flavour

I am not a fan of Bamboo...ate there for a few days while Bikini was closed last year as Steve was redoing the decking...small portions and lesser quality ingredients IMO....a much more Thai styled place than Bikini so the girls like it for spiciness etc

The reason I spend so much time at Bikini is because i am always so disappointed when i try to eat elsewhere..hardly anywhere comes close to its mix of US/TexMex/Thai and good service...I can have an omelette or somtam for lunch and ribs, a whole steamed fish or fajitas for dinner....plenty of variety on the menu

Of course i have my own small mom and pop joints i like for soup, kai palo, somtam etc...but if I am on the beach its pretty much a certainty that i will be at Bikini

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Do you mean "Swing Bar"... I quite like it there too as an alternative to Bikini Bar some days....

i thought the place on the left was a massage place...will look out for it next time Chelski on my morning walks...Like Nels big fan of Bikini...have always gone there..never had a bad meal there so far...particularly like there green curry

i thought the place on the left was a massage place...will look out for it next time Chelski on my morning walks...Like Nels big fan of Bikini...have always gone there..never had a bad meal there so far...particularly like there green curry
    Messe, It is very close to there but I think the massage place had shut (although there was a sign still there).
    Where is the location of the place that you normally stay in relation to the Lamai Wanta. If you come down the side if the Wanta to the beach, would you turn left or right when you get to the beach. I was going to go and have a look at it but could not remember the name of the resort.
    Last edited by chelski; 26th July 2013 at 16:53.

Messe, It is very close to there but I think the massage place had shut (although there was a sign still there).
    Where is the location of the place that you normally stay in relation to the Lamai Wanta. If you come down the side if the Wanta to the beach, would you turn left or right when you get to the beach. I was going to go and have a look at it but could not remember the name of the resort.
    i know where Lamai Wanti is...ride my scoot past it when i go to bikini(thats if i dont walk there on the beach)..will check it out in Oct

i know where Lamai Wanti is...ride my scoot past it when i go to bikini(thats if i dont walk there on the beach)..will check it out in Oct
    I normally walk down the road at the side of the Outback Bar and get on the beach from there at the side of the Wanta.
    Not game for the motorbikes 55555

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast