The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Booze Free Holiday, May 24th

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    DP, the new bar I was on about was to the LH side of your photo of the Swing Bar.

When I was there it looked like it had only recently opened. Did not go in there as not many people in there. But looks pretty smart and worth a visit when it gets a bit busier.

I also liked the Swing bar as well for a bit of a change

OK. I haven't been there for a year, so perhaps wasn't there when I was there. I quite like the view from Swing Bar overlooking the beach. Not had many meals there... mostly smoothies which were nice... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    OK. I haven't been there for a year, so perhaps wasn't there when I was there. I quite like the view from Swing Bar overlooking the beach. Not had many meals there... mostly smoothies which were nice... 555
    I was there is Sept last year and it was not there, and a few weeks ago when i was there it looked like they were open but the finishing touches still being done. To me it looked a bit more upmarket to everything else that is in that part of the beach.

Will have to check it out when I am next over again

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    i have never seen the swing bar full...(inside)...always people sitting outside looking bored 5555..seems attract a younger crowd

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    i have never seen the swing bar full...(inside)...always people sitting outside looking bored 5555..seems attract a younger crowd
    At my age... EVERYONE is a younger crowd. 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    At my age... EVERYONE is a younger crowd. 5555
    begining to get that feeling as well ..but still a long way from you 55555...what is that old saying"you as old as the woman you feel" 5555

Quote Originally Posted by meese View Post
    From what I can see, I think they may have tried to model it on the Ark Bar in Chaewang, but Lamai attracts an older age group, so perhaps that is why it is not working so well.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Swing has "club" nights on Friday and Monday...DJ, fire twirler/dancers,lighting stacks, dance platform and a guy doing a show in the water on jet-boots....gets a younger/couples crowd in but its not hi NRG music, just yer sorta Beach club vibe (think Hed kandi beach house) and never gets rammed like the pool area at Ark gets

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Fire twirler dancers sounds gay...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

I had it last year or the year before coming to CM for song kran. I got there and it was an election day and 2 days after that it was a burying of a princess I think. No alcohol allowed to be sold for 3 days. I was happy to find a 7/11 who sold a a bottle of Johnny Black and found an Irish pub who served beer in a coffee mug. I'm not a heavy drinker but on vacation I have the ritual of taking a bath before going for diner and when in bath drink a whisk(e)y and Coke while watching an episode of some show on my laptop.
    Just checked the calendar and no problems for my next trip, also learned to pick up the bottle of black at the airport. It's cheaper and they always sell it

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    bar closure day this wed the 4th coming up for machu pichu day.....or whatever they call it
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Could be this one "Makha Bucha Day"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ yeah that one.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234