Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bangkok Nightlife help

Bangkok Nightlife help

It's been great reading all this info. Thanks guys
    I'll be heading into Bangkok next week and i need some of your advice. I'm going with a high school friend who is going on his first trip in 15 years without his wife and kids. He wants to let his hair down and little and have a few crazy nights. The main thing is I want him to have a good time on holiday. We are in our early 30's and arrive on Wednesday.
    The main setback is my friend can be a little shy and I am anticipating is that he may be little overwhelmed. So i don't think i will be taking him to any Go-go bars unless he really wants to. We will be staying around Sukhumvit area (Soi 10), close to some nightlife. I was thinking of taking him to a few a roof top bar and a nightclub with more goodgirls than freelancers. I haven't actually been nightclubbing in Bangkok so I do't even know what to expect.
    Here is a tentative plan that I've come up with. Any advice would be great.
    -Head to a rooftop bar such as Sky bar or Banyan tree hotel.
    -Have some dinner, then head to a club along RCA (such as slim?) or Q bar near our hotel.
    Thanks

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    A soapy massage would be a good way to help him over his shyness..

LOL... how about a trip to soi 4 nana plaza?

Your plan seems fine. The roof top bars can get busy and are normally very touristy. Bed Supperclub is also good just remember to dress well and enjoy yourselves. There will be plenty of freelancers around in those clubs on the prowl as well. Happy hunting

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Levels at Aloft is right near you (soi 11) its the flashest newest trendiest joint in town

Levels Club Bangkok Sukhumvit 11

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Yeah, try the clubs on Soi 11, maybe Bangkok Beat as well, head over to Insomnia on Soi 12 (taxis should take you fro free), maybe Titanium on Soi 22. RCA is more Thai orientated from my understanding ...

I'll probably stay at Aloft in August, looking forward to checking out Levels and other nearby venues. I might go to RCA and clubs in that area, but will already have a TG in toe.
    Last edited by Bawdy; 12th June 2013 at 17:43.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    yep....RCA is really for Thais and their friends..unless you can speak Thai you will probably be standing alone with your mate all night

Insomnia has now changed its name to Psycho....and there is also Climax on 11 which is one of the best mixed/pick-up joints in town

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    If hes shy wont it be harder to achieve his goal trying to chat up someone with an accent in a noisy nightclub?
    Id suggest something more direct straight up ....
    But I dont recommend ANYTHING in Suk. Soi 7/1 .
    I wandered thru' there yesterday and the girls were all horrors!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Patpong I, II & III to go to the "Night Market" Shopping. Is where I would take a shy newby. Red light, market shopping, Music bars and the rest up to live shows.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    After 15 years of "Yes dear" he might surprise you...555
    If he is a Thailand virgin I agree with Jonty, after a few drinks Patpong will work.
    Plenty of time for him to graduate to the other spots.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    After 15 years of "Yes dear" he might surprise you...555
    If he is a Thailand virgin I agree with Jonty, after a few drinks Patpong will work.
    Plenty of time for him to graduate to the other spots.
    Or buy quality gifts for family 55555
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Any of the Hillarys bars on Soi 4(Nana) would be my choice, plenty of girls to talk with, you wont be alone for more than a few minutes, have a game of pool and listen to the music, checkout more girls.

If your still alone after a few hours drinking head to Nana Plaza, the choices are endless there 555

Otherwise if your mate is very shy take him to the Eden Club and push him through the doors, pick a couple of girls for him, they will do the rest 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Last I heard Patpong was a bit hard ar$ed and demanding on the newby.
    Lady shows with $30 a beer bar tabs.
    Might put him off for life...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post

Otherwise if your mate is very shy take him to the Eden Club and push him through the doors, pick a couple of girls for him, they will do the rest 555
    If thats supposed to be on Soi 7/1 , it seems to have disappeared...

Getting your first Ladyboy would put you off for life...555

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    If thats supposed to be on Soi 7/1 , it seems to have disappeared...

Website says there still going at the same address Chob, they have specials listed for May/June and July this year.....................

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...47810305,d.dGI
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Ok , theyve moved further down.
    Bunch of scrubbers out the front of a place about there...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Soi 11 is a good place to be staying. Within walking distance of both Soi Nana and Soi Cowboy. Plus as many have said there are a few discos on Soi 11 itself and not far from 11 although Bed Supperclub is supposed to be closing soon.

Nana Plaza is great and the bars on Soi 4 are good too. Soi Cowboy is ok but 2nd fiddle to Nana imo. If you do go to Cowboy be sure to stay vigilent if you go to any of the Arab's Gogos.

Some other good spots to hit. Dr BJ's, Mango and Snow White massage. Everyone should try Annies too as a right of passage as far as BKK entertainment goes.

You will have a good time at RCA. There are plenty of farangs there these days so you won't be as out in the open as you think. If you want to try some of real Thai only places then head down to Thong Lo or Ekamai. It also makes a nice change to try it on with non P4P girls from time to time. Even if you don't score you always have other options. Other good clubs to hit are Spicy, Shock 39 and Bash.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    yep....RCA is really for Thais and their friends..unless you can speak Thai you will probably be standing alone with your mate all night

Insomnia has now changed its name to Psycho....and there is also Climax on 11 which is one of the best mixed/pick-up joints in town
    Has it changed again? Last time I was there (in Jan) it had changed to Insanity.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Sorry Mr Dandy I think you have it wrong - Clubs are hard work for shy guys - the go-go bars of Soi Cowboy (Suzi Wongs, Long gun; Rawhide, Doll House, Shark etc) demand nothing more than sittings quietly in the near dark till he builds up the dutch-courage to do more than look.

Enjoy...
    Changone likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    If you are in Patpong, then just make sure you avoid the touts...don't let them take you to a show, massage or anything else.

For music and a very gentle start to the evening close to you, try Checkin99 between Soi 3 & 7...good Philippino trio singing and few girls but very relaxed place run by an Aussie. Hanrahans in Soi 4 is good for people watching and no bar girls, if you want to keep things tame. Across the road is Hillary 2 which has 2 or 3 live bands every night and pool tables, and plenty of girls.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Suzy Wong beer shower show is something to remember and you can sit back and watch in absolute comfort with someone to attend to your every whim. Not too hard for a shy guy to take...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast