Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Very nice kiss of death! Koh Samui

Cadet

Exclamation Very nice kiss of death! Koh Samui

Cadet
    Nice. Why do I always think they will get bitten?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    They either drain them first or take the fangs out all together. But still, you don't wanna get it.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Cadet
    They certainly put on a good show

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    The one I liked was the youtube clip..." Lethal injection: Thailand: King Cobra grabbed, hugged and kissed goodbye in the wild"

Lethal Injection: Thailand. King Cobra grabbed, hugged and kissed goodbye in the wild - YouTube

It was obviously not a so called "tamed" cobra. Cobras are smart creatures and curious. They know they are the top predator of the heap and are not frightened of humans. I've run into a few of them in the wild and had similar experiences.
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 30th August 2013 at 09:19.

Cadet
    this guy is crazy...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Obviously not the spitting variety...the guy is still alive.

I find it bit perplexing that the so called "snake lover" can`t leave the fkn things alone to go on their merry way.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

I find it bit perplexing that the so called "snake lover" can`t leave the fkn things alone to go on their merry way.
    i Agree with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post

I also agree with that. But, it is a two sided argument. There is the group that wants to kill every snake they come across. There is the other group like myself who likes snakes. I think it's up to "our" group to show that not all snakes are dangerous, and even the venomous ones need protection. It is only through guys like the one in the snake video that people can learn and understand.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Ting tong...sandles and shorts...i would have to be in full bomb disposal gear to get within 10 metres.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Ting tong...sandles and shorts...i would have to be in full bomb disposal gear to get within 10 metres.
    They are not that dangerous if you know what you are doing... They are more curious than anything.

As they say, up to you...

My dad used to chase tiger snakes on his farm...break the spine with the back of a rake. Ting tong too IMO.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ some stories from my mum,dad and grandad about being chased by angry tiger and brown snakes on their farm.

The browns in Oz are much more aggressive than Cobra`s which seem to be pretty docile until you tread on them or start playing with them.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    As they say, up to you...

My dad used to chase tiger snakes on his farm...break the spine with the back of a rake. Ting tong too IMO.
    I had a couple of near misses with Tiger snakes and Brown snakes in Tasmania. A Tiger snake bit me as I walked past a log, but I was wearing waders and thick socks at the time and the fangs just scraped the skin on my instep. I still have the waders that I patched with glue. I was left with an itchy rash like a wasp bite, but that was all. Taipans, Tiger snakes, Browns and cobras all have short fangs and seldom puncture thick leather boots. Vipers are a different story completely and have long fangs that flip up and can puncture anything. I was crawling on my hands and knees one time on the Leven River in Tasmania, trying to sneak up on a trout, when a BIG Brown snake rose up in the grass in front of me at a distance of about 4 feet. I thought I was dead because I couldn't move backwards quickly. Fortunately, the snake just stayed where it was and let me crawl away. Had it attacked I would have been bitten in the face. Unlike cobras, Taipans, Tiger snakes and King Browns can be quite aggressive. I've got movie film of me teasing a Tiger snake with a stick. Then my Tasmanian friend killed it with another stick. I normally just leave snakes alone, but venomous snakes in a residential area are not a good idea. Children are not as aware as adults and can easily be killed by one bite.

my father always told me that tigers are territorial and more aggressive...maybe just more responsive to his provocation!