Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Soi's in BKK?

Soi's in BKK?

I'm heading to BKK in October for a few days, first time ever. In checking around what there is to do, am I wrong or does BKK cater more towards Go-Go's? Seems Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza are all Go-Go's for the most part. I'm trying to find an area like Soi Tiger or Soi Eric to sit and drink, people watch and mingle with the girls out in the open. Any suggestions? I'm most likely going to be staying at the Grand Millenium Sukhumvit.

I have already done some research on nightclubs and came across Mixx, QBar and Insanity (formerly Insomnia.) Any other suggestions or reviews of these clubs?

Thanks!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    There are bars along Soi 4 just outside Nana Plaza, also a less travelled complex called Queens Park. When I think of BKK, I think of specialty massage, like on Soi 24/1 and surrounds. There are some higher end bars on Soi 33, I liked 'Lips', great house band as well, then there is always Demonia ... 555

hmmm, what happened to the rest of the replies to my thread? There were two pages of notes now there is only one reply

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Hmnnn.... two theories .... one is that whenever Bawdy has spoken there is nothing more to add ....

two is that the site was hacked and we lost some posts in the back-up ....

I do agree (and did agree with the Bawd in a lost post) that Soi 4 around Nana is the main beer bar and people watching area ....

Enjoy..
    Life is the unexpected ...

ugh, okay. I still remember some of the replies. I have ping Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 a few times to confirm they are GF without fees but have not had a response yet. Can anyone confirm recently that Centre Point is GF? I have read online that they are but I'm looking for an up-to-the-minute confirmation

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    ugh, okay. I still remember some of the replies. I have ping Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 a few times to confirm they are GF without fees but have not had a response yet. Can anyone confirm recently that Centre Point is GF? I have read online that they are but I'm looking for an up-to-the-minute confirmation
    This was sent to me August 16th:

Thank you for your email.

Regarding your inquiry, please find the reply as below.

What is jour joiner policy if I stay alone? Do you charge a fee for overnight guest?
    No joiner fee for not overnight. However, if you need her to stay over night, you have to let her register at front desk and make sure you booked for double stay not single.

Best Regards,

Chaiyo Pansa, Mr.
    Chief Reception

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    To the OP.... if you like pretty chilled bars, Soi 4 is the go...... there are plenty of bars there.... most are way bigger than what was the case in Soi Eric... Great for a drink, people watching and watching sport.... All of have many ladies working.

The Hilary Group Bars are pretty good, but if you like a COLD beer, they really don't know the meaning of what COLD is ... The best bar for a cold beer, by miles, is Bar 4... it is diagonally across the soi from Hilary 4.

When I was there last month, there was a semi open air bar just inside nana plaza that was doing afternoon happy hour of 599 or 699 baht (can't remember) all you can drink for 5 hours of an arvo.... If ya like a decent drink, it wasn't bad value, but Nana Plaza really doesn't get going till the evening.

As for night clubs, sorry not my deal really..... others would know way more than me about them...... have fun

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

View of Soi 4 from Bar 4

BKK_220813 020a.jpgBKK_220813 026a.jpgBKK_220813 033a.jpg

Took these a couple of weeks ago ... Bar 4 is becoming my regular start of the night BKK bar...

This one was called the Naughty girls bar ...
    PadMC likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Nobody recommends the Majestic anymore?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    To the OP.... if you like pretty chilled bars, Soi 4 is the go......
    Soi 4 it is. I do like to start at a low-key, chill bar in the evening hours.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    This was sent to me August 16th:
    Guess they don't like me since they're not responding

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

Is there a Faithful Girls Bar? You know... for when I am bored of naughty girls...
    meese likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet Gold
    Guess they don't like me since they're not responding
    I am just a likable guy

It's really great to hear that Soi 4 is the place to be for beer bars, because the first 4 days of my holiday, I will be staying there. I'll check them all out next week

Cadet
    Luvin,

I responded with a few ideas. Perhaps when the Myanmar folks hijacked the site, a few things got lost.

As much as I like Terminal 21 and the massage places on Soi 24, I would prefer to stay around Soi 11 or Soi 8 (directly across from Soi 11...if you have been to BKK, then you will understand).

On Soi 11, I have stayed at Aloft, Citadines, President Palace and Grand President. They all have gyms and pools (best being at President Palace) and all are GF. In August, I also stayed at Citadines on Soi 8. quiet soi with a tuk tuk that will drive you back/forth from the Suk (main road) 24 hours a day. I would call the hotel at 2:00AM with TG and they would pick us up.

Clubs...my favorite is Climax in the basement of the Ambassador hotel on Soi 11. The most freelancers, which means the most choice. Plus, I like the live band. Insomnia is good, but a bit loud for me...and Levels is OK as well, and caters to younger expats and tourists.

I am not a huge go go fan, so I can not provide any insights into Nana or Soi Cowboy.

Enjoy

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I stayed on Soi 13, just off Soi 11, 2 weeks ago and visited a few of the clubs (NEST, Levels). Nice for a change of scenery, the vibe was quite different to Soi 4.

Quote Originally Posted by levkid View Post
    Luvin,

I responded with a few ideas. Perhaps when the Myanmar folks hijacked the site, a few things got lost.

As much as I like Terminal 21 and the massage places on Soi 24, I would prefer to stay around Soi 11 or Soi 8 (directly across from Soi 11...if you have been to BKK, then you will understand).

On Soi 11, I have stayed at Aloft, Citadines, President Palace and Grand President. They all have gyms and pools (best being at President Palace) and all are GF. In August, I also stayed at Citadines on Soi 8. quiet soi with a tuk tuk that will drive you back/forth from the Suk (main road) 24 hours a day. I would call the hotel at 2:00AM with TG and they would pick us up.

Clubs...my favorite is Climax in the basement of the Ambassador hotel on Soi 11. The most freelancers, which means the most choice. Plus, I like the live band. Insomnia is good, but a bit loud for me...and Levels is OK as well, and caters to younger expats and tourists.

I am not a huge go go fan, so I can not provide any insights into Nana or Soi Cowboy.

Enjoy
    Great info, thanks! I'm not much of a Go Go fan myself. I tend to steer towards bars and clubs for the most part. I plan on checking out Climax and maybe Levels. How late were those venues open?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar

Clubs...my favorite is Climax in the basement of the Ambassador hotel on Soi 11.
    Climax is part of the Hillary Group. The same bands can be seen at Hillary 2 on Soi 4 if you want a beer bar style venue with live music.
    Rivo likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Great info, thanks! I'm not much of a Go Go fan myself. I tend to steer towards bars and clubs for the most part. I plan on checking out Climax and maybe Levels. How late were those venues open?
    I think it opens at 10, yet I think it is quiet till after midnight. Big influx when the bars on Soi 4 close. Taxis line up on Suk to take you a few minutes down the road.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Cadet
    agree with Nomad about times. I tend to go to Hilary Bar on Soi 4 (across from Hanrahans) and listen to the band, have a few drinks etc. there are a surprising number of attractive, cool ladies at Hilary 4 and then I head to Climax around midnight. Place is just starting to get busy then and is hopping at 1:00. Probably open until 2:30 or 3:00 (or later).

Levels is definitely more upmarket than Climax. Levels is much younger and hipper, but Climax is larger with many more ladies.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    BKK_220813 020a.jpgBKK_220813 026a.jpgBKK_220813 033a.jpg

Took these a couple of weeks ago ... Bar 4 is becoming my regular start of the night BKK bar...

Those pics look vaguely familiar.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast