Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Soi eric

Newby

Soi eric

I hear soi Eric now gone to be soi freedom firstly when does it reopen and secondly are the same bar still there was thinking mainly guitar bar and ash and wan in freedom bar

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    It doesn't look like it'll open any time soon. Maybe next year sometime. And by then who knows which bars would have decided to move on.

And welcome to the board.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Newby
    Thanks for reply hoping it would be open when I come in December also ash from freedom bar was from Perth as well

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickb View Post
    Thanks for reply hoping it would be open when I come in December also ash from freedom bar was from Perth as well

Don't hold that against him , they're not all like Bacon 5555

WTTB

I'll be there late December as well. Was hoping for a reopen by then to see what it would look like.

That's alright though. Sea Dragon is where I'll be most of the time anyway 555

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Hey Bacon where does your collection of smilies come from, you have some rippers?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    My 1st Thai girlfriend was from Guitar Bar, she intercepted me while on my way to MTB 555

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Hey Bacon where does your collection of smilies come from, you have some rippers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    .... lol .... made in >

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Custom Animated Smiley Animation Generators collection, Page 0 . smileygenerator.us - Main 0 ?

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by mickb View Post
    Ash and Wan have renewed there lease for another 7 years so they will be back when the soi opens. they were told it would be open mig August so i bet there not to happy.Im back in december so no doubt we will be drinking in Freedom bar at the same time.

Cadet
    After I saw this thread I e-mailed Ash for an update...as of this morning, he expects the Soi and his bar to be open in Mid October. Since that is only a couple of weeks away, hopefully the news is accurate. I usually start my nights with Ash, Wan and others and then head "out" around midnight..

I will be in Patong 12/23-12/28

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by levkid View Post
    After I saw this thread I e-mailed Ash for an update...as of this morning, he expects the Soi and his bar to be open in Mid October. Since that is only a couple of weeks away, hopefully the news is accurate. I usually start my nights with Ash, Wan and others and then head "out" around midnight..

I will be in Patong 12/23-12/28
    Thats good news we will be in Potong 21/12/13 - 2/1/14 looking forward to see how the new freedom bar looks

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBOB View Post
    Thats good news we will be in Potong 21/12/13 - 2/1/14 looking forward to see how the new freedom bar looks
    My guess would be the setup will remain the same and everything might just look newer and shinier. But that in itself will probably get a few customers visiting. At least until the novelty wears off and things go quiet again.

But then momentum counts too. I think the new Soi will have a short time to build itself a reputation and could potentially become a center of activity, especially if enough regular expats start calling it a home again. Hard to tell with these things until it happens.

Cadet Bronze
    Let hope so bacon, i dont think patong needs another tiger (over rated,over priced banging disco soi). If the bars can keep the prices fair and get the staff back then maybe the soi could get the trade back that it had years ago. I know one owner who sold up a few years ago as he couldnt get the staff.he has moved to soi crocodile and is still is very light on staff. When i 1st used his bar in soi eric he had a full stable and sometimes we couldnt get in the bar as it was full on many nights.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    ^^^^

That demographic have found their princess or largely gone elsewhere.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    If the popularity of Tiger 1 and Tiger 2 are anything to go by it took Tiger 1 around 2 years to supplant Soi Eric after it was completed and 6 months for Tiger 2 and a fire to Tiger 1 to get its traffic as well as paying salary above the odds (at least double) in order to get girls to work there. All the best to a rebranded Soi Eric, but I'm not sure how they plan to compete unless they plan to do something different, obviously what they were doing before the renovations didn't work, imo.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Newby
    Thanks for info everyone lost business card with all ash's contact details on so couldn't find anything out myself look forward to see him,wan and all staff December

Platinum
    Bad news. This place is currently on fire.

Anyone there at the moment got an update?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast