Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Death of Soi Easy. Long Live The Club Patong.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar

The Death of Soi Easy. Long Live The Club Patong.

I didn't realize that the blokes that split off from Hollywood had totally demolished the soi and were rebuilding it as a totally new night club (literally) under Hollywood.

Soi Easy was definitely it's most popular back in 2004-06 back when it had the Dragon Disco/Go-go bar. You will be missed.

In other news Rock City has closed down and the bar area below Rock Hard Ago-go (which use to be the original RH Ago-go) is getting renovated into something else.

Dragon Disco.jpg
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

So what happened to the idea that all the p4p activity was going to be moved away from Bangla? I thought the new Boxing area behind Juncelon, with bars underneath was the start of that. Is that place flourishing at all? Always looked dead to me a few years back...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Save Patong Beach. Be a c*nt to a tourist!

If we all pitch it, they might stop coming.
    Zablive likes this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    So there will be Hollywood and a new disco directly beneath it?

Shame to hear Rock City is closing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    The only constant in Patong is Change.

The newish Boxing Complex opposite Banzaan Markets is like a mausoleum for Dodos most nights.

Cadet Bronze
    Im shocked they keep trying so many different things in that soi, i hope the rising sun bar finds a new location i have not left that bar sober many times. How many discos does bangla area need im sure a good cheap drinking soi would work a lot better

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Rock City gone the way of all things...Is Pinoy playing anywhere else?
    If not, maybe have to wait for 2014 bike week

So when is this new disco below Hollywood supposed to open?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Absolutely no change to Soi Eric by the way ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Maybe controversial, but why do single men and mongerers keep holding on to Patong as a destination for them?
    It is obviously overrun by package deal tourists and families, who look down upon the mongerers..
    Prices have gone up to the rediculous...

Alternatives like Kata and Kamala are close by..

I don't understand... On Samui Chaweng used to be the destination, but family tourism has taken over, and single man tourism has moved to Lamai without a problem..

Not critisizing, just want to understand..

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    So when is this new disco below Hollywood supposed to open?
    October 31st
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Absolutely no change to Soi Eric by the way ...
    Other than to renovate it so all the bars are uniform with a new tin roof (with still no roof covering the middle area, yet)... hardly the reno that demanded the soi be demolished and closed down for 3-4 months for such a cosmetic change. Although they did put a TMB Atm where Malibu Bar use to be, 555

Also fans of Pit Stop Bar will also be saddened by it's demolishment and renovation as of last week. L'Amour is still open for business though for those looking to watch Russian birds.

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Maybe controversial, but why do single men and mongerers keep holding on to Patong as a destination for them?
    It is obviously overrun by package deal tourists and families, who look down upon the mongerers..

I don't understand... On Samui Chaweng used to be the destination, but family tourism has taken over, and single man tourism has moved to Lamai without a problem..

Well when I first started going to Patong around 2003-04 (pre-tsunami) I'd equate it to the movie "Animal House," lots of geriatric characters that just cared about having a good time and the locals more than willing to share in it (as opposed to strictly profit from it). A very fun time for anyone that got to experience it, imo. So nostalgia factor, i guess.

But with the recent price hikes over the last few years, nostalgia is overrated, 555

Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post

Last year was my first time and I loved it. Nice mix of bars and restaurants. Yeah it's expensive but that's because there are plenty of hotties and I have a great time so it's all good. It's also nicely positioned for day trips. Most of my evenings were spent in new tiger and I didn't see any package deal families. In fact I didn't Ee any families at all. Just lots of guys and girls having fun.

I've not done kata or kamla but I hear the bar scene is a fraction compared to Patong? I guess if your an old timer looking for a slower pace so be it. But this is a 3 week holiday for me so I like the in your face side of things.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    " I've not done kata or kamla but I hear the bar scene is a fraction compared to Patong? I guess if your an old timer looking for a slower pace so be it. But this is a 3 week holiday for me so I like the in your face side of things."

Pretty much the case RT
    Patongs 'choices' are overwhelmingly greater than Kamalas or Chawengs or Lamais.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBOB View Post
    How many discos does bangla area need im sure a good cheap drinking soi would work a lot better
    Plenty of people where saying that when the old Dragon club was closed and a new disco was proposed that became known as....Hollywood!!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Every time I visit Patong I swear I will never go back but its like a train wreak ( I used to be a Shunter ( in an other life ) in a busy gravitational shunting yard and have witnessed quite a few train wrecks ), you cant help but to take another look. The joint is overpriced and over done but I do like the place for a week or so at a time. Looking forward to viewing the change, first hand, after 12 months away from party central.
    Last edited by 1080; 6th October 2013 at 12:00.

Platinum
    Change is inevitable in any tourist place in the world. I still enjoy going to patong so much so that i go 2 to 3 times a year. Dont even really have any interest in going to pattaya.. I like the familiarity of patong and where you can easily get to know everyone quite well.

Think some of the vets need to let go of the whole overpriced thing now. Its here to stay. Fact is people that are coming for a 2 to 3 week trip dont really care about prices. Not having a go at anyone but its time to let go.

I love going to patong and plan to keep going for as long as bangla road and all the barsa res till there 555

Platinum
    And would this new club happen to replace i think its capule nightclub or am i in the wrong soi?

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    " I've not done kata or kamla but I hear the bar scene is a fraction compared to Patong? I guess if your an old timer looking for a slower pace so be it. But this is a 3 week holiday for me so I like the in your face side of things."

Pretty much the case RT
    Patongs 'choices' are overwhelmingly greater than Kamalas or Chawengs or Lamais.
    Maybe once a small fraction, but with the closures and changes to Bangla and environs, along with some shift to the hinterland, the fraction must be getting bigger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast