Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: First night in Patong.

First night in Patong.

Officially it is my 3rd night, though first night arrived at 10:30pm with a 6am start to Koh Yao, then did a crazy 80km paddle around the limestone formations with a fantastic guide, returning last night totally hammered.

So finally I have my first real night to hit the bars, any suggestions from those in the know?

Btw if I had a $ for every time someone has called out to me today I would be rich. FFS when I have walked past a dozen taxis in a row, 13 is not my lucky number so why try? 555.

Also those fvuckwits trying to sell coming up to you on their scooters should be arrested (none of them thais). Got harassed 3 times in my first half hour walk along the beach road, not a good look for the place, would be in the best interest for tourism to eradicate them. Was called a racist for walking away! charming.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    ^^^ You have been to Thailand before, right? 555

Keep us updated on your Patong adventures. And make sure you get up to no good.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I like the Bars along the RHS of Bangla from the Beach , P-One , Kangaroo and Moon

Have a great trip
    Changone likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriffOfNothing View Post
    So finally I have my first real night to hit the bars, any suggestions from those in the know?
    Starlight 69 Bar (the old Lion Bar from other TRs) is a decent bar to kick off the night if you are out around 10 pm. It's across from the Pizza Company besides the steps leading up to the Russian go-go. Girls don't hassle you for a LD so it's a good place to get a first drink before moving on to somewhere else.

From there you can hit the go-gos in Soi Sea Dragon (Suzy Wong's is a must for at least one drink although it can get quite busy in there really fast depending on your timing) so Devil's Playground, Exotica or Candy Club might be better if you want less competition for the girls attention.

If you are just interested in casual drinks and people watching any bar located across from the old Soi Eric, Soi Crocodile, Soi Gonzo, and Soi Easy will do the trick. So Heroes Bar, Moon Bar, Blue Lotus, Kangaroo and P1 are decent places to post up.

Finally there's New Tiger, it's pretty generic so find a bar with a good vibe, dancers, PR girls and you'll do alright. I prefer the back corner myself where Nasty Bar, Bar Funk 1 & 2, Cowboys Bar and Dusk Till Dawn Bar are located. Another decent area is around Penitentiary Bar 1 & 2, Liquor Box Bar, Unik, and Joker Bar.

If you are interested in dancing, Hollywood, New Tiger disco, Tai Pan and Seduction are decent around 2 am but if you are looking to pick-up and you can make it past 4 am then Hollywood, New Tiger, and Tai Pan are good bets. Around 5:30 am, Chang Club at the end of soi sansabai is a good to play pool or get a last chance pick up.

So Bangla in a nutshell, enjoy.
    Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 12th October 2013 at 22:06.
    matto, OzzyDamo, Dupree and 2 others like this.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    That's a pretty nice wrap up Smiley.
    Thoroughly agree with all.

I think I just described last night's bar crawl, 555
    OzzyDamo likes this.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Starlight 69 Bar (the old Lion Bar from other TRs) is a decent bar to kick off the night if you are out around 10 pm. It's across from the Pizza Company besides the steps leading up to the Russian go-go. Girls don't hassle you for a LD so it's a good place to get a first drink before moving on to somewhere else.

From there you can hit the go-gos in Soi Sea Dragon (Suzy Wong's is a must for at least one drink although it can get quite busy in there really fast depending on your timing) so Devil's Playground, Exotica or Candy Club might be better if you want less competition for the girls attention.

If you are just interested in casual drinks and people watching any bar located across from the old Soi Eric, Soi Crocodile, Soi Gonzo, and Soi Easy will do the trick. So Heroes Bar, Moon Bar, Blue Lotus, Kangaroo and P1 are decent places to post up.

Finally there's New Tiger, it's pretty generic so find a bar with a good vibe, dancers, PR girls and you'll do alright. I prefer the back corner myself where Nasty Bar, Bar Funk 1 & 2, Cowboys Bar and Dusk Till Dawn Bar are located. Another decent area is around Penitentiary Bar 1 & 2, Liquor Box Bar, Unik, and Joker Bar.

If you are interested in dancing, Hollywood, New Tiger disco, Tai Pan and Seduction are decent around 2 am but if you are looking to pick-up and you can make it past 4 am then Hollywood, New Tiger, and Tai Pan are good bets. Around 5:30 am, Chang Club at the end of soi sansabai is a good to play pool or get a last chance pick up.

So Bangla in a nutshell, enjoy.
    There should be a sticky with all this info in it.
    Dupree likes this.

Might be only good for year... then all the bars change hands or get knocked down... things are starting to pick up a bit as girls come back from the village life to work the coming high season so for now (other than the weather) is a good time to check out all the fresh off the farm girls before they get too seasoned, 555

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    I think I just described last night's bar crawl, 555
    I must have it sorted after my 10 trips.
    I follow the same route.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    ^^^ You have been to Thailand before, right? 555

Keep us updated on your Patong adventures. And make sure you get up to no good.
    I've passed through Bkk, but never Phuket.

Might be only good for year... then all the bars change hands or get knocked down... things are starting to pick up a bit as girls come back from the village life to work the coming high season so for now (other than the weather) is a good time to check out all the fresh off the farm girls before they get too seasoned, 555
    Can I hire you as a guide? 555.

Thanks for the info, if I can do half that stuff I will be doing well!

Might give that route a try. If everything is still the same by December.

One of my favourite people watching spots was Silk Bar. Not sure who owns it or what it's called now that Chris is back in England. But I'll check it out again in December. Good place to perch and watch Bangla go by.

Can I hire you as a guide? 555.

Thanks for the info, if I can do half that stuff I will be doing well!
    Trick is not to get stuck in one bar. If it's your first time on the road you might not make it past 69 Bar, 555

If you need a drinking buddy send YDK a PM, he's here for another 2 days. I might be out for a little bit tonight if enough people peer pressure me or I get bored staying in, hmmm.
    Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 12th October 2013 at 22:41.

Are you looking for a Maid Marion for the night too Sheriff? Or purely on a drinking mission?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Are you looking for a Maid Marion for the night too Sheriff? Or purely on a drinking mission?
    First one, then the other. Can't go wrong with that formula.

I've been drinking most of today, currently detoxing on ice tea.

I think a fine young Maiden would do very nicely!

And don't forget to wear your Sheriff of Nothing outfit when you go on the pull... or if you want to be incognito... just take your badge...

Last edited by Quarky; 12th October 2013 at 23:00.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Thanks, I'll print it out and attach it to my shirt shall I? 555

I've been drinking most of today, currently detoxing on ice tea.

I think a fine young Maiden would do very nicely!
    You in your hotel or on your phone?

Start to get ready. Prime time is coming up in Patong.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast