Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help needed with Pattaya hotel

zen
    Cadet

Help needed with Pattaya hotel

I have been to Patong many times, but was thinking of trying Pattaya for my next trip.
    Can anyone recommend a good hotel within 5/10 minutes walk of the main bar area.
    I am looking for something in the 1500 TBH. range, preferably with an in-room safe and free Wi-Fi.(must be girl friendly)
    Not too worried about a pool.
    Thanks for any help.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Pattaya Bay Resort. Areca, Intimate.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    My experience is really limited, but as Dupree just mentioned, Pattaya Bay Resort is pretty nice, and is about a 10 minute walk from LK Metro, where there are a lot of go-go's. I just booked there again, in fact will be there next week, and they have a very reduced price right now, do to some construction on a new wing. I paid just over 900 baht/night.

If you wanted to stay right up by Walking Street, I did stay 2 nights at the Jasmine Hotel. Very budget oriented, and not a bad hotel at all, and Walking Street is about a 30 second stroll out the front door, so it is really close ... actually too close for my liking. Great service, and decent, clean rooms, tho I found it a bit too lackluster.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    My experience is really limited, but as Dupree just mentioned, Pattaya Bay Resort is pretty nice, and is about a 10 minute walk from LK Metro, where there are a lot of go-go's. I just booked there again, in fact will be there next week, and they have a very reduced price right now, do to some construction on a new wing. I paid just over 900 baht/night.

If you wanted to stay right up by Walking Street, I did stay 2 nights at the Jasmine Hotel. Very budget oriented, and not a bad hotel at all, and Walking Street is about a 30 second stroll out the front door, so it is really close ... actually too close for my liking. Great service, and decent, clean rooms, tho I found it a bit too lackluster.
    10 min walk, nah don't you know the short cut next to the 7/11. Please let us know how the noise situation is VG.
    And yes the PBR is a good standard of accommodation and fairly central to everything, at a reasonable price.

To the OP (zen) when did you plan on going as that will have an impact on your budget.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    For first timers to Patts I always recommend staying close to the heart of the place - Walking Street and the Beach Road
    So...
    Soi 7 or Soi 8 - Flipper Lodge or Flipper House or anything in that area belonging to the Eastiny Group - Walking distance to the LK Metro and Soi Buakaew areas - easy Songtaew ride to Walking St and Back
    Diamond Beach Hotel in Soi Diamond - fall out of bed and land in the bar area - hotel is a bit of a dive even by Patts standards but you will NEVER forget staying there ...
    Soi 2 - Songtaew everywhere but one of the most consistently good hotels in town (I first stayed there in 2001!) - Sabai Lodge
    Keep in mind that transport around Pattaya is NOTHING LIKE PHUKET....it is easy and cheap !!!

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    ... within 5/10 minutes walk of the main bar area ...
    What's the main bar area? There are so many to choose from, which one do you want to be close to? Pattaya is not like Patong with one major bar area. There is already a thread about accomm. in Pattaya.
    Last edited by Bawdy; 21st October 2013 at 17:56.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I stayed at April Suites in August. I was paying just over $1k baht a night, but that was during off peak season.

It would take me 2 minutes to walk across the street and get to beach road to the first bar where I'd start my bar hopping towards Walking Street every night.

Check it out on Agoda. I highly recommend it. Very private, guest friendly, safe in the room, pool and bar on the roof where you can look over Pattaya whilst swimming. I loved it.
    Last edited by Bacon; 21st October 2013 at 21:19.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    ... in the 1500 TBH. range ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Areca, Intimate.
    Puts Areca & Intimate out of the equation, they are asking 5000 Bt for the room I've booked at Intimate now for next month.

I know some good places, but more in the 2000 Bt range when discounted, see the thread I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I stayed at April Suites in August. I was paying just over $1k baht a night, but that was during off peak season.
    AS is great value, but some people complain about the location and not being able to find it 1st off.

If the OP really means staying near Walking Street, finding a decent place for 1500Bt may be a stretch, plus WS is absolutely dead during the day/afternoon!

^ My 1st trip to Pattaya I stayed at Secrets just off WS, then Galaxy Suites above 'Heaven Above' Go Go (999 Bt/night), both were great experiences but accommodation a bit below hotel grade.

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Keep in mind that transport around Pattaya is NOTHING LIKE PHUKET....it is easy and cheap !!!

Enjoy...
    At what point in the night would you say the 10 baht for the baht bus ends?
    I'm still a Patts rookie.

^ I would say at about close to midnight they might start charging 100 Bt. When in Pattaya I like to stay right amoungst the action, be it WS, LK Metro or Soi 6. These days I usually stay right on Soi 6 or close to LK, usually both, so transport is never an issue. I think the Intimate Hotel is in a great location, short walk to WS and LK, well by my standards anyway 555
    Last edited by Bawdy; 21st October 2013 at 22:40.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    At what point in the night would you say the 10 baht for the baht bus ends?
    I'm still a Patts rookie.
    After you pay-bar for the girl? *Cha Ching*

Actually, it's a good question - some would say its 24/7 unless negotiated otherwise, but I'd say once the sun goes down I'm happy to pay 20 baht per person ...

Bawdy? Your thoughts ?

Enjoy..
    Life is the unexpected ...

^ I've never payed 20 Bt, but I know the Baht buses up their prices close to midnight to 100 Bt, though if you wait and look you may find one operating normally, there are always the motorbike taxis as well, just agree to price beforehand.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I would like to see some more input about decent accommodation in Pattaya in the sub 1k to 2k level.
    Seems to me there is a ton of stuff in the 2-3k a day area but if you are staying more than a week, that is prohibitive.
    Come on guys, there must be more to it than this.

How is the baht bus price even a topic of conversation? Seriously, if 30 cents more is an issue to anyone, they shouldn't be travelling in the first place. And don't tell me it's a matter of principle. That's just nonsense.

I sometimes hand them a 50 or 100 if I don't have the change and just walk away.

How is the baht bus price even a topic of conversation? Seriously, if 30 cents more is an issue to anyone, they shouldn't be travelling in the first place. And don't tell me it's a matter of principle. That's just nonsense.

I sometimes hand them a 50 or 100 if I don't have the change and just walk away.
    It's actually a decent topic. I'm just curious as they were trying for 200 baht from WS, I was just interested at what point in the night this came into place.
    I'm not concerned about the cost but just looking for an insight from some of the more experienced.

I never run into this. And there are so many of them that if anyone asks for 200 baht you just walk behind him to the next guy.

When I didn't feel like fucking around with the baht bus I just caught a scooter back to the hotel for 100.

Was a general query. It certainly doesn't impact my trip. If that was a concern I would cut 4 trips to 3.
    I was paying 70-100 baht on a m/bike from Soi Sansabai to Soi Jintana in the middle of the year. Which I preferred to pay as opposed to walking.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    I would like to see some more input about decent accommodation in Pattaya in the sub 1k to 2k level.
    Seems to me there is a ton of stuff in the 2-3k a day area but if you are staying more than a week, that is prohibitive.
    Come on guys, there must be more to it than this.

I have mentioned Nature View on Soi Buakhao, , 5 mis walk from Metro and all the action there.. at about the 1200 Bht mark it is good value for guys on a budget (cash strapped SAFFA's 555)
    And if you don't mind a little noise there are a fe GH's on LK Metro that come in under 1000.. I Rovers spring to mind.

Its about being close to the action and not needing transport at all ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast