Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phuket beach clubs.

Platinum

Phuket beach clubs.

Am heading over for 9 nkghts in patong with 20 lads for a bucks party.

Anyone have any info on the better beach clubs around ?

Never been to a beach club on phuket so dont really know what to expect. But looking for some good tunes and not to much sitting down type of place.

Cadet Gold

Beach clubs are popping up like mushrooms

There's a swag of them on Surin Beach. Most occupy public land with structures that the powers that be have deemed "not permanent" so they called off the sledge hammer welding heavies they had lined up to knock them down.

Fine for beautiful people with the means to be seen dining on flash tucker, washed down with fancy plonk, while chilling to DJ provided sounds. Heck they might even get their designer swimwear wet.

For the average Jill and Joe or Somrudee and Somchai, they are an abomination. Fortunately there does remain a small grassed area for the general public, and a few som dum, gai yang and sticky rice vendors catering to the hoi polloi. Wend your way through a maze of umbrellas, and you will find the sea.
    TMTBOUND likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Stayed up at Surin Beach a few years ago and went to the Catch Beach Club as we had access via the hotel I stayed at. I found it pretty good and reasonably priced in regard to the layout and location. If you did not want to spend all your time in there and wanted something a bit less formal, we just used to sit in the cafe right next door as you could still hear the music well enough and was a lot more relaxed and much cheaper beers

I just look at the list posted above and other than the Catch, all of those others have been started since I visited there.
    Last edited by chelski; 3rd February 2014 at 13:40.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Mick hits it on the head , particularly the part about being 'seen' eating nice food and sipping expensive ( by Thai standards ) drinks.
    I dont know how welcome a bunch of 'bucks' will be, to be honest ...they seem to be seeking low key sophisticated small groups....you know , white wines and world music.
    Still , if the guys dont have a herd mentality it should be ok.

Buck shows usually hit the Go Gos and Girlie Bars a ways off in Patong..

Platinum
    Yeah was just looking for a bit of daytime stuff. Probably give these besch clubs a miss tbh. Were not going to be very sophisticated enough for these clubs 555

Looks like well hit up otop and bangla during the day then.

Other suggestions are more than welcome.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Visit Booty bar..........cool group of ladies tht are in OTOP all day.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    I might add a few young ladies that are worth a taking from BOOTY BAR

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
    Yeah was just looking for a bit of daytime stuff. Probably give these besch clubs a miss tbh. Were not going to be very sophisticated enough for these clubs 555

Looks like well hit up otop and bangla during the day then.

Other suggestions are more than welcome.
    Also try the bars in Sunset Plaza just off Beach Road. Come down Bangala, turn left and walk down the beach to the Absolute resort. Turn left and the bars are there. Is about 5 or 6 there and always a good crowd there during the day.

No problem with a big group of guys there, have seen plenty of them when I have been there.

Also try the beachfront cheap restaurants and bars at the bottom of Sawatdirak road ( on the sand ) and spreading north. ( Probably the first ones are best as they actually have toilets to get rid of all that p!ss , and theres some small Lady Bars there as well)
    They are tolerant and will welcome the money you bring.
    You can have a swim in the sea any time and continually graze on plates of prawns and satays ... a game of touch footy ( BYO ball), soccer ( the Thais will join in ) or cricket ( BYO bat from Aus!) on the low tide ...ahh , paradise .....
    Last edited by Chob; 4th February 2014 at 14:28.

PS - I know its gonna be near impossible , but try to lecture the boys not to be saying "Fcuk" all the time.
    Thais hate it , and if anyone is gonna decide to attack you , it'll usually be over that word ... saying , "Youre fcukin kidding !" is not just sounding surprised to a Thai , it can be fighting words.

Smile a lot , always buy your drinks from the place sit you sit at ( not BYO thats obviously cheaper at a 7/11) , say Thank You and nod and smile again , and they'll be a lot more forgiving of a bunch of yobs than they will back home.
    Remember it is better to pay your way out of trouble than fight , they WILL make sure you always lose in the end if you are silly enough to choose the latter.
    Make a proper announcement to the boys about this.
    ( I dont want to go on , but I used to run Bucks Shows and tours here as a part time job...)

And another thing: Take ONLY cash and a cheap phone when you go out! Cards , wallets full of important stuff and expensive toys inevitably get lost , and spoil the experience. Cash is K!ng in LOS, nobody wants your card anyway - leave it with the rest in the room safe.)

Cadet Gold
    Loma Park is a nice area to hang out.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Soi Dongtan just past the Savoey Restaurant on Beach Rd (heading North) is a fun soi with a group in the daytime....the bars look empty but girls will come from everywhere if a bunch of 10 young males sit and have a beer in a bar there
    Zablive likes this.

Platinum
    Cheers guys. Will try a few of these out for sure during the day time.

Little late on the reply here but thought I'd add for those that may read later. I have been to Catch Beach Club in Surin a couple of times. 500 baht taxi from Patong. Last time I was there the 'towel' fee at Catch was 1500 baht/person. That gives you access to the lounges on the beach along with a towel and 1500 baht voucher for food and drink.

The food and drink are way over priced and you will probably spend an additional 1500 baht so figure on 3000 baht per person for the day. The beach is nice and clean, the sand is nice as well. The bar area at Catch is very nice, bit upscale. Food is very good. I don't like the fact that you have to consume food at the bar area, no food allowed on the beach but I get it, it keeps the beach clean. Drinks are allowed but food is not.

It's a good place to take a lady for a quiet day at a nice beach with good food and music. I would not come here with a bunch of guys to be honest. I went there once with my buddy and another time with my TG and my buddy. Good time for a quiet getaway but a bit expensive.

I'm going to try Kata beach and Nai Harn beach next time, perhaps friendship beach as well. Don't think I'll be going to Catch Beach Club next time.

IMG_4159.jpgIMG_4160.jpgIMG_4164.jpg
    Last edited by luvinpatong; 25th March 2014 at 15:37.

Catch Beach Club is now surrounded by 3 new beach clubs , all pricey and each with a slightly different flavour.
    A Moet promotion is perhaps indicative of Catch's 'style'.
    A burger is about 450 baht , but it was the best burger Ive ever eaten.

The next Club north is called Diamond Beach , and similiar to Catch in style ... sleek white and chrome and sauvignon blanc ...

Sorry , pics of Diamond Beach...

The northern most building on Surin Beach is Zazada , featuring millions of cedar shingles and fire truck red , including a pool.
    Their pitch seems to be a beach club for families and the place is quite large. Its still not cheap , but less pricey than Catch.

There is also now a new new beach club just before Catch called Bimi.
    Rumour has it that Catch built it for the younger party market.
    It had a dj spinning tunes as early as 5pm when I was there , had 20 or 30 well coined young people dancing and indulging in the huge open shower, and carried beers at about 150, and up more for imports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast