The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Now I know where all the girls went in Patts...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    And more's the pity Nels - it used to be a beautiful city, with beautiful free spirits with flowers in their hair - Ahh the 60s.
    It still is Pops...We're just not hung up on 1849 sexual mores...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Frisco is my fav. American city, reminds me of Sydney a little.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ mardi gras? 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    ^ There are alot of similarities, yes, Mardi Gras, the harbour/bay, the bridge, the island, the pulse ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    ^ There are alot of similarities, yes, Mardi Gras, the harbour/bay, the bridge, the island, the pulse ...
    Except Sydney doesn't get all the douches who couldn't make it in N.Y. 55555!

You know - the ones with no sexual mores ...

I wish I was your guys age honestly...what a better era to grow up in...and I speak for all parts of the world not just america/uk/aus. You know when I see movies filmed in TH usually like vietnam war movies, year of the dragon, american gangster to name a few I just wish I could have gone there during then so bad lol or even like 1995 or some sh!t when I was prob still sh!tting my pants
    Moo Uaon likes this.
    A good night, the best in a long time
    A new friend turned me on to an old favorite

Quote Originally Posted by supmate View Post
    I wish I was your guys age honestly...what a better era to grow up in...and I speak for all parts of the world not just america/uk/aus. You know when I see movies filmed in TH usually like vietnam war movies, year of the dragon, american gangster to name a few I just wish I could have gone there during then so bad lol or even like 1995 or some sh!t when I was prob still sh!tting my pants
    I don't know kid. You're getting way more casual sex at a much younger age according to the statistics....

Cadet Gold
    Small compensation when trying to sort your first house and the goal posts seem to keep moving im with supmate you had it easier minus the Vietnam war natrually

You are suffering from the Golden Age Syndrome...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Poseidon you go and blow loads of money on exotic holidays then moan about saving for your first house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zablive and Stillearly like this.

Cadet Gold
    The deposit is only the first part of the problem the bastards are now saying how much you spend on clothes going out and holidays are mandatory expenses, as well as needing a deposit the size of what you lot actually paid for your homes back in the day to say by the time I get the deposit value would have gone up so much it will be worthless probably. And it wasn't loads it was a fair amount but not loads will be replaced In a few months with lots of overtime
    Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by KRIS-ONE View Post
    Poseidon you go and blow loads of money on exotic holidays then moan about saving for your first house.

It is all a balance of what you value most. An exotic holiday doesn't really need to cost that much depending on what you want to do. Of course, the cost goes WAY up if you include a non working spouse into the equasion. My ex said she should be entitled to a two week holiday of her choice because I just had a two week camping trip. The only difference was her holiday to a resort some place warm cost us $10,000, and my camping trip cost $300. And, I could write off my trip as a business expense for tax purposes because I was a travel writer.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post
    The deposit is only the first part of the problem the bastards are now saying how much you spend on clothes going out and holidays are mandatory expenses, as well as needing a deposit the size of what you lot actually paid for your homes back in the day to say by the time I get the deposit value would have gone up so much it will be worthless probably. And it wasn't loads it was a fair amount but not loads will be replaced In a few months with lots of overtime
    Hey young gun, let an old timer give you some tips.

I was young once, got married at 18 with a kid on the way, bought the 1st house one year later.

Yes price was what you now need for a deposit, $19,500 but you have to remember my wage was $90 pw. so it is all relevant.

The thing I find with young ones, is they don't know, understand, how finance works.

Yes the deposit is important but there are so many other things that dictate what you can borrow.

I think you just bought a new car?? well that loan for 4 yrs has cut you out of buying a property.

Your maybe paying $600 pmth on it, that reduces your borrowing capacity by $80-100k.

If you have credit cards or shop cards, it doesn't matter if you owe nothing, they work on the maxed out figure so say you have 2 credit cards worth max limit of 20k again they say $600??? PM and so there goes another $80-100k off the loan amount.

Get rid of all debt, pay down on your car loan, cancel your cards, you can get them back again after you get into a place and the interest is less if your a home owner.

It is a simple calculation, the lending law allows for you to have total repayments of 33% of your gross income. So 1/3rd for debts, 1/3rd for tax and 1/3rd for living on.

So look at the debt side...1/3rd of your wages but if you have loans and leases, credit cards etc then those repayments come off first and what is left is how much you can borrow for a home.
    It doesn't matter if you only have 6 months left to pay on the car it reduces what you can borrow for 30 yrs on a mortgage.

For a long time I have said there needs to be an education of kids in the last years of school so they realize what effects their credit ability,many have a default from a phone company and have no chance of credit at all.
    Zablive, matto and Ian Forbes like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Excellent advice, JC. And especially this quote
    For a long time I have said there needs to be an education of kids in the last years of school so they realize what effects their credit ability,many have a default from a phone company and have no chance of credit at all.
    I learned most eveything the hardway. One thing that saved me a whole lot of money was paying off my mortgage as quickly as possible, and making weekly payments instead of monthly payments. By making weekly payments instead of monthly payments I knocked 10 years off my original 20 year mortgage without paying an extra dime. It all comes down to how interest is calculated.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Yes Ian, I was lucky that my Dad was chairman of the board and GM of a building society so I had a good education at home on these things.

The number of times I have had a young couple pull up in a new Holden Clubsport, $70k car and then get angry that I can't help them get into a house, I would say is in the 100's.

When I sit them down and explain how it works they always say ....well if I knew that i wouldn't have bought it...
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Yes Ian, I was lucky that my Dad was chairman of the board and GM of a building society so I had a good education at home on these things.

The number of times I have had a young couple pull up in a new Holden Clubsport, $70k car and then get angry that I can't help them get into a house, I would say is in the 100's.

When I sit them down and explain how it works they always say ....well if I knew that i wouldn't have bought it...
    That is why I paid off both my son and my daughter's student loans. I also used my line of credit so my son could purchase a home. We both knew he could make payments, but he just couldn't qualify for a mortgage. Except for a few glitches, it has worked out okay. His only problem is covering for a part time working wife who earns less than a Walmart worker, despite her university degree. I don't have any debts and can live on very little.

It is still the same old story though. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. There are always those like my first wife who never learned or cared about the concept of finances. There are always those who want instant pleasure rather than waiting a bit. Some never learn, but waste money on lottery tickets and hope to win big.

Interesting.....

I think it is a bit wordy for students. It also doesn't use basic language to explain the way credit works.....but at least it is trying.

I would like to see lecture's in the school hall to the year 10,11 and 12 students. Keep it basic, let them ask questions etc.

Make them aware of the consequences of credit, how it can be a good thing or a bad thing.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Don't cancel your cards! You need a credit history... Use one (you don't need multiple ones) and pay off on time every month. No credit history is as bad a bad credit history.

Quarky and poseidon like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast