Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why is it so?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

Why is it so?

If you were asked to explain why so many new male visitors to Thailand fall prey to the wrong girl what would you say?

Why is it so many soon find themselves “in love” and sending money to a virtual stranger in a foreign county?

The consistency with which these doomed “romances” continue to occur – despite all the warnings – is remarkable in itself.

How would you explain WHY so many first timers make the same mistake?

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    For the first timer in a place like Patong, It is like a pure fantasy beyond belief compared to their lives back home... These girls are masters at getting the game going, they can spot a single farang a mile off... they spot him then lure him into the bar, knowing full well that he will be gone in under a week... In that time he is made to feel special, special enough to want to not only buy this girl drinks but come back every night and buy her one... she then works on getting the emails,skype and msn addresses off him to take the game to the next level... its a well practiced thing...

why is it so..
    Its the glass and a half of full cream dairy milk!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    For the first timer in a place like Patong, It is like a pure fantasy beyond belief compared to their lives back home... These girls are masters at getting the game going, they can spot a single farang a mile off... they spot him then lure him into the bar, knowing full well that he will be gone in under a week... In that time he is made to feel special, special enough to want to not only buy this girl drinks but come back every night and buy her one... she then works on getting the emails,skype and msn addresses off him to take the game to the next level... its a well practiced thing...

why is it so..
    Its the glass and a half of full cream dairy milk!!
    When does a BG have time for MSN, Skype ? Work, LT, eat, Sleeeeeeeeeep, does not leave much time
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

I wonder if it's the guys that don't have much success in the West that fall the hardest?

The guys who may never have had an attractive girl doting on them... then suddenly "pow!" they feel like Brad Pitt.... whereas guys who have been through a number of girls back home including physically attractive ones, intelligent ones, ones that dote all over you... etc... don't fall for the fantasy... cause they have seen it all before.

Patient guys who don't jump straight in-love with the first girl they meet that shows them any attention, probably have a better success rate... they may fall for one later along the evolutionary process... but have more chance of success if they are experienced in the ways of women in general...

Or maybe I am completely wrong...555

Rock & Roll

My eye-opener

As I sat one day in an airport waiting for a flight, I overheard a conversation between a Thai gal and her 'boyfriend of the day/week/month' (whatever), that were sitting nearby.

He was apparently leaving after his holiday, and she had accompanied him to the airport to see him off. The conversation was one that I had heard a hundred times in the past, from a hundred girls, to a hundred different guys! It was like she was reading a scene, word for word, from some kind of 'national script'!

I could have closed my eyes and inserted any and every girl I had ever met in Thailand in her place, and any and every guy (myself included 555) in his place. She repeated the same lines we've all heard a million times before, in the same broken Th'inglish we've all heard a million times. Even the voice sounded the same as any/every Thai girl we've heard a million times!

It was a bit of an awakening for me, as I finally realized what I had always suspected. These gals will say anything and everything you want to hear. And it's only our own weaknesses that allow them to get to us the way they do.

I sat there laughing to myself, and picturing this girl on the phone, five minutes after he boarded his flight, lining up her next victim! 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Rock & Roll View Post
    As I sat one day in an airport waiting for a flight, I overheard a conversation between a Thai gal and her 'boyfriend of the day/week/month' (whatever), that were sitting nearby.

He was apparently leaving after his holiday, and she had accompanied him to the airport to see him off. The conversation was one that I had heard a hundred times in the past, from a hundred girls, to a hundred different guys! It was like she was reading a scene, word for word, from some kind of 'national script'!

I could have closed my eyes and inserted any and every girl I had ever met in Thailand in her place, and any and every guy (myself included 555) in his place. She repeated the same lines we've all heard a million times before, in the same broken Th'inglish we've all heard a million times. Even the voice sounded the same as any/every Thai girl we've heard a million times!

It was a bit of an awakening for me, as I finally realized what I had always suspected. These gals will say anything and everything you want to hear. And it's only our own weaknesses that allow them to get to us the way they do.

I sat there laughing to myself, and picturing this girl on the phone, five minutes after he boarded his flight, lining up her next victim! 5555
    So what did she say?

Mrs M.

sigh...I kept reading and were hoping that ...when you will tell what they say "the girl" you tell me nothing....

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I wonder if it's the guys that don't have much success in the West that fall the hardest?

The guys who may never have had an attractive girl doting on them... then suddenly "pow!" they feel like Brad Pitt.... whereas guys who have been through a number of girls back home including physically attractive ones, intelligent ones, ones that dote all over you... etc... don't fall for the fantasy... cause they have seen it all before.

Patient guys who don't jump straight in-love with the first girl they meet that shows them any attention, probably have a better success rate... they may fall for one later along the evolutionary process... but have more chance of success if they are experienced in the ways of women in general...

I don't think so....I mean I don't think you are wrong !

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^Some yes but some not maybe the ones that take time are the ones that will have the good relationship.
    Simple fact though if you can not maintain a relationship in the west ...what chances with a girl from LOS.

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    ^Some yes but some not maybe the ones that take time are the ones that will have the good relationship.
    Simple fact though if you can not maintain a relationship in the west ...what chances with a girl from LOS.
    Even we are good friends Wabbits but I would have to say no on this one.

I don't think it is that hard to maintain relationship with TG, we are not that complicate ^_^ but you are right about the ones that take times are the ones that will have good serious relationship.

Say hi to J from us. plsss

Mrs M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    When does a BG have time for MSN, Skype ? Work, LT, eat, Sleeeeeeeeeep, does not leave much time
    We would never know....>_<

Rock & Roll
    So what did she say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    sigh...I kept reading and were hoping that ...when you will tell what they say "the girl" you tell me nothing....
    555 Sorry, didn't mean to leave y'all hanging in suspense.

I thought is was kind of obvious, as I said, it was the usual rap we've all heard before:

"I mitt you too mutt!"
    "I wait you long time!"
    "I not work bar, I wait yooo!"
    "Yes dahling, I call you. You call me, nah?"

That sort of thing.

I thought is was kind of obvious, as I said, it was the usual rap we've all heard before:

"I mitt you too mutt!"
    "I wait you long time!"

That sort of thing.
    None ever said that to me... what did I do wrong? 555

More like... "Yes, Gate 5... now go... hurry up..."

Mrs M.

"I mitt you too mutt!"
    "I wait you long time!"

That sort of thing.
    555 thanks for getting back to us ^__^, I could guess haha, but never be sure what would they say, I never go LT with them.

There was one night Mr M. found a video on Youtube. A BG, she was with a customer and then one of her sponsor call from oversea. I remember the guy name, he was Jimmy! he asked where are you, the girl said I am with a gf, but Jimmy did not want to believe her.

She talked to him with the most convincing voice. Jimmyyy I not lie, believe me Jimmy, please. blah blah...but customer (I am not sure that he was a customer, or a Farang that live long term in TH) He did not say anything to make trouble for her, just sitting there and laughing (wait til your turn). this man seem to know a bit of Thai, he whisper in Thai that ...ตอแหล , We should never use this word, it mean something like "bitxx" or something like "you liar bitxx" in English. But in Thai is sound worse 55. And you guys don't use it, mai dee maak...khao mai mai ka? This is just a example.

She got Jimmy to believe her again at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs M. View Post
    555 thanks for getting back to us ^__^, I could guess haha, but never be sure what would they say, I never go LT with them.

There was one night Mr M. found a video on Youtube. A BG, she was with a customer and then one of her sponsor call from oversea. I remember the guy name, he was Jimmy! he asked where are you, the girl said I am with a gf, but Jimmy did not want to believe her.

She talked to him with the most convincing voice. Jimmyyy I not lie, believe me Jimmy, please. blah blah...but customer (I am not sure that he was a customer, or a Farang that live long term in TH) He did not say anything to make trouble for her, just sitting there and laughing (wait til your turn). this man seem to know a bit of Thai, he whisper in Thai that ...ตอแหล , We should never use this word, it mean something like "bitxx" or something like "you liar bitxx" in English. But in Thai is sound worse 55. And you guys don't use it, mai dee maak...khao mai mai ka? This is just a example.

She got Jimmy to believe her again at the end.
    A video paints a thousand words.... 555

I think you are half-right.

Middle aged burnouts with the chronically low self-esteem that goes with a failed marriage, a costly divorce or a career meltdown – are sure to be easy targets.

The guy who “can’t get a woman in his own country” might actually be more BG resistant than the burn-outs. He tends to be self-centred. We have all seen examples of these guys in the bars and seen how they treat the girls.

Now the rub -look around the bars and you will see more variety than these two stereotypes there. There are numerous better looking, younger versions of you keeping company with the BGs – and the same rules apply in LOS – the farang with the number one ago-go showgirl on his arm still looks like the captain of the football team.

I think there are plenty of guys who “could get a woman” in their own country who simply choose not to. Of course, maybe these are the ones who don’t tend to end up making payments on a sick water buffalo.

Enjoy

^^^See... you knew the answer all the time Minder... 555

If I brought half a dozen of my mates with me to Thailand I am pretty sure I could predict which ones would fall hardest and be "ripe for the picking".... 555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    If I brought half a dozen of my mates with me to Thailand I am pretty sure I could predict which ones would fall hardest and be "ripe for the picking".... 555
    I feel exactly the same, one of my mates leaves the stripers telling me that he is going to go back and get the dancers number and take her out as she sooo wanted him 5555.

Just to add the the original topic, I believe that confidence is a biggy. Most girls can see the confidence in a guy and if there is no or little confidence they then become a target also. there are always those types who fall in love wth everygirl they have ever been with and they are also very easy to pick. I would have to agree with some of the other things said, like the older, recently divorce males who have not been in the game forget how it all works are also targets.

I think there is no wrong or right with this, as if you are always thinking the girl is going to screw you over then you will not find a girl, If you always presume the girl is telling the truth then they wil walk all over you. No easy answer to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I feel exactly the same, one of my mates leaves the stripers telling me that he is going to go back and get the dancers number and take her out as she sooo wanted him 5555.

Just to add the the original topic, I believe that confidence is a biggy. Most girls can see the confidence in a guy and if there is no or little confidence they then become a target also. there are always those types who fall in love wth everygirl they have ever been with and they are also very easy to pick. I would have to agree with some of the other things said, like the older, recently divorce males who have not been in the game forget how it all works are also targets.

I think there is no wrong or right with this, as if you are always thinking the girl is going to screw you over then you will not find a girl, If you always presume the girl is telling the truth then they wil walk all over you. No easy answer to this question.
    I think a few of my 40 year old virgin mates will fall hardest... 555. OK... not complete virgins but the way they behave with women you'd think they were! I can just imagine them in Thailand... either anaphylactic shock when a girl puts their arm around them... or busy phoning their bank to set up a monthly direct debit to her account... 555. And as Minder has said... plenty of born again virgins who are recently divorced...

And I can't help but feel that I see a lot of 40yr old virgin equivalents in the bars of LOS... hell some of them have even written on various forums about it...
    Last edited by Quarky; 27th March 2011 at 06:15.

^^^See... you knew the answer all the time Minder... 555

You know, a mate of mine ( a guy I went to High School with) headed to Thailand for the first time about 4 months ago.

He was a classic burn out case - a train wreck already - failed marriage, failed career due to some injury, moved back to the hometown - the type of guy who was prone to filling your inbox with ranting emails about Government decisions as diverse as local irrigation issues thru to Federal Military contracts.

Sure enough - he came back to Oz telling how he had met someone there - a special girl who worked at a bar near where another old friend lives on Phuket.

Here we go I thought - as he emailed me for advice - I tried to warn him again of the dangers of a long distance romance with a BG - I listed the "red flags" he should watch for and hinted loudly BE CAREFUL. By mid-January he was asking me if Private Dancer was accurate and I started to suspect the worst.

About a month ago I notice he's gone quiet - no emails, no updates - I figure its probably ended and that's a pity because she sure was making him happy - I inquired and got this reply

(Names and locations altered, mostly)

G'day Mate - Quick Update,

We speak every night on the phone and then on Sundays I go up to Tom's (a friend with a Thai wife) to be spoilt rotten by Nan and her Thai cooking while she translates for us, any news or confusion from the week. Attached find some photos of some of the local Thai's, I call them the ISAN Mafia.....

I took the ISAN Mafia to Melbourne airport and sent them off to Bangkok. I sent Lek some money and she got the train and met them in Bangkok and the girls had a ball. Trust me Nan would not be speaking with Lek if she was not the real deal!!! Tom keeps saying how I come I hit the jackpot first time!

If I wasn't still being fcuked over by Doctors and the TAC (motor accident insurance) I would have been on the plane with them.

I have a very happy girlfriend in Thailand, poor as buggery but honest and happy. She told me last night that she was selling a gold ring to make the payment on her motorbike. She is Ok with that, so am I, I am paying a car rego and saving to go back to Thailand. I would like to help her as she will have it paid off by June but I can't "such is life".

Thanks to Ronnie (our mutual old school friend who lives in Phuket) I now have an active social life in town and have become part of the local Thai family. Prior to this I did not go out, spent my time waiting for my daughter's, my old network of friends have had 23 years to get used to the fact that I was not in town and have their own lives now and I am often feeling left out by them.

Any attempts at social connections via RSVP, Rubbish! Every woman with enough baggage and bitterness to fill a semi. Yep get sex but pay for it! Never again, they are a waste of time.

It may not work out between me and Lek but so far all is good and she has always been true to her word. The Isan Mafia here are very sceptical and can be quite cruel and ruthless to their own kind, but so far Lek has passed their inspections.

Makes me a bit nervous about going back to Thailand to meet her relatives. How many customs will I break and how many people will I offend?

How's Mrs M.... Brain fading I turned 51 yesterday so forgive your wife's name is on the tip of my tongue

Cheers ...Marc

IMHO meeting this girl has turned my mate's life around, the improvement in his mental focus, his social life and his personal confidence are clear for all to see.

...and all because he went to Thailand and made the mistake of falling for a BG - go figure.

Enjoy
    contrarian likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast