Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bangla Road Nightlife

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Bangla Road Nightlife

Went into Rock Hard tonight and it looked like a clone of SW with a$$ smacking etc. Has Geoffrey bought this place too?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ you've never been on the end of a long Geoffery moan and groan diatribe about how everyone (in the local gogos) copies him then....555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Just come back from Phuket, seems a big change and the places that are doing live music seem to be getting the good crowds.

Heroes Bar (opposite the Smiley Bar) were packed most nights I was there, Smiley Bar have just a band Thursday/Friday & Saturday and they were pretty good and spent quite a few nights drinking in there, New York Live Music Bar (further up from Heroes on the same side of the road) was the best and the band that played early in there was excellent. The old bar at the top of Bangla Rd (now called hot lips I think) still has a band, but not as good as it used to be.

Walk past Rock City one night and although not a lover of heavy rock music went in for a listen and the band there were very good. The bars that had no live music seemed to not have such big crowds as the ones that did. Taipan is still going strong with good crowds in there most nights.

Away from Bangla Rd, most of the big hotels on the beach also had live bands playing in the outside eating areas.

Nice newly redone bar (since I was last in HKT 2 years ago) on the beach called Bikini Beach Bar.
    Is a nice place to sit and have a cool beer on the beach. Play some good music and busy most days I was there. Did not eat there but the food I saw come out looked pretty good

Overall I think there is a lot of bars doing it hard, was always the same ones that seemed to be busy and no sign of early closing. Where I was it was around 4.00am and still some going after that.

Also at Sunset Plaza they have redone the old Bar Area just past Blue Coral/Dolphin Bar and has a load of new looking bars and plenty of new places to eat there as well. Again though, seemed pretty quiet there.

Overall had a great time and really enjoyed myself
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ you've never been on the end of a long Geoffery moan and groan diatribe about how everyone (in the local gogos) copies him then....555
    5555..Yes he did used to moan a bit.
    They've got some kind of 1/10 free drink gimmick which includes all of his bars on seadragon and also Rock Hard.
    So I thought he might be further expanding his empire. Same decor, uniforms, SM theme.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ he may well have taken over RH Khun Changone...I haven't spoken to him for about 6 months and its been years since I was in that club

Smiley or Needholiday would be the men on the ground to clear that one up

Yeah his empire keeps growing 555. He's had Rock Hard a fair while now, so that makes: SW1, SW2, Exotica, Candy Club, Rock Hard, and then Intro (beneath Rock Hard behind the bars on that end). I find Rock Hard can be fairly quiet at times though, and there used to be only 6-7 girls working recently, but right now there's easily 10-15, a few of them really hot too. If it had more foot traffic it'd feel more like a party atmosphere (the way SW1 feels), but as it is it can feel awkward when there's hardly any customers.

I actually like the buy 10 (card gets stamped) get 1 free (though it doesn't apply to Lady Drinks). Sure it's not an *amazing* deal, but it's still *something*!
    quiksilva likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Rock Hard used to be such fun of an arvo....... *sigh*
    NeedHoliday likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Last edited by chelski; 2nd April 2015 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Rock Hard used to be such fun of an arvo....... *sigh*
    Agreed, something to pass a few hours in the afternoon after waking up at mid-day

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Yeah his empire keeps growing 555. He's had Rock Hard a fair while now, so that makes: SW1, SW2, Exotica, Candy Club, Rock Hard, and then Intro (beneath Rock Hard behind the bars on that end). I find Rock Hard can be fairly quiet at times though, and there used to be only 6-7 girls working recently, but right now there's easily 10-15, a few of them really hot too. If it had more foot traffic it'd feel more like a party atmosphere (the way SW1 feels), but as it is it can feel awkward when there's hardly any customers.

I actually like the buy 10 (card gets stamped) get 1 free (though it doesn't apply to Lady Drinks). Sure it's not an *amazing* deal, but it's still *something*!
    he must be into some really big numbers now....as you say the empire keeps growing

Just an update from the "Prawn thread",
    Went to SW again tonight and saw the nutso lady again (Standing up) and realized that S he is quite tall.
    Penny dropping sound....

Went into Diablo too and I have to say they are very fair with the drinks having been offered shots after ordering the first drinks again and every other time I have been in there. Dozens of ladies in there with nothing else to do......

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Just an update from the "Prawn thread",
    Went to SW again tonight and saw the nutso lady again (Standing up) and realized that S he is quite tall.
    Penny dropping sound....
    Wait what? In SW?? I can think of one girl that is fairly tall (has like 5" heels) and toned that *may* make me think twice, but I doubt there's any ladyboys in there given the amount of nakedness I've seen

Was in there last night too, lovely wet t-shirt show

Mmmm...didn't really get close enough to tell, the unlucky punter might have tho...555 Only ever takes top off that I saw whereas her friend at the time went fully buffo.
    There was a bigger than usual girl in the show too.
    SW future is assured as many Chinese tourists now getting involved.
    Saw some bring in their mum and dad, they sat right up close and even mum had to have a feel of the merch...they were having a lot of fun.

Last edited by Changone; 6th April 2015 at 21:28.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    geoffery prides himself on not having LB's working for him..or at least use to.

there was questionable one at SW1 some years ago and he assured she me was a ridgy didge lady!
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    There was one in Exotica a few years back.
    Head was touching the roof with high heels on.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    C1 are you doing a trip report?

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    C1 are you doing a trip report?
    No SS..I'm pretty much retired.
    I will just post anything current I see on my way around the traps
    Couldn't keep up with you and Tmtbound these days...555

Rock City is going well with Dazza and Pnoy getting ready for bike week and tuning up all the ACDC favorites. There were reps there from both Heroes MC and Rebels MC Thailand last night. They also have a band called Bangkok Superstars with a girl singer who does a pretty good Ronnie Dio among other things.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Rock City is going well with Dazza and Pnoy getting ready for bike week and tuning up all the ACDC favorites. There were reps there from both Heroes MC and Rebels MC Thailand last night. They also have a band called Bangkok Superstars with a girl singer who does a pretty good Ronnie Dio among other things.
    Is Ronnie Dio a sexual position?
    Quarky and PGC like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast