The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: patong changes

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    No , in all seriuosness , I feel the bars have become their own worst enemy.

When drink prices were lower , and the baht was lower , the bar bosses put some restraints on the staff ... they listened to complaints from customers and made some commands regarding letting their customers drink in peace or risk losing those drinkers ... now today with so many less customers , a soft boss goes under , and a generous customer can be almost mobbed if he shows a bit of good heart. ( as appears to be happening to you .)
    So the customer eventually gets hardened enough to just do as only the cheap charlies once did , and turn up late , buy 1 lady drink and pay her bar.
    ( And on Bangla , if that is deemed too early , by HER or the Bar , then the punter gets nowhere anyway .)

Its a downward spiral , originally instigated IMO , by madly increasing rents.
    So Higher Rents = More demand on sales girls to deliver higher quotas = more pushy and liberty taking staff = less client focus and more scams = less happy customers = less customers .

But many of the BMs here witnessed in their day the other major factor - the growth of the Nightclub.

Then the advent of the Nightclub that gave the girls a free drink ( or 2 ) !

Quite rapidly the tidy bg picked up on the idea of only going to "work" at midnight , and not having to face the pecking order of the bar , nor the job of having to do anything other than look good and available. No more having to turn up at 9pm or having the clean the bar roster once a week.
    And her favourites like the idea of no bar fine .
    Hell , plenty of punters never could reconcile with 'renting' a girl anyway , and this appeared more like the club scene back home , PLUS they saved the bar fine!

Things will never be the same , and Im sure many will nod in agreement that its a bit of a shame ...
    Those rollicking days of Soi after Soi of good times with hundreds of bars of the early 2000's has passed .
    Never to return.
    Soi Lion , where dozens of girls danced on the bar and grinded the top of your head ( and where I met "Red Boots" , Buddha love her ) , Sois Sea Dragon and Eric , swarming with bgs , Crazy Soi Katoey , cool and luxurious a/ced Soi Easy , flashing Soi Gonzo...
    All gone ..
    Soi Bin Tan for a cheapy , where the tgs were grateful if you merely bought a beer , any beer ( 555 ) , and afternoon fun on Soi Sea Pearl ..
    Sigh.

Sure you could drop some serious money on Bangla , but by and large you could also have a magnificent night only having bought 3 , 4 or 5 LD's.

Having said all that , and its much lower key , but you can still really engage with bar staff , any of them , out in the 'burbs like Nai Harn , Rawai or Kamala , at much much lower expense and with a lot lower pressure...
    And learn to say " NO - what for? "
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Anyone using the dating apps in Patong? That's another upgrade for the bg. Run her own show. About 5 years back with the annual Oli gang of Terje, Bello, Mustang, me. We were all drinking it up in a Pattaya bar before hitting the GoGos. When we were ready to wander Oli starts saying his goodbyes to everyone. It was only 10pm! Turns out he had a prearranged date with a girl on Badoo. And he was finished with his mates for the evening.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Anyone using the dating apps in Patong? That's another upgrade for the bg. Run her own show. About 5 years back with the annual Oli gang of Terje, Bello, Mustang, me. We were all drinking it up in a Pattaya bar before hitting the GoGos. When we were ready to wander Oli starts saying his goodbyes to everyone. It was only 10pm! Turns out he had a prearranged date with a girl on Badoo. And he was finished with his mates for the evening.
    not Patong , but just seen this on another forum

Pattaya – ShoeThai.com

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Shots I refused to buy after a few visits as well Stillearly.
    A civil drink was ok , I even liked them asking if it was ok to just have a juice but charge an LD , fine by me - demarked a smart lady over others - but after a time many a drink was just left next to you , as the bg tried to mingle and keep up with the demands of growing quotas ( or just preferred another bloke ) . Particularly as bg numbers dwindled as the Clubs thrived..

In all honesty , I like that there are far more options for a tg today than there was back then.
    What Ive always appreciated is how good they were at their work , and how much sanuk ( fun ) they put into it all .
    You must recall how every bar on Soi Eric had a little podium , and how every one of them had a happy tg dancing it up!
    But that's why I almost always hooked up with girls at the discos
    As you said it was more like meeting a girl at home and it is none of the "buy me a drink crap

You find a girl or a group of girls that are already having fun and you join in
    It just never felt like the hustle beer bars did

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    As you said it was more like meeting a girl at home and it is none of the "buy me a drink crap

Well , least of all to your pocket.

Until you bought the bottle ...555

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    So he lasted drinking with his buddies for more than 2 hours ???

So he lasted drinking with his buddies for more than 2 hours ???
    When I first met him we were always the last remaining of our group into the wee hours..

yep. A good bloke to go out on the town with...

Never bfs the first girl who invites him into a Go Go in Nana as I recall...555

yep. A good bloke to go out on the town with...

Never bfs the first girl who invites him into a Go Go in Nana as I recall...555
    555 I had a feeling you would go there. But I didn't leave you. We all went to Angelwitch for more than a few rounds. Then late night dinner for an hour. So stop acting like some jilted exlover.!....

I rarely pick up girls in a nightclub... unless a girl can hear me I am not much of a catch... 55

Bars work much better for me back home... and I guess that's why I prefer them in LOS as well... I am less into dance... and more into the art of discussion... I say random words like quantum, Hadron Collider or higgs-boson.... and then if I get a blank stare I know it's time to move on... 55
    Last edited by Distantpeak; 12th November 2017 at 04:30.
    Hatari likes this.
    Singularity prediction... 2043...

Sorry luv... 555

Its just that our time together was so precious to me ...

Actually the tg with you was a bit of a laugh at the Lebo restaurant in little Arabia . Pity that those nice Moslems wouldnt let me open my Aussie wine ... ( is that racism or just a house rule ?)

Had a laugh with you being all magnanimous and slapping down 100 baht to pay the bin at Spankys btw !!
    ( I believe it was 'Billboard' the next night we had a thoroughly good time while awaiting Paulies arrival.... this was by far the best A Go Go in my opinion )

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I rarely pick up girls in a nightclub... unless a girl can hear me I am not much of a catch... 55

Bars work much better for me back home... and I guess that's why I prefer them in LOS as well... I am less into dance... and more into the art of discussion... I say random words like quantum, Hadron Collider or higgs-boson.... and then if I get a blank stare I know it's time to move on... 55
    Braxton Hicks.

Sound like a barrel of laughs......

What's a nice carbon based life form like you doing in a place like this? 555
    Distantpeak likes this.

Sound like a barrel of laughs......
    Hey.. you saw me on a good day... 55

Braxton Hicks.
    To labour the point... I have to be incredibly drunk to pick a girl up in a nightclub... to the point I don't care how smart she is... or even what sex she is... 55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    iirc It was part of the rules of the Soi , every bar had to have a girl dancing on the podium between certain hours , quite funny if the proper dancer needed the toilet and got a passing service girl to stand in for her
    yeah,it was and usually they were bored as sh!t until they put on some Isaan music. the girls were right into it then.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Looking forward to your Sunday in Hong Kong rant. 555 The domestic helpers on their day off in cahoots with the bars.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Looking forward to your Sunday in Hong Kong rant. 555 The domestic helpers on their day off in cahoots with the bars.
    I've done it before

I loved the scene for it's bizarreness but Filipinas......well at least the ones that make it overseas never appeal to me

Just wild a full on disco at 1pm on a Sunday 5555

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910