The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: patong changes

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    Cool thanks marc for the suggestions yep I was there a long time ago I personally would have gone somewhere else but going with a big bunch of good people so a lot to keep me occupied I dont think we will be hitting all the high spots like Go Go's & beer bars most are coming with their families but who knows. Also we have to account for travel time and ease of getting somewhere so from Perth Bali is the go to place then Phuket and Ao Nang not sure if Bangkok is even on the radar for a future trip who knows.
    If my friends weren't lame I'd go anywhere just to have fun with them all

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    New Otop bars
    A few already moved in with the existing to go around new years.
    The rumour is that the entire OTop sight will be turned into a resort and shopping mall ...just what is sorely needed ..555

But Im suspicious.... You can bet there will be a long winded spiel about grabbing a site now and signing up for 9 years and all sorts of key money .... and then a long delay till the closure of the old bars ... or even a 'change of plan'.

Most of us recall how 10 years ago the rumour and news was , "Bangla will be a tourist food and shopping precinct and all bars will be moved to the newly built facilities near Baanzhan Markets within 3 years ."

YEH TOTAL BULLS%IT !

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    ^ There's what, 30 of them? Way too many. Most will be empty or struggling as usual.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    ^ There's what, 30 of them? Way too many. Most will be empty or struggling as usual.
    All the old bars will be knocked down and the tenants will be moving to these bars.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Not the case for a handful that have some time to run on leases. No Bull and Emu Bar down one row are staying for some time.

But anything could happen

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Not the case for a handful that have some time to run on leases. No Bull and Emu Bar down one row are staying for some time.

But anything could happen
    Ok I don't know shit about otop bar's as I have never been drinking in them I got the info yesterday by the manager of Frankensteins Laboratory that all the old bar's will be knocked down.

Sent fra min GT-N7000 via Tapatalk

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I'm thinking of starting an unsubstantiated rumor about Bangla on here. You guys in? 55555
    Chob, Ian Forbes and Bacon like this.
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Can't hurt 😁

Cadet silver
    Haven't been on the beach at Patong for quite a few years - is that awful concrete submarine still there?

(not my picture)
    Stillearly likes this.

Jesus Christ !

It was removed about 20 years ago ! 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I'm thinking of starting an unsubstantiated rumor about Bangla on here. You guys in? 55555
    Post it on Facebook and Twiter first to give it some credibility. 555

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    What's the rumour? p4p?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Jesus Christ !

It was removed about 20 years ago ! 555
    me too chob their all wankers asking inane questions mostly aussies

Quote Originally Posted by anmeno View Post
    Ok I don't know shit about otop bar's as I have never been drinking in them I got the info yesterday by the manager of Frankensteins Laboratory that all the old bar's will be knocked down.

Sent fra min GT-N7000 via Tapatalk
    Did he predict his own demise within 6 weeks Andy?

Frankensteins closed 2 weeks back apparently ..

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Did he predict his own demise within 6 weeks Andy?

Frankensteins closed 2 weeks back apparently ..
    Nope, look like he started to work at Bar Funk again today.

Frankenstein's location was shite so I'm not surprise that they had to close, someone lost a big chunk of money there....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    A thought popped into my head today. Did the guys who were coming to Los in the 80s give out about all the changes that came in the 90s and early 00s. It is human nature to always look back with rose tinted glasses about the past and the fact that it was always better. You could imagine cavemen going on about when they were young Wooly mammoths were proper mammoths and not the puny 3 tonners that the new cavemen Jill. Probably one of the reasons that the hard of eden is depicted as paradise. 555

But what I wanted to know is is still amazing for new guys to come to paying who were never their before. Will they be regaling people in 10 years in a patong mega bar about how illusion was so much better in 2019 than it is in 2029 or will it all be gone?

PGC
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    A thought popped into my head today. Did the guys who were coming to Los in the 80s give out about all the changes that came in the 90s and early 00s. It is human nature to always look back with rose tinted glasses about the past and the fact that it was always better. You could imagine cavemen going on about when they were young Wooly mammoths were proper mammoths and not the puny 3 tonners that the new cavemen Jill. Probably one of the reasons that the hard of eden is depicted as paradise. 555

But what I wanted to know is is still amazing for new guys to come to paying who were never their before. Will they be regaling people in 10 years in a patong mega bar about how illusion was so much better in 2019 than it is in 2029 or will it all be gone?
    For me, Patong has improved. Bars are better. There are more of them. More live music. Sure it's more expensive, but that's mainly due to a falling currency. I have a great time whenever I go, and I find new places to go to everytime I go.

There is safety and a warmth with familiarity, and changes can ruin it. But there are loads of new things to try, with enough of the old favourites like Suzy Wongs to keep most people happy.

Travel with a newbie and you will soon see that Patong still holds a spell over people.
    Gazmac likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    For me, Patong has improved. Bars are better. There are more of them. More live music. Sure it's more expensive, but that's mainly due to a falling currency. I have a great time whenever I go, and I find new places to go to everytime I go.

There is safety and a warmth with familiarity, and changes can ruin it. But there are loads of new things to try, with enough of the old favourites like Suzy Wongs to keep most people happy.

Travel with a newbie and you will soon see that Patong still holds a spell over people.
    I agree 100% with this

With one major exception
    It is so much more congested and to me that is a major negative vs in the past

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post

I find it different. Not better or worse. I love the people both thai and some of the interesting tourists. But I definitely don’t have the same want to return as I often as I used to. But I find that about Thailand as a whole and not Phuket in particular. I am planning a return to Colombia. Haven’t been since my 20s and I’m fcuking excited. Saying that I hope to return to Los in June.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I agree 100% with this

With one major exception
    It is so much more congested and to me that is a major negative vs in the past

I'd go along with this too. I only started coming to Patong in 2012 and my 1st trip to Thailand was a few years before that. Looking back I liked the fact that there were more bars in the new tiger, which made it a fun evening as you could literally spend the entire evening hopping around bars under one roof. Although that scene has taken a big slide since, I still have loads of fun every year. Less in your face bars, still loads of girls but you could argue it's easier to meet girls via tinder and other dating apps.

Definitely noticed a lot more congestion on bangla, but that's expected what with making it more of an all round evening entertainment strip as opposed to predominantly p4p orientated.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast