The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: patong changes

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
    The soi behind the aussie bar has been pulled down for a while now. Over a gear if i remember correctly
    Yeah, closer to 2 years, though they have put in the White Room which opened last april/may...purely aimed at the teen to early 20's crowd

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star KRIS-ONE's Avatar
    Fcuk that's depressing i'm not longer in that bracket.

Cadet
    Yah was people watching at the Aussie Bar last year when they had the girls giving out flyers and free passes for the opening...blonde, big boobs..pure eye candy....I couldn't get a pass apparently, as she said..."look you are pretty hot but my bosses will get the ****s cause your too old"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Yeah, closer to 2 years, though they have put in the White Room which opened last april/may...purely aimed at the teen to early 20's crowd
    So they don't serve alcohol?

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    So they don't serve alcohol?
    Thailand babey... age is just a minor thing...but I was referring to the 18yr and up

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Raids on underage drinkers (under 20 y.o.) can and do lead to bar/nightclub closures.
    Have you not seen the police/army raids doing ID checks and urine sampling?
    It even happens here in the quiet backwater of Kamala.

Cadet
    Actually have never in my 5 years of trips seen any raids...didn't realise there was a drinking age limit for u'20s.
    That would stuff up a **** load of Aussie holidays if it was actually enforced.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Yah was people watching at the Aussie Bar last year when they had the girls giving out flyers and free passes for the opening...blonde, big boobs..pure eye candy....I couldn't get a pass apparently, as she said..."look you are pretty hot but my bosses will get the ****s cause your too old"
    White Room has been in Patong for 4 or 5 years but was knocked down and reopened in much a bigger venue last year around Songkran

It used to be a fun place...the old one...lots of Scandi chicks and pretty decent music...but yeah a reasonably young and very drunk crowd gets in there now..I'm 60yo this year but no one has ever blinked when I have walked in

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^
    Is probably very dark and they did not notice 55555
    bacwaan and Stillearly like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    ^Selective door policy...555
    bacwaan likes this.

Cadet
    yeah...when they re-opened their target clientele was the youngies, but I would dare say the quest for the almighty Baht, and lower than expected customers would
    have tempered their resistance to us older people a bit....though doof doof music aint my scene
    bacwaan likes this.

I drank in a bar on Soi Gonzo, that was about half way from the White Room to the entrance. The state of some of the people leaving The White Room was unbelievable at times. Also fun to watch the bouncers dragging people out to the street after fighting or just plain drunk. Some nights was a regular procession.
    How some of those bouncers kept their tempers after putting up with the sh1t they were being given at times was very commendable.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

How some of those bouncers kept their tempers after putting up with the sh1t they were being given at times was very commendable.

...But then there was that time back in October last year when five bouncers kicked the daylights out of two Australian tourists outside the White Room....

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

...But then there was that time back in October last year when five bouncers kicked the daylights out of two Australian tourists outside the White Room....
    The state of the people coming out of there and some of the abuse (personal & racial) that was being handed out by the people being thown out, I would not blame the bouncers for belting living daylights out of the mouthy twats. They should just have been a bit smarter and done it where the cameras could not see them.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ But they do bring it on themselves with promotions like all you can drink for 1K baht over 2 hours etc etc..it used to be pretty cheap at all times as well..I remember paying 120 baht for a vodka soda when most other joints it was 150 baht last year

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ But they do bring it on themselves with promotions like all you can drink for 1K baht over 2 hours etc etc..it used to be pretty cheap at all times as well..I remember paying 120 baht for a vodka soda when most other joints it was 150 baht last year
    Yes I know that, and that is why all that sort of promotion is now not available anymore and more in Perth.
    My local pub in Perth used to have a chase the ace draw on a friday night, where if your number came out, you had to throw darts at a board and see if the one you hit had the prize behind it. They used to add a carton of beer every week it was not won. The last one I can remember went off and the guy won about 50 cartoons of beer. The place was always packed when it was on. Licencing police got to hear about it and told the pub it would have to stop as it was not promoting reponsible drinking. That is why they have barely any happy hours here.
    So now it is back to a cash draw again.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Raids on underage drinkers (under 20 y.o.) can and do lead to bar/nightclub closures.
    Have you not seen the police/army raids doing ID checks and urine sampling?
    It even happens here in the quiet backwater of Kamala.
    be careful baz ..we dont want you getting caught..we know you dont look your age 5555555555555555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน meese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ..I'm 60yo this year but no one has ever blinked when I have walked in
    they must think you looking for your daughter nels 555555555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    I drank in a bar on Soi Gonzo, that was about half way from the White Room to the entrance. The state of some of the people leaving The White Room was unbelievable at times. Also fun to watch the bouncers dragging people out to the street after fighting or just plain drunk. Some nights was a regular procession.

its the only place I can recall seeing violence in Patong over my many trips ... some young guys came running out , followed by bouncers , and chairs , punches and kicks were thrown ....

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    its the only place I can recall seeing violence in Patong over my many trips ... some young guys came running out , followed by bouncers , and chairs , punches and kicks were thrown ....
    Much the same as what I saw.
    The lady running the bar I was in, said that there was trouble all the time, and if she saw any of the people leaving the White Room heading for her bar, she used to say we are closing now. She said it was not worth the trouble, plus upsetting people already at the bar to even serve them. She would rather not have their business to save her all the trouble that they would have caused.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast