The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Bangkok roof top bars

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Yes true but we are happy to spend that on a lady drink. 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Tingtong, look on it like you go into the city in Perth/Sydney/Melbourne to one of the better bars/eating places and you are probably paying the equivilant to those prices. So perhaps about $7-9 for a bottle of beer and about the same for a reasonable glass of wine. The food and what you spend on it is down to your taste. In the places I have been, that would be an average costing

I find in these type of places, if I feel relaxed, am made to feel welcome and feel comfortable in there, I tend to stay. If not I move on. Plenty of other places to go to.
    If you are on a budget type holiday, then perhaps not the places to make daily visits to, but with us, we normally only have a couple of nights in BKK at any time, so no problem for a vist.

Remember having a 3 night stay in Singapore on our way to Thailand a few years ago, and in those 3 nights, we spent more than we didfor most of our next 10 nights in Thailand. The look on my GF's face after being charged $15 AUD for a small bottle of Carlsburg was one of those priceless Mastercard moments 55555
    Tingtong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Remember having a 3 night stay in Singapore on our way to Thailand a few years ago, and in those 3 nights, we spent more than we didfor most of our next 10 nights in Thailand. The look on my GF's face after being charged $15 AUD for a small bottle of Carlsburg was one of those priceless Mastercard moments 55555
    We stayed at Marina bay sands in Singers in one of the better rooms up at the pool area. I hatted it, my ex loved it. We then went to Patong and stayed at the holiday inn for 12 nights for the same price 555. much better deal IMO

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    I cant remember the last time I went out to an expensive place so Im a bit out of touch with prices. In Thailand Its Beer Bars , and In Oz its Rsl clubs for me . But I would have no problem just having one drink in one of those roof top places just for the vibe and views.....but I wouldn't make a habit of it 555.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Has anyone been to the number two on the top 20 list

Sky Bar Rooftop at Lebua

its close to my hotel so works well,

Not really interested in the food its more of a place to relax taking in the view for a drink or two before heading out. As silly as it may sound to some we don't really like to eat at fancy places much rather plastic chairs, markets and bbq places.

I will go to Above11, I got a feeling I went before a few years back not sure.
    Lebeau is toutist central
    No vibe what so ever.....IMO

To be honest if you are staying over that way you might want to give Thonburi a try to start the night.
    It is my favorite part of Bangkok

And some gorgeous views at sundown and when gets dark when the Palace and Wats light up.

Also, you said you don't fancy food.

You could check out Fang Thon Thapra when on that side
    Thai food in a cool 65yr old house

https://www.google.ca/search?q=fang+...bgUb1eNtYLM%3A

Another good night with the GF is checking out the view from Thonburi side then head to Asiatique
    Its touristy but a good market and they have some great outdoor restaurants with chill live music
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    I cant remember the last time I went out to an expensive place so Im a bit out of touch with prices. In Thailand Its Beer Bars , and In Oz its Rsl clubs for me . But I would have no problem just having one drink in one of those roof top places just for the vibe and views.....but I wouldn't make a habit of it 555.
    Plenty of happy hours around BKK....even on rooftops

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    And some gorgeous views at sundown and when gets dark when the Palace and Wats light up.

Another good night with the GF is checking out the view from Thonburi side then head to Asiatique
    Its touristy but a good market and they have some great outdoor restaurants with chill live music
    Asiatique was actually my first stop when we head out, was planning getting a long tail from the rear of Ibis riverside. Was going to eat then head to one or two of these roof tops before heading to Bar4 to people watch. Will possibly do the roof top bar "eleven" on Soi 11 later in the night after bar 4.

But in saying all that I normally just do what ever happens and don't plan things, just want to do something a bit different than the same old

Asiatique was actually my first stop when we head out, was planning getting a long tail from the rear of Ibis riverside. Was going to eat then head to one or two of these roof tops before heading to Bar4 to people watch. Will possibly do the roof top bar "eleven" on Soi 11 later in the night after bar 4.

But in saying all that I normally just do what ever happens and don't plan things, just want to do something a bit different than the same old
    There is a few good riverside patios on the Thonburi side with great views
    And some are not that expensive or fancy
    I'd do that at sundown then head over to Asiatique after
    Those restaurants by the water at Asiatique seemed to get going later around 8pm with the music

I was with yhe family and young kids so couldn't get into just chilling like it seemed you could
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    I'd imagine the rooftop bars along the river have the best views ? , the Lebua does look very impressive, which is why its a tourist magnet

I went up the Baiyoke Sky tower one morning on my 1st visit to Bangkok, but due to the smog, the views weren't great at all

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynewcastle View Post
    I'd imagine the rooftop bars along the river have the best views ? , the Lebua does look very impressive, which is why its a tourist magnet

I went up the Baiyoke Sky tower one morning on my 1st visit to Bangkok, but due to the smog, the views weren't great at all
    Rooftop Bar at Lebua was used for the Hangover movie...thus, you have to get the Hangovertini! Only been once, and no real desire to go back again.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Cadet Bronze
    But has the Lebua got the best city centre skyscraper/river views do you think ?

More importantly, Whats the best roof top bar in Kamala ? 5555 im sure Dodger would have one in the pipeline 55

Cadet Gold
    More importantly, Whats the best roof top bar in Kamala ? 5555 im sure Dodger would have one in the pipeline 55
    There is actually one in Kata. Nice view considering it's a 3 story building. Oh and it has a pool.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    There is actually one in Kata. Nice view considering it's a 3 story building. Oh and it has a pool.
    Oh, nice one whats it called? I'll check it out in a couple of weeks . Thanks YD.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ Silk Restaurant at The Andara in Kamala has a great view/setting over the pool out to the bay....and Cape Siena has a great rooftop Tapas Bar/Restauarant high up with sensational views over the sea

pics....Silk at Top....Sienna below

Last edited by bacwaan; 16th March 2016 at 20:47.
    wabbits, OZZYGUY and Tingtong like this.

^thanks bac i'll try and check them out. good spots for a few sunset pics by the look of sienna.
    bacwaan likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Oh, nice one whats it called? I'll check it out in a couple of weeks . Thanks YD.
    It's on top of 4U disco.

15 more sleeps and I can tell you what rooftop bars are worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    It's on top of 4U disco.
    Thanks YD i'll put that on my list of places to have a look at...last time I went to Kamala I was sick as a dog so didnt get a chance to venture further than the Bar at Bann Natacha were I stayed (great bar btw).
    Hope to make up for it this time.

15 more sleeps and I can tell you what rooftop bars are worth a look.
    Ozzy are you heading to Kamala?..Ill be there in 8 more sleeps.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast