Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Bangkok roof top bars

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Ozzy are you heading to Kamala?..Ill be there in 8 more sleeps.
    Nar sorry TT just BKK for a night on the 2nd and 6th April on our way to Siem Reap.

Cadet Bronze
    Thanks for getting the thread back on the subject of Bangkok rooftop bars Ozzyguy.

I'll certainly be interested to know which rooftop bars you get to visit, your impressions of them & which ones you think have the best views
    OZZYGUY likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynewcastle View Post
    Thanks for getting the thread back on the subject of Bangkok rooftop bars Ozzyguy.

I'll certainly be interested to know which rooftop bars you get to visit, your impressions of them & which ones you think have the best views
    I think he's hit a bit of a fashion police roadblock there...555

@ # 78

Headed out to do a bit of a rooftop bar hop, no one told me they had dress standards. Couldn't get in me dressed in my shorts and GF had her short shorts.

http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...rts/7791-4.htm

Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    A rooftop bar is on my list of things to do when I go bangkok next. Anyone been to Sofitel So? A thai friend says its quite nice.

OZZYGUY likes this.

[QUOTE=supersub;280092]A rooftop bar is on my list of things to do when I go bangkok next. Anyone been to Sofitel So? A thai friend says its quite nice.

Sup when you do they have dress standards, long pants, shirt, long dress and heels for the ladys (or ladyboys)

We went a few days ago and get in to 3 of them so headed to Nana and Cowboy.
    http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...ports/7791.htm

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    shorts are OK in Above Eleven...but you must have closed in shoes on and no singlets or torn clothing..seems reasonable to me with the way some expats and tourists dress

I've worn loafers and long shorts with a nice shirt in there and its not like that sticks out..plenty of others in similar attire

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    A rooftop bar is on my list of things to do when I go bangkok next. Anyone been to Sofitel So? A thai friend says its quite nice.

Which Sofitel is that one in in BKK. I stayed at what was the Sofitel in Silom (Now the Pullman) in September and they have a great rooftop area plus a great restaurant on the 35th floor. Looks very similar to that photo. The hotel in on the main Silom Road.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Which Sofitel is that one in in BKK. I stayed at what was the Sofitel in Silom (Now the Pullman) in September and they have a great rooftop area plus a great restaurant on the 35th floor. Looks very similar to that photo. The hotel in on the main Silom Road.
    It is right on Sukhumvit near Soi 11

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    shorts are OK in Above Eleven...but you must have closed in shoes on and no singlets or torn clothing..seems reasonable to me with the way some expats and tourists dress

I've worn loafers and long shorts with a nice shirt in there and its not like that sticks out..plenty of others in similar attire
    In BKK, I never go out for a night without wearing a pair of pants
    Down in the beach town..........shorts, and loafers

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    It is right on Sukhumvit near Soi 11
    I am sure there was 2 Sofitel's in BKK, so I think must be the one on the other side of the City to where I was. I do not know BKK at all, but I went over to Soi 4 to a beer bar complex on the 1st night I was there, so can only assume that it must be over that was somewhere.
    Still looks a cool place by the look of things.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    I am sure there was 2 Sofitel's in BKK, so I think must be the one on the other side of the City to where I was. I do not know BKK at all, but I went over to Soi 4 to a beer bar complex on the 1st night I was there, so can only assume that it must be over that was somewhere.
    Still looks a cool place by the look of things.
    Sofitel So is their new trendy type hotel........they have one in Cha Am also.....sort of like a W

This is about a 10min walk from Soi 4 going away from Silom

I stayed at Sofitel Metropole in Hanoi...........one of the best hotels I ever stayed in

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    In BKK, I never go out for a night without wearing a pair of pants
    Down in the beach town..........shorts, and loafers
    I think you can get away with fashionable long shorts (not cargoes 555), loafers and a nice dress shirt in BKK in the right place up until around dinner time....pre-dinner drinks hours etc etc...but if I am going to a club (or a nice restaurant to dine) I'll always wear long trousers...as you know I mostly wear white or black denim jeans on a night out even to the bars in Lamai....

Above Eleven is a more casual place than joints like The Lebua etc..its a younger hipper crowd

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I think you can get away with fashionable long shorts (not cargoes 555), loafers and a nice dress shirt in BKK in the right place up until around dinner time....pre-dinner drinks hours etc etc...but if I am going to a club (or a nice restaurant to dine) I'll always wear long trousers...as you know I mostly wear white or black denim jeans on a night out even to the bars in Lamai....

Above Eleven is a more casual place than joints like The Lebua etc..its a younger hipper crowd
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've had a quick look at their website and it looks like a cool place for a drink or two. Bacwaan, Have you eaten there and what did you think of it? I will give it a try next week.

^ yep...been there a few times and always really enjoyed myself

The food is an unusual morph of Japanese/Peruvian...invented by the Japanese immigrants to Peru..so its kinda heavy on ceviche and sushi styled dishes...which are both fine by me..there is a pork belly with a chilli relish dsh that would suit most TGs (and me) plus loads of things which can be shared at the bar

either book a table or get up there early (open at 6pm) if you want to get in...its a busy joint
    Rockitt likes this.

Not the roof top bar like the top 20 but this one in Asiatique was cool. Built on top of a few sea containers with a open air bar ontop

Last edited by OZZYGUY; 8th April 2016 at 19:29.
    Quarky likes this.

I managed to fit in a couple of early evening drinks at Above Eleven last week. A very nice bar/restaurant area on floor32/33 and a cool open area bar and floor space above that. Great views of the city from all 3 levels, and a very friendly bunch of staff. I got there on each occasion just after 6pm, but by 8pm it filled up and the music turned up. Thanks for another top tip Bacwaan.
    Quarky, Rivo and bacwaan like this.

Glad you enjoyed it mate...yeah the top deck is the place to be if you can swing it....I'll be back in BKK next week for a few days....and will certainly be spending a part of one of my nights between there and Oskars

Not a rooftop bar but a good place to put this.
    Oskar's was closed for Songkran and with that we decided a casual night was in order
    Went out to eat and then hit the Aussie Bar on Soi 11
    They had quite possibly the best live band I've ever seen in Thailand
    2 Thai girls and one Thai guy and singing everything from Hall and Oates to Uptown Funk but everything in their unique style.
    The place was jammed packed so they might be well known.

And don't know if it was overflow from Oskar's being closed but there were some very cute FL's in there.

Oh.....and I think HoeGarden was on sale because it looked hilarious all those little TG's drinking those big beer mugs 555

Yes I found Hoegaarden in quite a few bars during this visit. Seems to be quite popular with the locals. The Presidents Palace was closed for an upgrade but there was still plenty of people about. I think Soi 11 has some nice places for drinks in the evening and I get the feeling that the area is trying to up its standards.
    I must say that I would never go again during Songkran. I should have listened to advice from friends. It was fun for a couple of hours but after that, it became a pain. On Soi 22 they were soaking couples going out for an evening well after 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Yes I found Hoegaarden in quite a few bars during this visit. Seems to be quite popular with the locals. The Presidents Palace was closed for an upgrade but there was still plenty of people about. I think Soi 11 has some nice places for drinks in the evening and I get the feeling that the area is trying to up its standards.
    I must say that I would never go again during Songkran. I should have listened to advice from friends. It was fun for a couple of hours but after that, it became a pain. On Soi 22 they were soaking couples going out for an evening well after 8pm.
    Yeah I always come for Songkran because it's the best time to see all the family.

But it is becoming a pain and the weather is simply too hot.
    I already told my wife I want to experience Loy Khatong in CM in November 2017
    I've come to Thailand 3 years in a row so will take a bit of a break from it.
    Have my stepson and MIL come to Canada for his long break next year and just my stepson for his month long break after this current semester is finished in October

And even in Nov 2017, I will likely only spend 3-4 days in Thailand
    I've never been to Burma or Laos or Siem Reap so want to go to at least two of those places

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast