The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Bangkok roof top bars

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Bangkok roof top bars

Looking for some nice bars to head to next trip, been to the nest a few times on Suk11 it didn't make this list.

Top 20 Rooftop Bars in Bangkok 2016 - Bangkok Nightlife

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    First time I went to LOS we stayed for our first night as a stop over to Patong at the Grand China Princess Hotel in Chinatown. It had a roof top bar with a pool right on the edge of the building. Talk about vertigo , yikes.
    But the thing I found the weirdest was one floor down from the rooftop was a restaurant that had a Rotating floor. So as you had dinner or drinks you would get a great view of most of Bangkok.
    Anyone stayed there?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Not sure i would be to comfortable at the vertigo ... due to the vertigo ...555 ... but the Cloud 47 looks ok .... although Cielo is more my type ..

This is nice, ..........Cielo Rooftop Skybar (formerly Zeppelin) Sukhumvit - 46th Floor

The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    One of the most in rooftop bars currently in Bangkok is the rooftop bar at Marriott Suk 57
    I stayed there last year and it's the real deal

Not really touristy, more Thais and 30ish expats

One level is really big with seating and the top level is where the DJ is.....can get loud though.

Another favorite of mine, although not a rooftop bar but all open on thr window side is

Long Table
    Great place to go with your gf.....good tapas type dishes. Chill music and a good crowd, although a bit youngish

Just as a slightly off topic note ...

This image really shows the sad state of our society at times ... and why i hate the use of SPhones in social situations ... get a grip people .55

Absolutely beautiful view but no ....

OZZYGUY likes this.

^ they both probably took a pic of the sunset and are putting it on facewank to show each other 55

^^ 555 and would have being a selfie shot each too .. look at me look at me and look the background as well, but mostly look at me look at me !! .55

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    One of the most in rooftop bars currently in Bangkok is the rooftop bar at Marriott Suk 57
    I stayed there last year and it's the real deal

Not really touristy, more Thais and 30ish expats

One level is really big with seating and the top level is where the DJ is.....can get loud though.

Mrs M and I sat in the right hand corner nearest the camera last March .... a bit near the sound systems speakers for my liking I recall .... have been to that bar twice now, would go again and recommend it for the view but whilst I can accept that the drink prices in such a place will be high, there is no excuse for those drinks to be rubbish as well .... nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to drink there all night ....
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

Mrs M and I sat in the right hand corner nearest the camera last March .... a bit near the sound systems speakers for my liking I recall .... have been to that bar twice now, would go again and recommend it for the view but whilst I can accept that the drink prices in such a place will be high, there is no excuse for those drinks to be rubbish as well .... nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to drink there all night ....

This is one I was planning to go, my GF doesn't drink so hope the water free? 55

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    My favourite atm is Above 11....top floor of Fraser Suites on Soi 11...it is cool rather than touristy and has a DJ who plays to the crowd with nice laid back stuff earlier on building up to some more dancey but not deafening stuff later on in the evening...the food is Peruvian/Japanese also very cool...pricing is way better than the usual rooftop tourist traps and the crowd is much younger, hipper and more Thai than you usually find at these joints....iirc it is run by the (former) Bed/Supper group guys....my all time favourite joint in BKK..I really miss it along with Q Bar

It comes in at #6 on the OPs Article/link........ Above Eleven Rooftop Bar - Bangkok.com Magazine

Unfortunately Nest and its hotel Le Fenix have had their day....much groovier places have come along and usurped them..they are way overdue for an expensive refurb
    OZZYGUY and KRIS-ONE like this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits wabbits's Avatar
    Millenium Hilton was great not sure if the best by far but just has a great chilled feel.
    On ground level Bangkok Mary on corner of Suk and Soi 22 great Indian upstairs Holiday inn.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    This is one I was planning to go, my GF doesn't drink so hope the water free? 55
    I'd still recommend it and say go even if you have to pay for the water. It is still the Marriott so the service is excellent and certainly not pushy so even if the mixed drinks are so-so average and overpriced, get a bottled beer for you and a water for her and admire the view.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    With your GF. I'd still say do Long Table
    The pictures in TA will show you how open it is

Grilled beef salad - Picture of Long Table, Bangkok - TripAdvisor
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    Been to Zeppelin last year with a lady friend. The view is good, the prices are premium, getting my friend to walk over the glass floor was impossible, going by taxi from Soi 6 was a huge mistake.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Ozzy, stayed at the Pullman G in Silom when we did the trip to Hua Hin late last year for a couple of nights, and there is a great bar up on the 37th floor. Has a smallish outside area where you can eat and drink plus huge bar and eating area inside. City Views down to the river from the outside area,. but better views from the window tables inside.
    Best Wine Bar In Bangkok - Scarlett Wine Bar & Restaurant

The food that we had there was really good as they have an extensive type of Tapas style menu along with some really good quality cold meat cuts and some excelent cheeses. Not cheap, but it is my type of food, so no problem for me with the type of menu that had there.

I was very suprised to see so many Thai's (young & older) getting stuck into the platter boards of cold meat/cheeses, it was something that I would not have expected to see.
    To me the bar had a great vibe, and even if I did not stay at that hotel again, I would pay the bar a vist as I really enjoyed it

If anyone ever thinks of staying there, it is well worth paying a bit extra and getting the Executive Package.
    On top of the room, you get private check-in, Breakfast in the Executive lounge that is served to the table, access to the Executive Lounge all day, and at the end of a hard day, 2 hours of beautiful complementary Canapes/Cheese, hot snacks etc as well free beer wine & ****tails.
    Last edited by chelski; 9th March 2016 at 11:15.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    With your GF. I'd still say do Long Table
    The pictures in TA will show you how open it is

Grilled beef salad - Picture of Long Table, Bangkok - TripAdvisor
    Got some good reviews on TA

Has anyone been to the number two on the top 20 list

Sky Bar Rooftop at Lebua

its close to my hotel so works well,

Not really interested in the food its more of a place to relax taking in the view for a drink or two before heading out. As silly as it may sound to some we don't really like to eat at fancy places much rather plastic chairs, markets and bbq places.

I will go to Above11, I got a feeling I went before a few years back not sure.

Everybody keeps saying how expensive these joints are. So using these two as a benchmark how dear are they . Singer Beer and Glass of Wine.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tingtong View Post
    Everybody keeps saying how expensive these joints are. So using these two as a benchmark how dear are they . Singer Beer and Glass of Wine.
    Thanks.
    At a guess I would say 220tb

^ Thats about what I was guessing, But you would not want to go on a bender at those prices . Nearly $ 9.00 a beer. But Im not surprised either.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast