The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bar/GoGo closures in Patong/Pattaya

I'll be there tomorrow in Pattaya so I'll check out how things are operating in WS, LK Metro, Soi 6,7,8 and Soi Honey. All places I would never normally visit, but just for you all, I'll check em out. 555
    Quarky likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    I'll be there tomorrow in Pattaya so I'll check out how things are operating in WS, LK Metro, Soi 6,7,8 and Soi Honey. All places I would never normally visit, but just for you all, I'll check em out. 555
    What a trooper, enjoy....
    Rockitt likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    If you're planning to party down on vacation, you might want to skip grieving Thailand for now - LA Times

She advises travelers to wear dark colors and keep knees and shoulders covered when traveling in Bangkok and across the country. Trekkers should wear long pants instead of shorts out of respect for a grieving nation.
    Anyone get beat up for wearing shorts in Bangkok?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Seems pretty much back to normal here around LK area. The music is turned down in all the bars and gogos, but other than that, it's business as usual. Black is definitely the predominant colour though.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I will be there is a month.

Seriously, all I have is bright colored shorts 555

Hope this black thing fades a bit by then

zen
    Cadet
    Thanks for every ones input, have now arrived in Pattaya.
    After first night, found that most of the bars open to the street, are serving alcohol, but all the staff are sitting in semi darkness, with no music......pretty dead!!
    Fortunately, walking Street is much as normal, but with little music being played out in the street.
    Inside, the gogos, music and dancing is still going on, but slightly quieter.

zen
    Cadet
    Forgot to mention, most of the gogos in Walking Street seem to be closing at 2am.

It appears the mourning period is an old guys paradise. The music is at a tolerable level. And the girls probably wont turn a LT into a ST because they have no bar to meet their friends after 2am...555
    Quarky, PeteGill, Bawdy and 1 others like this.

Paying closer attention last night, it seems that certain areas are allowing music to be played. Soi Honey was silent yet Bukoaw had music. LK again had music, but not too loud. I agree, it is nice to be able to sit and talk, and it's a very chilled fibe atm. They all seem to think it will be this way for one month. No live bands.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    Paying closer attention last night, it seems that certain areas are allowing music to be played. Soi Honey was silent yet Bukoaw had music. LK again had music, but not too loud. I agree, it is nice to be able to sit and talk, and it's a very chilled fibe atm. They all seem to think it will be this way for one month. No live bands.
    No live bands will kind of suck

I saw an awesome live band at Aussie Pub on Soi 11 in April and wanted to check and see if they would be playing someone in BKK again.

I also like to go to Thai discos when I am in Thailand. So would be a bummer if those aren't open yet

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    No live bands will kind of suck

I saw an awesome live band at Aussie Pub on Soi 11 in April and wanted to check and see if they would be playing someone in BKK again.

I also like to go to Thai discos when I am in Thailand. So would be a bummer if those aren't open yet
    Well I think it's loosening up each day so you may be ok next month. The cafe on beach road told me yesterday "no music allowed" but today they are playing it again.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Nana is back to normal except opening hours are displayed...7pm to 1am. Most of the girls are dressed in small black things.
    Very reverent.

Newby
    Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Patong's nightlife has been almost normal since Tuesday night. Live bands are playing, loud music is on. The only real difference I have noticed is that girls are not dancing on the bars and podiums - at the open air bars at least, Gogos have been operating normally behind closed doors. Tuesday night, the music was turned off at 1am, but if i recall correctly, the bars stayed open for a bit longer.

The girls all dressed demurely, mainly in black dresses. They all look quite classy and elegant!

Last night, I headed back to the hotel gone 3am, and things were still going so the closing times have already loosened. Of course things here can change quickly, but if you were a first time visitor here, you would think everything was normal.
    Quarky, Minder, Gazmac and 1 others like this.

No ones' mentioned how the girls are performing in the sack during the mourning period.
    Gazmac and chiefbrody like this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    No ones' mentioned how the girls are performing in the sack during the mourning period.
    mine performed well a couple of mornings ago...in the pool, on the balcony, on the sofa, in the shower and even in the bed....but it was very strange before that in the bar with no music and me being the only customer in there with about 20 BGs....4 gals sat with me...all of whom I had been with before....so I had to buy all of them drinks whilst I got in the mood and decided...it would be impolite not to....555

Oh....and she was even good for one last stand at about 3pm that afternoon....555
    Dupree and TMTBOUND like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    mine performed well a couple of mornings ago...in the pool, on the balcony, on the sofa, in the shower and even in the bed....but it was very strange before that in the bar with no music and me being the only customer in there with about 20 BGs....4 gals sat with me...all of whom I had been with before....so I had to buy all of them drinks whilst I got in the mood and decided...it would be impolite not to....555

Oh....and she was even good for one last stand at about 3pm that afternoon....555
    Dam. You're performing like a teenager. Is it the Mangos?...55
    TMTBOUND likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Dam. You're performing like a teenager. Is it the Mangos?...55
    funnily enough the gels do come in a mango flavour....555....but I haven't had one of those for a few years now...I don't trust them (strokes and heart attacks) now I am a senior citizen...555

ya know it really was kinda weird in the bar with no music...it was much more like what I imagine being in a brothel must be like...(honestly I have never been in a real brothel)...it really was all about picking out ya choice of gal rather than the sanuk factor...so I am hoping that the music is allowed back soon....I really missed it even though I know and had been with all the gals I sat with before and we still had plenty of conversation..it was kinda strange

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    funnily enough the gels do come in a mango flavour....555....but I haven't had one of those for a few years now...I don't trust them (strokes and heart attacks) now I am a senior citizen...555

ya know it really was kinda weird in the bar with no music...it was much more like what I imagine being in a brothel must be like...(honestly I have never been in a real brothel)...it really was all about picking out ya choice of gal rather than the sanuk factor...so I am hoping that the music is allowed back soon....I really missed it even though I know and had been with all the gals I sat with before and we still had plenty of conversation..it was kinda strange
    It is revealing how different the female interaction is without the smoke and mirrors...55.
    bacwaan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.White View Post
    Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Patong's nightlife has been almost normal since Tuesday night. Live bands are playing, loud music is on. The only real difference I have noticed is that girls are not dancing on the bars and podiums - at the open air bars at least, Gogos have been operating normally behind closed doors. Tuesday night, the music was turned off at 1am, but if i recall correctly, the bars stayed open for a bit longer.

The girls all dressed demurely, mainly in black dresses. They all look quite classy and elegant!

Last night, I headed back to the hotel gone 3am, and things were still going so the closing times have already loosened. Of course things here can change quickly, but if you were a first time visitor here, you would think everything was normal.
    Welcome Mr White. How long in Thailand this trip?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star TMTBOUND's Avatar
    Welcome Mr White

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast