Phuket Taxi and Transfers

View Poll Results: So would you take your grandmother to P4P areas or not?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck Yes! But I'm not paying her bin.

    3 23.08%
  • Fuck No! Then I'd have to pay her bin.

    8 61.54%
  • Please to explain what mean P4P.

    2 15.38%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 488
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: Would you take your family to p4p areas?

  1. #281
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I seem to only know Bangla yet point outed Kamala and Karon as having girls standing on the street in front of bars...
    ^Well it is a free country....555

  2. #282
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    I always remember the very popular Dolphin bar near the beach where the girls would call out to passers by "Hello welcome...we hab cold food...an' hot beer"....555
    Don't see how that could really be offensive to anyone.....

  3. #283
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    ^Well it is a free country....555
    I personally don't think Kamala or Karon is anything really seedy.
    Obviously I am used to it.....

    But for someone new or against p4p driving past them at night they would stick out like a sore thumb...

    Although I don't know how many of those people would be out late enough to see

  4. #284
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Sometimes it is the unrealistic expectation of "P4P everywhere" that some morons have.
    For example I am sitting in (say) Bar Funk 3 a great new sports bar on Bangla with my wife having a quiet drink and in comes a shirtless leering slightly drunk man looking for a FL.
    Stares up and down at all the staff (and Mrs) like he's on some kind of sex shopping trip. Quickly joined by a hardened looking FL, nothing to do with the bar, the deal is done and off they go.
    We could all do without that at four o'clock in the afternoon.
    Ian Forbes and Tingtong like this.

  5. #285
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    22,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Sometimes it is the unrealistic expectation of "P4P everywhere" that some morons have.
    For example I am sitting in (say) Bar Funk 3 a great new sports bar on Bangla with my wife having a quiet drink and in comes a shirtless leering slightly drunk man looking for a FL.
    Stares up and down at all the staff (and Mrs) like he's on some kind of sex shopping trip. Quickly joined by a hardened looking FL, nothing to do with the bar, the deal is done and off they go.
    We could all do without that at four o'clock in the afternoon.
    There are more than a few of those types. When I first came to Thailand 20 years ago I was completely blown away by all the assholes. Eventually, I just searched around until I found a few bars that were a lot more laid back and suited my style. Like anything, it is always a few that give everyone else a bad name.
    Changone likes this.

  6. #286
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Phuket
    Posts
    9,708
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I seem to only know Bangla yet point outed Kamala and Karon as having girls standing on the street in front of bars...
    Please name the bars in Kamala who have girls touting on the street?
    Certainly not your example The Aussie Pub - outside are tables for non-smoking customers.
    None outside touting I can recall at any bars - it's enforced by the local police.

    But you do like to "flesh out" your posts to suit your P.O.V.
    Changone likes this.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!

  7. #287
    Organic AI Quarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    That was actually the case with me as well. I frequented Bali for years before I reluctantly visited Phuket on a couple of friends' insistence. Before that I didn't really take Thailand's stereotypical images seriously. I always thought of it as just that, a stereotype. Boy, was I blown away by Bangle road!

    This caused my perception of Thailand to stand on it's head, giving me a warped view of the country. Then in later years I learned more and more and realised it's not like that at all, and my perception was due to the places I visited and the company I kept. It's kind of like a tourist visiting America year after year but not going anywhere except Vegas. They'd have a pretty twisted view of the US if you talked to them about it. Like the famous story about the three blind men trying to describe an elephant.

    The only thing is Thailand has a lot of mini Vegases all over the shop, so it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking the whole place is a brothel, but of course it isn't. None of us have any proper data on this stuff so we can never tell for sure.
    At least you get it...

    Perception and reality are different... until you spend time there you may struggle to see past the initial image of Thailand you have....
    Last edited by Quarky; 9th May 2017 at 17:28.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team


  8. #288
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    At least you get it...
    Get what? Bacon says it's a "Warped view" and that's what I've been saying all along.
    Its not Bacon that gets it, it's you and M26 that just don't...555
    Woooooshhhh.....
    Just keep on with the weirded out wowser view of things that literally nobody else subscribes to...

  9. #289
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    Please name the bars in Kamala who have girls touting on the street?
    Certainly not your example The Aussie Pub - outside are tables for non-smoking customers.
    None outside touting I can recall at any bars - it's enforced by the local police.

    But you do like to "flesh out" your posts to suit your P.O.V.
    I don't recall ever saying touting.......you need some more sleep I think, your reading comprehension has been off.

  10. #290
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Get what? Bacon says it's a "Warped view" and that's what I've been saying all along.
    Its not Bacon that gets it, it's you and M26 that just don't...555
    Woooooshhhh.....
    Just keep on with the weirded out wowser view of things that literally nobody else subscribes to...
    What don't we get? The alternate universe stuck in the sand you guys live in?

    Again...Lanai, Patong, Hua Hin
    Please tell me how any of those places don't have p4p areas in predominant areas that would be easy to avoid?

  11. #291
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,539
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    What don't we get? The alternate stuck in the sand you guys live in?

    Again...Lanai, Patong, Hua Hin
    Please tell me how any of those places don't have p4p areas in predominant areas that would be easy to avoid?
    there's more to Samui than Lamai , same with Phuket no need to visit Patong .. can't comment on HH , but I thought the scene was small , same as CM, I'm guessing plenty of areas without girly bars
    Changone likes this.

  12. #292
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    What don't we get? The alternate universe stuck in the sand you guys live in?

    Again...Lanai, Patong, Hua Hin
    Please tell me how any of those places don't have p4p areas in predominant areas that would be easy to avoid?
    Alternative Universe you say......? One that you and DP inhabit...555 A kind of lala land only you two see the sense of...

  13. #293
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    9,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    there's more to Samui than Lamai.....

    very true...and if I was particularly freaked out that my family might see BGs dancing at the boxing bars and be offended by that sort of thing (in Lamai) I would give that area a miss...

    Fisherman's Village/Bophut for example would be perfect for a family who might be offended by such shennanigens.....it has a nice Thai boutiquey/open mall-ish feel to it...beach across the road and some great restaurants/cafes...albeit a little on the expensive side

    It's also close to the shopping malls like Central Festival, Lotus and Big C in Chaweng with movies/shopping/family entertainment....

    easy to have a holiday up that end of the island and never have to see anything that might make you think Thailand is a P4P dominated holiday destination
    Changone, Zablive and Stillearly like this.

  14. #294
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22,550
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    very true...and if I was particularly freaked out that my family might see BGs dancing at the boxing bars and be offended by that sort of thing (in Lamai) I would give that area a miss...

    Fisherman's Village/Bophut for example would be perfect for a family who might be offended by such shennanigens.....it has a nice Thai boutiquey/open mall-ish feel to it...beach across the road and some great restaurants/cafes...albeit a little on the expensive side

    It's also close to the shopping malls like Central Festival, Lotus and Big C in Chaweng with movies/shopping/family entertainment....

    easy to have a holiday up that end of the island and never have to see anything that might make you think Thailand is a P4P dominated holiday destination
    Absolutely, and as a said all along that a trip is very doable but I'd have to plan it out
    But people don't read any of that because they are on their weird Thailand defense mechanism
    Quarky likes this.

  15. #295
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,539
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Absolutely, and as a said all along that a trip is very doable but I'd have to plan it out
    But people don't read any of that because they are on their weird Thailand defense mechanism

    I'm not defending Thailand , I just don't agree with your posts
    PeteGill and Zablive like this.

  16. #296
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    9,290
    ^ having said that I still think that it is pretty easy to have a holiday in and around Lamai and not see the most open/brazen bits of bar life here....

    to start with the boxing bars don't open until late afternoon....so they are pretty empty and just setting up until 3-4pm...the more brazen area up at soi billabong/dragon doesn't get going until well after dark...

    If M26 was to holiday at his usual spot down by Baan Hua Thanon on the south of the east coast it would be easy to bypass these areas at all times..simply turn onto beach rd up by Makro then come along it until outback bar and head to the beach area (including Cocoe's, Bikini BBQ etc) that way.....

    My advice would be to spend more time down where you are staying at night...there are some nice places to eat/have a drink down there all within walking distance of your hotel... including Vitamin Sea in BHT, Chillin for sundowner drinks, Ricky's for a special occasion, Sabienglae on the beach there, Boabab at the south end of Lamai near the Ammatara Hotel and Krua Chao Baan just up the beach (5 minute walk along the beach)

  17. #297
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    So are you saying there are cities with far more p4p on show than Bangkok? Please do tell... I want to visit... 55

    Of course you can hide from p4p in a large city... but try hiding from it when the main streets of pretty much all the main seaside tourist resorts are p4p dominated...

    Why is everyone so defensive about it? Embrace it... it's part of what makes Thailand... Thailand.
    I'm not hiding from it and not looking for it either.

    If I am coming over as defensive maybe because I don't like been labeled on a brief comment in a topic.

    Second trip to Phuket, was drinking at a mates bar, had no idea that any of the girls in his bar were "available" . Case of sometimes if you are not looking for it you don't see it. Not to say a few drinks later all shackles were off

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  18. #298
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    You started a poll. That is an attempt to get opinions.

    You get them and if they differ from yours and DP the others are 'denying facts'
    What is evident is that nobody is denying anything, we just view it differently.

    If you don't want any view aside from your own, perhaps a poll is not the right way to go about it?

    BTW Bangla is hardly Phuket's biggest street.. It is only about four hundred meters long 5555
    Some night it felt like 4 kilometres long 😁

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Stillearly likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  19. #299
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    I always remember the very popular Dolphin bar near the beach where the girls would call out to passers by "Hello welcome...we hab cold food...an' hot beer"....555
    Don't see how that could really be offensive to anyone.....
    And the Dolphin & other Bars in the complex were No BF operations. So the girls were out front, but only to attract customers in, they were not out front to sell their wares. If you wanted time with TG who worked there it was wait until knock off 2am, and on her free time. I was usually too knocked up by then to be of any use to anyone 🤔

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 9th May 2017 at 23:11.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

  20. #300
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I'm not defending Thailand , I just don't agree with your posts
    I haven't seen you freak out like some......
    One poster seemed offended that I prefer to spend my time with family in river instead of lower Suk 555

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •