Phuket Taxi and Transfers

View Poll Results: So would you take your grandmother to P4P areas or not?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck Yes! But I'm not paying her bin.

3 23.08%
  • Fuck No! Then I'd have to pay her bin.

8 61.54%
  • Please to explain what mean P4P.

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Would you take your family to p4p areas?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    I drove the family to Kalgoorlie once.
    They all wanted to see the famous "Hay street" so we drove down there.
    Wife kids Aunty and nieces all in the van. One of the teenage nieces sees it all wide eyed and yells out "Wow mum......real live hookers!"....5555
    I couldn't resist going past the first time I visited Kalg either. Not much on Hay street these days, except the historical site, now painted bright pink. Allegedly the oldest brothel in Australia, and still in operation. Funny thing is the place is a museum during the day where people can walk in and get a tour, but turns into a brothel again in the afternoon 555.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    If I were with family I wouldn't even stay in lower Suk or frequent there
    Not so much trying to avoid the area just because we wouldn't be going to places by there.

When I am with Ao's family we stay by the River so would do the same with my family
    Its a great part of Bkk as a tourist....Limpini Park shopping food sky bars high end hotels very vibrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I wouldn't. Last thing you need is some BG shouting your name across the street. Try explaining that to your grandmother!

As Wabbs mentioned, most tourists stumble into it, usually through tour packages that mislead them. Others are dodgy, hopeful blokes who've convinced the missus to travel to a "tropical paradise", with the hope of sneaking away for a little something something.

What I don't get is the Arabs prancing about in their traditional dress. So many on the lower Suk. Hypocrisy obviously runs deep in that lot.
    We range down to about soi 8 so avoid most of that demographic.
    loads to do as a family.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Its a great part of Bkk as a tourist....Limpini Park shopping food sky bars high end hotels very vibrant.
    I've been a few times before 555

I don't find it very family friendly
    I love it myself and the nightlife (non p4p) but just doesn't have much I'd do with the family.

I prefer over by the River when with family

Interesting. So they underplay it, but at the same time think it's normal....?
    Id say it's a minuscule part of overall tourism to Thailand and not at all mainstream or normal.
    More likely, those who partake know better where to look.
    My sister travelled Thailand well before I did... she warned me it wouldn't be my cup of tea.. she said.. there are old men everywhere with young girls... adding there are "prostitutes everywhere you look"...

...and funnily enough the way she described Thailand did put me off going for years... it sounded like a paedophile paradise, especially as guys like Gary Glitter were famous for going there...

So p4p well hidden? If my innocent sister picked it up it can't be well hidden... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Interesting. So they underplay it, but at the same time think it's normal....?
    Id say it's a minuscule part of overall tourism to Thailand and not at all mainstream or normal.
    More likely, those who partake know better where to look.
    It has 3 RLD's in prime areas in Bangkok
    It has a huge street in it's biggest tourist town
    Sleepy Lamai has a bar area smack dab in the middle of town
    Half of the main area of Hua Hin is a p4p area

How much more visible does it need to be to be considered normal?

Thailand gets bad rep, but remove a handful of hotspots and you got nothing.

They could always make this sign bigger. Have they replaced the burnt out lights yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Thailand gets bad rep, but remove a handful of hotspots and you got nothing.
    Does it get a bad wrap?
    The "wrap" that I guess you refer to is that it is a sex tourist destination?
    Of course it is.....so the "wrap" is just an apt description of the place.

BUT......that isn't all Thailand is but I don't think saying what it is partially know for is giving it a bad wrap.

And again......it goes back to us who have been involved normalizing it when it is not very normal for a lot of people

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    My sister travelled Thailand well before I did... she warned me it wouldn't be my cup of tea.. she said.. there are old men everywhere with young girls... adding there are "prostitutes everywhere you look"...

...and funnily enough the way she described Thailand did put me off going for years... it sounded like a paedophile paradise, especially as guys like Gary Glitter were famous for going there...

So p4p well hidden? If my innocent sister picked it up it can't be well hidden... 55

^Wowsers!.....Then again she could likely go to the Gold Coast and warn you off from there as well....555

Now who's overplaying it...555

You cant even get into Nana Plaza without taking a left or right turn and marching in.
    Anyone blundering in has plenty of time to realize and back out. Some nights there's evan a Hellfire christian preacher broadcasting in front of it...555
    In Soi Cowboy you would be blinded by the lights advertising the place so it's unlikely any nuns would stumble on it by accident.
    Patpong is a night market and if you walked down the middle row you likely wouldn't even see the sleazy bars.
    Millions of people go along Walking street and looking at most of them they wouldn't dream of actually going in any of the bars.
    No. people are curious and they want to tell all their pals about their "Ten minutes of living on the edge" when they are showing their holiday snaps to the folks back home.
    wabbits likes this.

Now who's overplaying it...555

You cant even get into Nana Plaza without taking a left or right turn and marching in.
    Anyone blundering in has plenty of time to realize and back out. Some nights there's evan a Hellfire christian preacher broadcasting in front of it...555
    In Soi Cowboy you would be blinded by the lights advertising the place so it's unlikely any nuns would stumble on it by accident.
    Patpong is a night market and if you walked down the middle row you likely wouldn't even see the sleazy bars.
    Millions of people go along Walking street and looking at most of them they wouldn't dream of actually going in any of the bars.
    No. people are curious and they want to tell all their pals about their "Ten minutes of living on the edge" when they are showing their holiday snaps to the folks back home.
    But non of that doesn't mean that p4p isn't normal in Thailand or lots of Asian countries.

Or probably better said......more out in the open.
    Because Western countries have p4p also it is just hidden a lot more
    We can certainly judge which is a better model...

As I said in my original post. I didn't even try to avoid the p4p areas when my best friend visited because it just wasn't on the agenda

So in Bangkok it would be way away from my agenda with my family just given the size of the place

But the smaller places like Phuket and Samui I would be faced with the question I posed.

With say my nephew's and their gf's I wouldn't take them to p4p areas but wouldn't be too worried if they saw it in passing.
    But I'd make a concerted effort to avoid any areas with my sister's.

As OG and Sydney said...... different family members would be handled differently
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    As OG and Sydney said...... different family members would be handled differently
    But also different friends.

My recent trip we took another couple. They said it was a circus and didn't really like it. Maybe taking them to Crazy house the first night wasn't such a good idea......55
    Changone and Cashpoint like this.

I've been a few times before 555

I don't find it very family friendly
    I love it myself and the nightlife (non p4p) but just doesn't have much I'd do with the family.

I prefer over by the River when with family
    You might prefer the river I found it about the same as far as things to do.
    Travelling with 2 females Terminal 21 seems to have an almost magical draw to them if they can get past Robinson's.
    Don't go to Limpini Park nothing for families there.....

But seriously other than a couple of known spots clearly neon lit there would be no more p4p than anywhere else in LOS knowing that if you were that way inclined Karaoke stands for fuck me in Thai.55555

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    But also different friends.

My recent trip we took another couple. They said it was a circus and didn't really like it. Maybe taking them to Crazy house the first night wasn't such a good idea......55
    Of course guy friends vs couples is vastly different

I can't think of any couples I'd take to p4p but again.....just because it wouldn't fit our agenda.
    We'd be doing nice dinners and rooftops, tours and such
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Of course guy friends vs couples is vastly different

I can't think of any couples I'd take to p4p but again.....just because it wouldn't fit our agenda.
    We'd be doing nice dinners and rooftops, tours and such
    See I know lots of couple that do enjoy going out to the bars in LOS. Just regular couples. Maybe not so much Gogo bars.

I also know a few couples that have BF girls. One couple in particular BF two LB's and a girl one night and took them to a bar called Barbar in Patong. If you don't know it its a BDSM bar.

Or probably better said......more out in the open.
    Because Western countries have p4p also it is just hidden a lot more
    We can certainly judge which is a better model...

Amsterdam...?

wabbits likes this.

^Wowsers!.....Then again she could likely go to the Gold Coast and warn you off from there as well....555
    Before I went to Thailand I thought of it as the brothel of the world... now I have been, I know it is.. 55. But I still like it. I embrace it for what it is... a p4p playground as well as a fascinating country... luckily my sister never went to Pattaya... But, Phuket, Samui, Bangkok and Chiang Mai were on her tourist route...

But the main point is, people aren't blind. Describing Thailand's p4p areas as hidden is somewhat disingenuous...
    Last edited by Quarky; 3rd May 2017 at 17:14.

Amsterdam...?

Pretty small fry compared to Thailand though... but about the closest comparison in Europe...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    See I know lots of couple that do enjoy going out to the bars in LOS. Just regular couples. Maybe not so much Gogo bars.

I also know a few couples that have BF girls. One couple in particular BF two LB's and a girl one night and took them to a bar called Barbar in Patong. If you don't know it its a BDSM bar.
    Yeah go to Pattaya Addicts and you'll find a few blow by blow TRs from couples. Some.of them written by the women.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast