The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

View Poll Results: So would you take your grandmother to P4P areas or not?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck Yes! But I'm not paying her bin.

3 23.08%
  • Fuck No! Then I'd have to pay her bin.

8 61.54%
  • Please to explain what mean P4P.

2 15.38%
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Would you take your family to p4p areas?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    All of my family know that I may indulge from time to time when I am in Thailand. Most have seen photos taken inside bars.
    Never seen to point of hiding it from anyone.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    All of my family know that I may indulge from time to time when I am in Thailand. Most have seen photos taken inside bars.
    Never seen to point of hiding it from anyone.
    I'd never even consider talking about anything like that with my family

Regardless of what my wife did

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I'd never even consider talking about anything like that with my family

Regardless of what my wife did
    Perhaps I am just lucky in that the family are not too judgmental. I don't go out of my way to tell them about the bar scene, but will answer any questions as honestly as I can. The photos would be of me sitting having a drink with a few people, mainly girls in a bar. I think that they are able to put two and two together.
    But then again I show them photos of temples and that does not mean I am a Buddhist 5555

My sister-in-law is dead keen to go over, the only thing stopping her is her absolute fear of long haul flights. She flies locally for business, but even that is a mission for her. If her and my brother ever made it over, I am sure she would at least want to see the bars. I would take them to one of the less in your face places so that they could form their own opinion's.

BTW for my 51st birthday a good lady friend decided that dinner at a local up market strip club would be a nice idea for a party. she even paid for a private show for me. Brother, sister-in-law and a few other couples all joined in, and we had a great night out. The ladies were eager to see just what goes on and even all chipped in for a table dance.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Perhaps I am just lucky in that the family are not too judgmental. I don't go out of my way to tell them about the bar scene, but will answer any questions as honestly as I can. The photos would be of me sitting having a drink with a few people, mainly girls in a bar. I think that they are able to put two and two together.
    But then again I show them photos of temples and that does not mean I am a Buddhist 5555

My sister-in-law is dead keen to go over, the only thing stopping her is her absolute fear of long haul flights. She flies locally for business, but even that is a mission for her. If her and my brother ever made it over, I am sure she would at least want to see the bars. I would take them to one of the less in your face places so that they could form their own opinion's.

BTW for my 51st birthday a good lady friend decided that dinner at a local up market strip club would be a nice idea for a party. she even paid for a private show for me. Brother, sister-in-law and a few other couples all joined in, and we had a great night out. The ladies were eager to see just what goes on and even all chipped in for a table dance.
    I met 3 great New Yorkers in Ao Nang
    That's pretty rare to meet anyone from NYC in Thailand
    2 brothers, retired NYC Firefighters and one of their wives
    We chatted for a couple of hours

We discussed the girls and bar scene.
    They didn't know anything about it but weren't looking down on it

And we agreed Americans are much more uptight than most other people

And I an fine with that.
    I don't need to be open about everything with my family

I would never want to own a p4p bar in Thailand
    I just wouldn't want to be a part of that and making money from p4p
    But even if I wanted to I wouldn't because my friends and family are a huge part of my life
    Even my friends would be offput if I owned a p4p bar

To each's own though.....just different upbringings and culture

Agree on the part of not wanting to own a bar there, not because of the hassles involved. But part of me would feel like I am pimping. And that would not sit well.
    I know that is hypocritical of me as I do frequent (Not so much any more though) But I would battle with it.

But as you say, perhaps more an American thing in some respects.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    You really have to know and understand the people that you bring to Thailand. Everyone is different.

I brought my adult son to Thailand 2 years ago. He did not partake in the sex scene, but he wasn't shocked knowing about it. He is a happily married man and does not play around. He even met most of my current and past girl friends, but it didn't shock him. However, I didn't take him to the sex shows. But he did like the massage places where he could give a good massage. He just didn't want the extra "happy" ending. He liked the idea that he could get an hour long massage for $10 instead of the $100 he has to pay in Canada.

Hell, even if my parents were still alive I would have no problem taking them through the open bar sections of town. All the raunchy stuff goes on behind closed doors and the few places that it is blatantly obvious.

However, there are still lots of hypocrites who intentionally seek out the raunchy places just so they can feel shocked and complain about what goes on. In the 1960s there was a "movement" towards nakedness and "free love". There is a rugged beach off the point in Vancouver. It became a hangout for naked hippies and nobody bothered anyone.

Then, the "press" got a hold of the "news", and they all went marching down there with the police to complain. It is a steep climb down to the beach and not the easiest place to get to. But that didn't stop the self righteous who wanted to stop other people enjoying themselves. Since then there have been several other nude beaches in southern BC and the self righteous eventually gave up their quest to screw up other people's lives.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    However, there are still lots of hypocrites who intentionally seek out the raunchy places just so they can feel shocked and complain about what goes on. In the 1960s there was a "movement" towards nakedness and "free love". There is a rugged beach off the point in Vancouver. It became a hangout for naked hippies and nobody bothered anyone.

Then, the "press" got a hold of the "news", and they all went marching down there with the police to complain. It is a steep climb down to the beach and not the easiest place to get to. But that didn't stop the self righteous who wanted to stop other people enjoying themselves.
    Since then there have been several other nude beaches in southern BC and the self righteous eventually gave up their quest to screw up other people's lives.
    In Sydney, on the North western side of the harbour is a small beach, Grotto beach and to get to it by boat is easiest but you can park up top in a residential street and hike in, it isn't for the faint heated or unfit, so not many fatties 55555 it was a known Nude beach.

Back in the day there was a national Rubgy League player that had retired and was the TV sports commentator...Mr Rex Mossip.... Well he owned/lived in the street where people would park and walk past his house carrying beach umbrellas, eskies etc there was no way from his place you could ever see the beach..way down the cliff but he ragged on and on about it, called the police 3 times a day, kept going on about it on national TV when he was supposed to be calling the football. He would stand in his front yard and abuse the people walking down the street....What a tosser!!!

Grotto Point Sydney Harbour.JPG
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425