The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

View Poll Results: So would you take your grandmother to P4P areas or not?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck Yes! But I'm not paying her bin.

3 23.08%
  • Fuck No! Then I'd have to pay her bin.

8 61.54%
  • Please to explain what mean P4P.

2 15.38%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree263Likes

Thread: Would you take your family to p4p areas?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Before I went to Thailand I thought of it as the brothel of the world... now I have been, I know it is.. 55.

But the main point is, people aren't blind. Calling Thailand's p4p areas as hidden is somewhat disingenuous...

Whoever said its hidden?
    The most anyone said is it's more open than in other parts of the world.

I think saying Thailand is the brothel of the world is both ludicrous and offensive.

Pretty small fry compared to Thailand though... but about the closest comparison in Europe...
    Except for perhaps the Reeperbahn....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    But non of that doesn't mean that p4p isn't normal in Thailand or lots of Asian countries.

Or probably better said......more out in the open.
    Because Western countries have p4p also it is just hidden a lot more
    We can certainly judge which is a better model...

As I said in my original post. I didn't even try to avoid the p4p areas when my best friend visited because it just wasn't on the agenda

So in Bangkok it would be way away from my agenda with my family just given the size of the place

But the smaller places like Phuket and Samui I would be faced with the question I posed.

With say my nephew's and their gf's I wouldn't take them to p4p areas but wouldn't be too worried if they saw it in passing.
    But I'd make a concerted effort to avoid any areas with my sister's.

As OG and Sydney said...... different family members would be handled differently
    Can not agree having walked down the Kings Cross Strip and have girls accost you and grab anatomy or Walk down the Neon Strip of Orchid ave on the Goldy its as overt as Los.
    to a tourist they look very much the same and a tourist tourist would not realise how available or the willingness of girls to accommodate them well not without a bit of research anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Whoever said its hidden?
    The most anyone said is it's more open than in other parts of the world.

I think saying Thailand is the brothel of the world is both ludicrous and offensive.
    Really, you know somewhere better? Do tell... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Philippines.........
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Philippines.........
    Never been able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Never been able to find it.
    G spot? 55555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

G spot? 55555
    Isn't there a bar called G spot?

Or was it a BM

Isn't there a bar called G spot?

Or was it a BM
    Both.5555

a
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Both.5555

a
    So if G spot was in G spot he wouldn't find G spot yeah.........555

So if G spot was in G spot he wouldn't find G spot yeah.........555
    Not sure can't quite put my finger on it...
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Yep always those "theories" I find a lot of people are so judgmental about our relationships. It use to bother me now I relies its not my issue its there's.
    I've found having a long and happy relationship with said mail-order woman lends to piss those types off no end ... 555

One ex-BKK BG and wife of an Aussie mate once told me that a big surprise for her living in Australia was that when people found out she had been a bar girl "Nobody cares"...

To paraphrase her story she said that if she told how her family were poor farmers from the north east and how she was drawn in desperation to the big city, to the lights, to the bars and then to prostitution, their next question was usually "Yeah? What kind of farm?" 555
    Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Can not agree having walked down the Kings Cross Strip and have girls accost you and grab anatomy or Walk down the Neon Strip of Orchid ave on the Goldy its as overt as Los.
    to a tourist they look very much the same and a tourist tourist would not realise how available or the willingness of girls to accommodate them well not without a bit of research anyway.
    Serious Q.... How long since you have been in the X? I went back after about a 25 year absence a couple of months ago, and it is really just plain...............sad.

The government (state) with it's dopey lock out laws has killed the place. It is now Maccas and cafes, with one or two of the old strip clubs still limping by. If you were to get accosted by women there these days, odds are they are trying to steal your wallet.

I grew up there, knocked around the X in my late teens and twenties... Had a great vibe... Full of crooks, but you did actually feel safe. It is a mere shadow of what it once was.. A Mate, I knew back in the day, when we were young fellas, still has his job on the door of one of the last clubs and was lamenting the demise of the place... I went in to his club, he waived the cover charge for me and my mate, and the dancers were ALL ( I KID YOU NOT) English back packer girls... To put a bit of perspective into another topic, LD prices in Thailand, I bought one of the dancers a drink... It was a full spirit and mixer, and was 9 bucks Aussie... I thought that was decent value compared to some 200 baht tequila shots some GG's want to charge....

But I digress..Sadly, in the case of the X, the wowsers have won.
    Changone likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Serious Q.... How long since you have been in the X? I went back after about a 25 year absence a couple of months ago, and it is really just plain...............sad.

The government (state) with it's dopey lock out laws has killed the place. It is now Maccas and cafes, with one or two of the old strip clubs still limping by. If you were to get accosted by women there these days, odds are they are trying to steal your wallet.

I grew up there, knocked around the X in my late teens and twenties... Had a great vibe... Full of crooks, but you did actually feel safe. It is a mere shadow of what it once was.. A Mate, I knew back in the day, when we were young fellas, still has his job on the door of one of the last clubs and was lamenting the demise of the place... I went in to his club, he waived the cover charge for me and my mate, and the dancers were ALL ( I KID YOU NOT) English back packer girls... To put a bit of perspective into another topic, LD prices in Thailand, I bought one of the dancers a drink... It was a full spirit and mixer, and was 9 bucks Aussie... I thought that was decent value compared to some 200 baht tequila shots some GG's want to charge....

Oh you fecker I feel really old now 23 years was there with a pregnant 1st wife and my boy is 23 now.55555
    So I in truth have no clue what its like today.
    I do remember doing a pub crawl from Vic barracks through the cross across Woolamaloo through the city and into the Rocks....17 odd establishments ending up on Lonies Lap (if anyone can remember her him caberet act..Was her him name even lonie??) I digress the Cross had prostitution it was overt but the place had a vibe.
    dave01 likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post

I'm told large sections of Sydney's nightlife in general have been decimated by that crooked poly(as if any of them aren't) that changed all the late night business hours and rules. We discussed him a while back in another thread, I'm sure someone can bring up his name.
    Worry is a misuse of the imagination.

Well I wouldn't really know, because I'm retired. Thailand's not the only place in the world.... Anyhoo...

https://www.oyster.com.au/articles/4...r-sex-tourism/

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I have been to/through loads of RLDs with my ex-wife all around the world and TBH I don't think any really fazed her...we lived not far from one (Kings X) in Sydney and would often walk through, eat or go to clubs there or just on the fringe....we've also done the same in Amsterdam, Barcelona, NYC (the old Times Sq) Rio, Lisbon, Hong Kong and many others... even Bangla and Lamai together

I doubt whether we would have propped our kids up at a bar had we had any but I don't think we would have avoided them either unless it was for saftey reasons

if you are in Lamai and are worried about family and their reaction to the Boxing Bar area, arrive on a saturday and take then to the boxing there...they will see it first as a boxing area...there are plenty of other non-p4p bars to take family in town after that

The first couple of times I went to Lamai I was pretty weirded out by the amount of families with young children hanging about the boxing area. It was alien to me that you would have your kids surrounded by P4P. I often moved away from them and the boxing until it was over before coming back and picking my girl for the night. Not so much because I was ashamed of partaking, more so to not flaunt it in the parents and kids faces. It just didn't sit right with me so that's how I dealt with it.
    Food fishing and furballs

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    You might prefer the river I found it about the same as far as things to do.
    Travelling with 2 females Terminal 21 seems to have an almost magical draw to them if they can get past Robinson's.
    Don't go to Limpini Park nothing for families there.....

But seriously other than a couple of known spots clearly neon lit there would be no more p4p than anywhere else in LOS knowing that if you were that way inclined Karaoke stands for fuck me in Thai.55555
    You somehow seem offended that I prefer to spend my time with family over by the river 555
    Out of all the over-reaction Thai defensive stances...........that is one of the most bizarre ones!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peteman View Post
    The first couple of times I went to Lamai I was pretty weirded out by the amount of families with young children hanging about the boxing area. It was alien to me that you would have your kids surrounded by P4P. I often moved away from them and the boxing until it was over before coming back and picking my girl for the night. Not so much because I was ashamed of partaking, more so to not flaunt it in the parents and kids faces. It just didn't sit right with me so that's how I dealt with it.
    On Boxing night the bars are not really P4P until after the family crowd has cleared...no BF's, no dancing and no lewd behaviour...you would be looking hard to find any signs that its a P4P area until after the boxing has finished
    Changone likes this.

Out of interest...a question for expats really. Do many farang couples live in or retire to Thailand? Just get the impression that farang females are not that prevalent amongst the expat community?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast