The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

View Poll Results: So would you take your grandmother to P4P areas or not?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck Yes! But I'm not paying her bin.

3 27.27%
  • Fuck No! Then I'd have to pay her bin.

7 63.64%
  • Please to explain what mean P4P.

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Would you take your family to p4p areas?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

Would you take your family to p4p areas?

Actually I guess the question would be "Would you actively avoid the p4p if with your family if they came to Thailand"

I ask this thinking about the boxing bar area in Lamai.
    You sit there and see all these families walk by.
    Now most seem to be Scandinavian and I think they are very open minded.(I remember Nicke's parents would visit MTB)

But my family would freak out if they walked by that. Especially my 2 sister's.
    So that would be a tough one for me because I love Lamai but that boxing bar area is right in the center of town.

But I think when my best friend visited me and Ao and Bangkok.
    We weren't actively trying to avoid p4p areas but it never came up until a few days in when I decided to show him Nana.

So Bangkok would not be an issue. We'd just wouldn't really be around those areas but places like Phuket and Lamai it would be hard to avoid.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    It all depends on the type of people they are.

My older kids yes no issue they go to Thailand with there friends and always ask what bars to go to. My younger son now 15 no way at night but during the day yes as long as its low key.

My parents absolutely no way. They are extremely old fashioned. When it was my bucks night on my first marriage we had a stripper, my dad walked out.....Imagine him in Soi cowboy.....55

This makes me wonder what most guys tell there family's if there wife is from a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post

This makes me wonder what most guys tell there family's if there wife is from a bar.
    It would never be an issue..... most families wouldn't know anything about it.
    There will always be "theories" about any of us in relationships with girls from SEA...I don't think anyone's family/friends are thinking about the particulars
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    It would never be an issue..... most families wouldn't know anything about it.
    There will always be "theories" about any of us in relationships with girls from SEA...I don't think anyone's family/friends are thinking about the particulars
    Yep always those "theories" I find a lot of people are so judgmental about our relationships. It use to bother me now I relies its not my issue its there's.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    .I don't think anyone's family/friends are thinking about the particulars
    Not sure about this ... again a lot depends on the wisdom, or rather the street knowledge of the family/friends i guess ....

I mean over the years there has always being some docus or tv shows showing the the bar scene, or as they like to portray it, the seedy/dark side to LOS ... you would have to be fairly clueless not to be aware to some degree... although i guess to balance that, there has also being the same type of docus or news/shows showing the whole mail order bride thingo ..... or internet dating bride as its known today ... so TV showing the typical Issan farm girl meeting a falang etc etc ... so there is no bar/working girl in that ..

So thinking about that i would say teh mail order bride is probably first and fore most in peoples minds .. and then for the more knowledgeable the bar/working girl meet cross the mind

In reference to your original question... what do you mean by family ? ..... as in older sisters/brothers and mums and dads ? ..... or your own direct family as in yr kids ...

During the day i dont see a problem with any of it ... open there eyes up, they probably could do with the education if the are that closed and don'y know anything about it ...55555 c .... young kids up to 12 old no way, not necessary
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Yep always those "theories" I find a lot of people are so judgmental about our relationships. It use to bother me now I relies its not my issue its there's.
    I've honestly never had one issue....even from strangers.
    But it would be naive to think there isn't talk behind our backs.

One time my SIL said I went and got a submissive Asian girl (half joking) and I replied....."I wish that was the case!"

But it's human nature....everyone has their judgements....we all do.
    There is a story of couple being murdered in Belize.
    He was 36yrs old and gf was 52yrs and that raised my eyebrows.
    You see a mismatch in looks between the couples and you instinctively have a think about their relationship.
    We are all guilty of it.
    I just catch myself now and say "who cares" to myself

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Tell them she's different, and was in fact a cashier...5555

I just catch myself now and say "who cares" to myself
    And that my attitude these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Not sure about this ... again a lot depends on the wisdom, or rather the street knowledge of the family/friends i guess ....

I mean over the years there has always being some docus or tv shows showing the the bar scene, or as they like to portray it, the seedy/dark side to LOS ... you would have to be fairly clueless not to be aware to some degree... although i guess to balance that, there has also being the same type of docus or news/shows showing the whole mail order bride thingo ..... or internet dating bride as its known today ... so TV showing the typical Issan farm girl meeting a falang etc etc ... so there is no bar/working girl in that ..

So thinking about that i would say teh mail order bride is probably first and fore most in peoples minds .. and then for the more knowledgeable the bar/working girl meet cross the mind

In reference to your original question... what do you mean by family ? ..... as in older sisters/brothers and mums and dads ? ..... or your own direct family as in yr kids ...

During the day i dont see a problem with any of it ... open there eyes up, they probably could do with the education if the are that closed and don'y know anything about it ...55555 c .... young kids up to 12 old no way, not necessary
    As OG said ...I guess it depends on who in the family.

Funny enough I'd be the opposite opinion in regards to kids.
    The younger ones I wouldn't have as much as a problem but kids 12yrs and older I'd definitely steer clear of the bars... they'd understand more

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

Tell them she's different, and was in fact a cashier...5555
    I brought a cashier to Aust awhile back.... Actually a day time cashier from Patong so I guess she was different. 5555
    Changone likes this.

Paul you remember this one? My sons experience with bars at 13.

http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/level-iii/7327.htm

The artist formally known as Wabbits
    Most tourists not interested in p4p would only ever stumble into something. Seriously what can you see on Bangla that you would not see at the beach in Oz. Most adults would understand what Gogo bar means so would be unenclined to take family there I suspect.
    never really thought about it as a family we go to terminal 21 which is opposite Soi Cowboy why on earth would we walk in there? There is a lounge bar on Suk not far from Soi 8 with obvious freelance girlies of the very hiso looking variety but they are not a bother or would it be obvious to a tourist tourist.
    Changone likes this.

Good points Wabbs. People overplay the P4P side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Most tourists not interested in p4p would only ever stumble into something. Seriously what can you see on Bangla that you would not see at the beach in Oz. Most adults would understand what Gogo bar means so would be unenclined to take family there I suspect.
    never really thought about it as a family we go to terminal 21 which is opposite Soi Cowboy why on earth would we walk in there? There is a lounge bar on Suk not far from Soi 8 with obvious freelance girlies of the very hiso looking variety but they are not a bother or would it be obvious to a tourist tourist.
    If I were with family I wouldn't even stay in lower Suk or frequent there
    Not so much trying to avoid the area just because we wouldn't be going to places by there.

When I am with Ao's family we stay by the River so would do the same with my family

Good points Wabbs. People overplay the P4P side of it.
    I actually think people who have partook underplay the p4p side of it and become to think of it as normal
    Which I don't think is a bad thing to have that attitude towards but I don't think people who aren't experienced are wrong in being put off by it either

Interesting. So they underplay it, but at the same time think it's normal....?
    Id say it's a minuscule part of overall tourism to Thailand and not at all mainstream or normal.
    More likely, those who partake know better where to look.
    wabbits and OZZYGUY like this.

Id say it's a minuscule part of overall tourism to Thailand and not at all mainstream or normal.
    I agree and my first few trips to Phuket with my family I never knew about the P4P part of LOS and never came across Bangla rd. Shit I never been with a hooker back then.

I travelled for about 4 or 5 years to Bangkok it was always a overnight stop on the way to China with my connecting flight in the morning. I still never knew about the P4P areas or what went on.

I put it down to it wasn't something I needed to know about. If I did I would have found it.

One year I met a guy at my hotel in Bangkok who introduced me to the P4P areas. Lucky for me it was one night as I was married and in a shit part of my relationship at the time and may have been tempted.........55

Not long after that I was single and had a trip booked.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I wouldn't. Last thing you need is some BG shouting your name across the street. Try explaining that to your grandmother!

As Wabbs mentioned, most tourists stumble into it, usually through tour packages that mislead them. Others are dodgy, hopeful blokes who've convinced the missus to travel to a "tropical paradise", with the hope of sneaking away for a little something something.

What I don't get is the Arabs prancing about in their traditional dress. So many on the lower Suk. Hypocrisy obviously runs deep in that lot.
    supersub likes this.
    Bless me father for I have sinned.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I have been to/through loads of RLDs with my ex-wife all around the world and TBH I don't think any really fazed her...we lived not far from one (Kings X) in Sydney and would often walk through, eat or go to clubs there or just on the fringe....we've also done the same in Amsterdam, Barcelona, NYC (the old Times Sq) Rio, Lisbon, Hong Kong and many others... even Bangla and Lamai together

I doubt whether we would have propped our kids up at a bar had we had any but I don't think we would have avoided them either unless it was for saftey reasons

if you are in Lamai and are worried about family and their reaction to the Boxing Bar area, arrive on a saturday and take then to the boxing there...they will see it first as a boxing area...there are plenty of other non-p4p bars to take family in town after that

I drove the family to Kalgoorlie once.
    They all wanted to see the famous "Hay street" so we drove down there.
    Wife kids Aunty and nieces all in the van. One of the teenage nieces sees it all wide eyed and yells out "Wow mum......real live hookers!"....5555
    Ian Forbes, Bacon and OZZYGUY like this.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast