Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: No Prositutes in Walking Street .....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

No Prositutes in Walking Street .....

Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am
    A new curfew is in place for all bars and entertainment venues located on Pattaya’s Walking Street.
    On Monday June 19th, local officials informed bar owners and managers that venues had to close by 3am.
    As well as reminding bar owners of Walking Street’s trading hours, officials left a leaflet at each venue informing that guns and prostitutes are prohibited.
    The news comes just days after officials issued a similar warning to bars on Soi 6.
    Last week, bars were informed they have to remain closed during the day and can now only open from 6pm.
    The crackdown is part of a new sweeping changes to licensing regulations that are being rolled out by City Hall after discussions with officials from the police, tourism and entertainment sectors.
    The move comes as authorities desperately try to reinvent the image of the popular resort town from one synonymous with sex and adult entertainment to that of a modern and family friendly resort with mass appeal.
    Earlier this week, the police and military launched raids on three venues in the city.
    One raid was carried out at a popular gentleman’s club named Rioja after police received reports that sexual services were for sale. A 52 year old woman was arrested.
    Another two raid that took place in the early hours of Tuesday morning resulted in 14 people being arrested.
    Source: Thai Visa

had heard that Soi Six had been warned not to open before 18:00 as well , I assume this will be forgotten about in a week or so ....

Wonder what Pattaya will be like with no prostitutes... quite quiet?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Wonder what Pattaya will be like with no prostitutes... quite quiet?
    ghost town

i can't even spell prostitute 5555
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Cuzzy's Avatar
    The Cleansing has begun.

Soi6 ordered to not open before 6pm...

Thailand's tourist income drops a little further.

Cambodia and Vietnam reap the benefits
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    The Cleansing has begun.

Soi6 ordered to not open before 6pm...

Thailand's tourist income drops a little further.

Cambodia and Vietnam reap the benefits
    Haha
    You think sexpats make a difference in the drop of a bucket?

That's why they doing it.....the mainstream tourists are worth more money than the diminishing monger crowd
    crispy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Haha
    You think sexpats make a difference in the drop of a bucket?

That's why they doing it.....the mainstream tourists are worth more money than the diminishing monger crowd
    i would agree to that in most parts of Thailand , but not Pattaya - the Chinese are mostly on "zero baht tours" , the Russians tend to be on the poorer end of the spectrum than the ones you see in Phuket , so aren't spending huge amounts either

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    Real estate in Bush Mountain just went through the roof on that news. 555
    Cuzzy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    i would agree to that in most parts of Thailand , but not Pattaya - the Chinese are mostly on "zero baht tours" , the Russians tend to be on the poorer end of the spectrum than the ones you see in Phuket , so aren't spending huge amounts either
    But I think they looking at the closest beach to Bangkok

Clean that up and it could be huge

^^ I was referring to Pattaya and not Thailand in general

And yes I do think sexpats make a difference 'in the drop of a bucket' as you put it.
    Experts : People who know more and more about less and less until they know everything about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzy View Post
    ^^ I was referring to Pattaya and not Thailand in general

And yes I do think sexpats make a difference 'in the drop of a bucket' as you put it.
    I know but I think they can turn Pattaya into a Hua Him/Cha Am
    There is some seriously big money hotels in Cha Am

And they get the tourist trade and Thai trade(even more than now)

Pattaya is a shitbox. If it wasn't for the hookers I would never have gone.

I also believe they can turn it into a great destination with some serious infrastructure development.

One thing is certain. I ain't ever going into the sea there. I like many have seen sh1t literally pouring from the drains into that bay.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    ^ I was sitting in the Beer garden Pub one day on my only once ever trip to Patts, when they opened those big drain pipes on the beach. The brown shitty looking water that came out of that was unbelievable .

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I think parts has been in decline for years but this prob won't make much difference for those punters that partake.
    They will just change the names and bars will become karaoke bars or something like that.
    anyway the industry was never legal in the first place.....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    What no Windmill !!!!!!! my life will never be the same 555
    Cuzzy likes this.

I wouldn't mind if Pattaya became more subtle... so even if they closed all the Gogos... as long as there were still bars and massage places like you find anywhere else then I'll be happy... Walking Street they could turn into a nice out door shopping and eating area... with no loud music
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    ^^^^ it has slowly been going that way anyway.

I have noticed over the last few years how the sports bars and theme bars always seem to be the busiest.
    Go on the web or FB and look how the Retox brand is growing. Three outlets now and growing.. They have just taken over Robins nest.
    A combination of sports, booze, good quality food and of course girls. They are always busy, so too the Scooter Bars...

On my last trip a lot of the go, go's were empty or devoid of atmosphere with one or two exceptions. The Pattaya Beer Garden was packed at night, and mostly falang couples or guys having a meal before going out (VG and me 555)
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    If you can find it in places like Dubai you'll always find it easily and in abundance in LoS. The only thing that will shift is the landscape, and that unfortunately means less open fun for the punters and more danger for the girls as the safe bar environment starts to disappear and move online or onto the street.
    PeteGill and Cuzzy like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    If you can find it in places like Dubai you'll always find it easily and in abundance in LoS. The only thing that will shift is the landscape, and that unfortunately means less open fun for the punters and more danger for the girls as the safe bar environment starts to disappear and move online or onto the street.
    Nah, you just have the soi 11 model vs in your face Walking St
    Plenty of girls around for the taking on Soi 11.....it just looks more "normal"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Nah, you just have the soi 11 model vs in your face Walking St
    Plenty of girls around for the taking on Soi 11.....it just looks more "normal"
    Still breaks your heart though. The wildness is a big part of the attraction and the fun for me, far more than the mongering itself. Last time I was in Patts a compatriot of yours was telling me about this lawless no man's land somewhere along the boarder of Burma and China where anything goes. Sex, violence, drugs and anything else money can buy. I got a stiffy just hearing about it. They'll probably have a Starbucks and a McDonalds before you know it though, and will ban smoking in public too. The world is fucked.
    Last edited by Bacon; 23rd June 2017 at 23:19.
    PeteGill and Scirocco like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    I remember Pattaya circa 2002 during the "moral crackdown" and no shows and midnight closing etc...in practice it meant if you wanted to drink till dawn you bar fined a BG to guide you to all the places still going full tilt behind their roller shutters....

IMHO it would be easier to sit on that shit stained beach and halt the tide than change Pattaya.

This time it is going to be different? Yawn..believe it when I see it....
    Bacon likes this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast