Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bacwaan
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix
  • 1 Post By Stillearly

Thread: Safe to taxi Chalong to Bangla?

Safe to taxi Chalong to Bangla?

Going to be staying in Patong but thinking about making a trip to Chalong Pier. I have been there before but usually stayed in Chalong and always had a good time around the bars in Chalong. I'm considering making a trip there from Patong but I am wondering if it's safe to taxi at night...say 8-9 pm back to Patong? Thoughts? I would plan on going there late afternoon, my concern is the return trip during the evening hours.

Why Chalong? Some may say it's not worth the time but I have always had a great time as I enjoy the laid back atmosphere, small town feel. The girls are very friendly and not pushy. Last time there I also found quite a stunner at a bar there and ended up with short time that I still remember to this day.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    should be fine at that time of night...generally the problems with gangs are them choosing other scooter riders...and much later on...like after midnight

But I'd get a proper cab/driver rather than a Tuk tuk if you are worried...one where you can lock the doors...sometimes tuk tuk drivers have been known to be involved in these sorts of scams/robberies as well
    quiksilva likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    Going to be staying in Patong but thinking about making a trip to Chalong Pier. I have been there before but usually stayed in Chalong and always had a good time around the bars in Chalong. I'm considering making a trip there from Patong but I am wondering if it's safe to taxi at night...say 8-9 pm back to Patong? Thoughts? I would plan on going there late afternoon, my concern is the return trip during the evening hours.

Why Chalong? Some may say it's not worth the time but I have always had a great time as I enjoy the laid back atmosphere, small town feel. The girls are very friendly and not pushy. Last time there I also found quite a stunner at a bar there and ended up with short time that I still remember to this day.
    Why don't you get an affordable room in Chalong for the night, I am sure not that expensive
    This way you can relax w/o thinking about getting home all night

Also, if you meet a cutie, better to take her close than drag her to Patong
    bacwaan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Why don't you get an affordable room in Chalong for the night, I am sure not that expensive
    This way you can relax w/o thinking about getting home all night

Also, if you meet a cutie, better to take her close than drag her to Patong
    I thought about that but I wanted to finish the night on Bangla as I only have a few nights to work with as it is.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvinpatong View Post
    I thought about that but I wanted to finish the night on Bangla as I only have a few nights to work with as it is.
    Why not book a return trip with the driver that drops you off , get their phone number in case your plans change , you could also get your hotel to recommend or book the taxi
    luvinpatong likes this.

Cadet Bronze
    What’s chalong like? This will be my 6th trip to Phuket and I’m looking to explore and see more than just Patong

It's a quiet town. Most of the nightlife (bars and restaurants) are located on the street to Chalong Pier. It's somewhat quiet at night and the girls in the bars and not much to look at, but there can be a few nuggets in between. Regardless of how they look, I have always had a good time without the high pressure of buying lady drinks. During the day there isn't much to do. I used to stay there during the beginning of my Phuket vacation to enjoy some down time and golfing before heading over the hill to party in Patong.