The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Nomad
  • 1 Post By BunnyGee
  • 1 Post By OZZYGUY
  • 1 Post By BunnyGee
  • 1 Post By Notorius
  • 1 Post By Notorius

Thread: Russian and/or other Nationality Beer Bars and Agogos

Cadet Gold

Russian and/or other Nationality Beer Bars and Agogos

If this subject has already been covered, can a Mod close it and direct me to that/those Threads, please?

What information is available on bars, agogos or other establishments populated (good word) predominantly by non-Thai staff/freelancers?

I've passed the "Russian" venue above the King Seafood restaurant on Walking Street in Pattaya many times and always wondered if it is busy, who it is frequented by, are there cost-premiums to be paid or do they mirror regular, similar but Thai, establishments?

Are there other such venues in Pattaya, in Bangers, in other resorts?

Are there similar establishments catering to other predilections - Afro-Caribbean, Middle Eastern, Japanese etc?

Whilst a loyal and regular visitor to the Land of Smiles since just after the start of the century, I confess to having lead a (relatively) VERY sheltered life (compared to some of you lot), I am educatedly assuming.

One of the reasons I ask is that I was once approached by the most gorgeous black (can I say that, anymore) poppet, whilst sat at a Walking Street bar, but I was otherwise engaged at the time and this unexpected and new-found object of my desire beat a hasty retreat once it became obvious it was my dragon-lady who, almost on cue (intuitively, perhaps), emerged from the hong nam.

It got me to wondering how nice would it be to visit a bar which was packed to the gunwales with this dusky charmer and her ebony-complexioned sisters (even with poultry, I've never been much of a breast man and always preferred tucking into the dark meat as well as considering pheasant and other game far more to my palate than their pasty - chicken and turkey - cousins).

Here's hoping I may improve upon my education through the wisdom and experiences of you chaps.

Thank you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Nana EQ/Liquid/Disco will satisfy 2 of your questions on here. Half way between Bar 4 and Hanrahan on Soi 4. Staff are mostly Pinay and majority of the "customers" (i.e. girls) are African. Although can change quickly as every so often there is a crackdown on these girls in Bangkok, which is probably related to other trade further up Suk by their male countrymen (or continentmen if that is such a word. I say this because they seem to be from all over Africa, rather than predominantly from one country).

I like the small bar out the front (unrelated) in terms of live music, and you can sit out the front to people watch, yet still have a view of the band. Although, only one toilet. Me and another guy were waiting one time, and both of us busting. I headed in first, and when I came out, he had already sprung a leak!
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I like the small bar out the front (unrelated) in terms of live music, and you can sit out the front to people watch, yet still have a view of the band. Although, only one toilet. Me and another guy were waiting one time, and both of us busting. I headed in first, and when I came out, he had already sprung a leak!
    RestHub2

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r...9Y7o8jNW-22VM:
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Cadet Gold
    Is that on the same side as Hanrahans or on the left, heading down Soi 4?

It looks like an Air-Con bar.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGee View Post
    Is that on the same side as Hanrahans or on the left, heading down Soi 4?

It looks like an Air-Con bar.
    On Hanrahan/Bar 4 side. Aircon, but doors open.

Cadet Gold
    On Hanrahan/Bar 4 side. Aircon, but doors open.
    I'll check it out next time. Thanks.

It looks a bit like the front of a hotel I stayed in one time, on the other side of the road. Sat there, facing the road, one morning. Was fed the worst fkn breakfast of my life plus even though I was sat there eating it seemed every cab driving down there stopped and asked me if I wanted a cab.

I was EATING MY FUCKIN'BREAKFAST fer Chrissakes!!!!!!

They must have figured that any male falang up and about at the ungodly hour of 9am must be getting ready to head out to the airport. LOL
    Cuzzy likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Nana EQ/Liquid/Disco will satisfy 2 of your questions on here. Half way between Bar 4 and Hanrahan on Soi 4. Staff are mostly Pinay and
    Thanks Nomad, we will check that out in June with give the wife someone to chat with...55

We stay at Dawin so just up the road.

BG in my single days I had taken a few of the african freelancers in Bangers, from my expirince it was a very good expirence and great girls in both cases.
    BunnyGee likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Thanks Nomad, we will check that out in June with give the wife someone to chat with...55

We stay at Dawin so just up the road.

BG in my single days I had taken a few of the african freelancers in Bangers, from my expirince it was a very good expirence and great girls in both cases.
    Nice one OZZY.

That's two results for the price of one, Nomad (three if you count the increased traffic to the bar).

But, I'm still wondering if anyone knows of more establishments with "themed" hostesses of specific ethnicities.

If not, there's a gap in the market for chains of them everywhere as with KFC and Burger King.

Am sure I heard about a Japanese place on Suk but maybe that meant it catered to Japanese (rather than provided them).

There's gay spots and straight spots with most being a mixture (especially if we consider ladyboy interaction to be "gay").

We also have at least one dedicated Caucasian venue in the Soviet Club on Walking St, Patts.

All I'm saying is that we wouldn't go to Lego-Land and expect to come out with a bag full of Play-Doh, would we?

No. When we go to Lego-Land we know to expect to see lots of Lego
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Platinum
    Never been to any. Friend of mine used to go every night for half an hour every night. He said that you could buy 20 minutes conversation bu buying them a pot of tea for 300-400 baht. He said that they were quite talkative during that time and he liked the chats as a precursor to the evening. But when time was up, finished.

I have seen guys take them out of the bars and while absolutelu beautiful they just seemed cold and indifferent and just sat. Couldnt have been enjoyable. I heard that st can be up to 25k and there is always the fear that you will get the sh1t beat out of u by a russian pimp. If you want a russian or similar then Ukraine would be a better choice. Women hugely outnumber men. Dont understand why guys go to thailand to seek out european women. Especially when it never looks any way enjoyable.
    Cuzzy likes this.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    Never been to any. Friend of mine used to go every night for half an hour every night. He said that you could buy 20 minutes conversation bu buying them a pot of tea for 300-400 baht. He said that they were quite talkative during that time and he liked the chats as a precursor to the evening. But when time was up, finished.

I have seen guys take them out of the bars and while absolutelu beautiful they just seemed cold and indifferent and just sat. Couldnt have been enjoyable. I heard that st can be up to 25k and there is always the fear that you will get the sh1t beat out of u by a russian pimp. If you want a russian or similar then Ukraine would be a better choice. Women hugely outnumber men. Dont understand why guys go to thailand to seek out european women. Especially when it never looks any way enjoyable.
    Assuming you're talking of the Soviet Club, I agree. I wonder who their punter's are.

Maybe they are the stereotypical (but likely non-existent) Western guys who can't shag a Western lass so come to Asia only to find they can't shag an Eastern lass either so think "bollocks to it, I might as well go for broke and see if I can shag a Western lass, in the East".

Platinum
    Assuming you're talking of the Soviet Club, I agree. I wonder who their punter's are.

Maybe they are the stereotypical (but likely non-existent) Western guys who can't shag a Western lass so come to Asia only to find they can't shag an Eastern lass either so think "bollocks to it, I might as well go for broke and see if I can shag a Western lass, in the East".
    No, it was in phuket. The one with the girls danceing in the glass balcony.

I also heard of a scam involving a beautiful russian girl chatting up a guy at his pool in his hotel. Asks can she go back to room and bangs him. Then says 30k or he gets beaten up. I am not thatt bad looking and always confident chatting girls up. But no way would I fall for a supermodel wanting to go back to my room after 20 minutes of small talk. Well unless she was Irish.

Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    No, it was in phuket. The one with the girls danceing in the glass balcony.

I also heard of a scam involving a beautiful russian girl chatting up a guy at his pool in his hotel. Asks can she go back to room and bangs him. Then says 30k or he gets beaten up. I am not thatt bad looking and always confident chatting girls up. But no way would I fall for a supermodel wanting to go back to my room after 20 minutes of small talk. Well unless she was Irish.
    I've heard of that scam, too.

I thought it was an urban myth. Still may be............ but a cautionary tale, nonetheless.

The day a Supermodel propositions me though will be when RyanAir offer budget skiing flights to hell. LOL

Platinum
    I've heard of that scam, too.

I thought it was an urban myth. Still may be............ but a cautionary tale, nonetheless.

The day a Supermodel propositions me though will be when RyanAir offer budget skiing flights to hell. LOL
    Ryanair would actually offer flights to hell adjacent and charge for shuttlebus to the fires while selling scratch cards with a chance to go to heaven.
    BunnyGee likes this.

Nana EQ/Liquid/Disco will satisfy 2 of your questions on here. Half way between Bar 4 and Hanrahan on Soi 4. Staff are mostly Pinay and majority of the "customers" (i.e. girls) are African.
    EQ closed again! Apparently acquired by Hillary Group and will be the new location for Climax.