The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Beer Bar etiquette for a newbie.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    No idea ... it's a convenience thing for me , if I like a Bar , such as MTB , Secrets or any of the others that have been my regulars over the years then BF multiple girls works for me , the owners seem pretty happy with it as well ..
    I'm with you... If a girl is keen I don't care which bar they work at.
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Joca, lots of good comments here and you will find we all have different experiences and ideas.

I was like you on my 1st trip (even worse 55) What I would say to you is do whatever feels comfortable for YOU! If you don't feel good taking another girl from the same bar, there are plenty more next door or up the Soi.

As has been said, don't think of all BG's as not a normal TG. I will also say that the BG's have a different understanding about sex, to them it is more like an exercise workout with a good feeling and getting paid for it.
    This is because most BG's have come from lower socio economic situations and many would have experienced a lot of different sex from when they were young girls, a lot of time by family or friends...so it is viewed differently than how we do.

As has been said tell them you are butterfly on a holiday, work out the expectation on both sides at the outset and there won't be any problem. remember they are experts at pushing emotional buttons but if you think of it all as entertainment, and have fun you will find they will relax and enjoy getting what they can, what you give them.

A lot of the girls will want to stay after a ST if it is late because they get to sleep in a good bed, air Cond. etc instead of going back to a single room with just a pillow on concrete and 3 other girls in it. Others won't because they have a husband or boyfriend waiting for them at home.

Just enjoy all the different experiences
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Probably depends how busy the bar is... a high turnover of customers and the girls won't mind sharing... but if slow... BGs can get quite possessive... so best using common sense... if you sense there will be drama.. there probably will be... 55
    Last edited by Distantpeak; 24th November 2018 at 18:35.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    ^ forum is very slow today..double posted after a long time-out
    Sorry, database backup took a while.
    bacwaan likes this.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Sorry, database backup took a while.
    just dropped that in to let you know..glad it was for a known reason
    Ian Forbes and Bacon like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    just dropped that in to let you know..glad it was for a known reason
    I thought it was all my useless Hotel's 3BB internet fault. What a piece of crap that outfit is.

Cadet
    So tonight about 11 days after I returned from Ao Nang I get the expected message from the bar girl i saw a couple of times So basically went like this its actually word by word "How R U "
    My reply "Good what are U up to winning at pool ?"
    Not Win
    No good at my work
    No customers here
    Cause I have no money
    So sad
    My reply" You Ok I have no money spend all with you " Do all guys start messaging in broken english like me ?
    I know
    My reply " Have a good night "
    U too
    I thought it was going to be harder with a lot of bigger bullshit stories
    Ian Forbes likes this.

^It will... they usually warm you up first...
    OZZYGUY likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    So tonight about 11 days after I returned from Ao Nang I get the expected message from the bar girl i saw a couple of times So basically went like this its actually word by word "How R U "
    My reply "Good what are U up to winning at pool ?"
    Not Win
    No good at my work
    No customers here
    Cause I have no money
    So sad
    My reply" You Ok I have no money spend all with you " Do all guys start messaging in broken english like me ?
    I know
    My reply " Have a good night "
    U too
    I thought it was going to be harder with a lot of bigger bullshit stories
    That happens to a lot of us after a long stay in Thailand. I find myself speaking "pidgin English" to my Canadian friends. They look at me weird if I don't catch myself.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    That happens to a lot of us after a long stay in Thailand. I find myself speaking "pidgin English" to my Canadian friends. They look at me weird if I don't catch myself.
    I use to talk to my wife like that in the beginning. Also my son did. It annoyed the shit out of her and she eventually told us to stop it....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    I use to talk to my wife like that in the beginning. Also my son did. It annoyed the shit out of her and she eventually told us to stop it....
    I think guys look like absolute fools when they do this
    Especially at home outside of Thailand

It works and can be needed in the bar environment or someone who really speaks limited English that you don't know

But anyone else you are insulting them and making you and them look foolish

Even 8-9yrs ago I wrote my texts properly and just made my wife figure them out

PS.....wouldn't your wife be pretty fluent in English well before she met you?
    Hopefully she doesn't have a Boston accent 5555
    Buksida likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I think guys look like absolute fools when they do this
    Especially at home outside of Thailand

It works and can be needed in the bar environment or someone who really speaks limited English that you don't know

But anyone else you are insulting them and making you and them look foolish

Even 8-9yrs ago I wrote my texts properly and just made my wife figure them out

PS.....wouldn't your wife be pretty fluent in English well before she met you?
    Hopefully she doesn't have a Boston accent 5555
    I agree it is stupid plus how are they to learn English better when you talk like that

Yes her English has Americano / Boston accent well before she met me. So do the kids..... 55

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Absolutely not a fan of using 'pidgin English'. Rather just speak slowly and clearly.

But it is 10 times worse when some farang expat decides that is how he needs to speak to me. Then I am not interested in any conversation with him at all..
    OZZYGUY and Buksida like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Absolutely not a fan of using 'pidgin English'. Rather just speak slowly and clearly.

But it is 10 times worse when some farang expat decides that is how he needs to speak to me. Then I am not interested in any conversation with him at all..
    so solly........
    PeteGill likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar

I find 'pidgin English' a lot more understandable than some of the slang that so called native English speakers use.. 555
    PeteGill, Nomad, Moo Uaon and 2 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Tingtong's Avatar
    ^ gidayematehowsyabumforgrubs ? like that 555
    PeteGill likes this.

Cadet silver

Couldn't agree more.

When you are around it a lot, then it's hard NOT to pick up certain slang. After my Canadian sister had been living in London, England for 20 years she sounded just like a Brit... with a totally London accent and no trace of Canadian accent. She sounded more British than her British husband.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    I'm with you... If a girl is keen I don't care which bar they work at.
    I had a few more questions when it comes to bar girls that I thought about when I was in Thailand and thought about back here in Oz.
    Without offending anyone my god there was some obnoxious guys in the beer bars one guy that stood out an english guy that would have been early 50's the loudest person I have ever heard in my life and very abrasive as in his idea of a good night would be to piss people off and be in a fight. I spoke to him for a few minutes but i distanced myself as i could see he was a total asshole.I moved to the beer bar next door but saw a BG hanging around him what sort of worried me a little what do some of these BG's put up with and what happens if they get someone that is violent or refuses to pay? The BG's I met took payment the next morning I always honoured my payment even if they left early.
    We also want different things when it comes to sex I never asked any girl what they do before bar fining is this normal or do you guys ask again not a big deal but interested in replies.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Joca,

The lowlives will always be a feature of the landscape, but don't worry, the girls aren't always alone or without protection. If some prick decides to get violent or not pay, he better have shagged her at the gate right before boarding his plane.
    Last edited by Bacon; 6th December 2018 at 23:11.
    PeteGill and Ian Forbes like this.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast