The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Beer Bar etiquette for a newbie.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Man you sure put a lot of thought into an Ariana Grande song!! 5555

It's a fire song and the video with Tributes to Mean Girls, Bring It On and Legally Blond was smart

I honestly never put a thought into what she is saying
    Again, it's an Ariana Grande song....
    My response comes from her reaction to the Manchester bombing.. Acting like she was the victim rather than the girls who died or the parents losing a child..
    When she capitalized on that with the song "no tears left to cry".. Thank-U-Next, get this bitch out of my face...
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    My response comes from her reaction to the Manchester bombing.. Acting like she was the victim rather than the girls who died or the parents losing a child..
    When she capitalized on that with the song "no tears left to cry".. Thank-U-Next, get this bitch out of my face...
    You really put too much thought into Ariana Grande as a middle aged doctor 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    You really put too much thought into Ariana Grande as a middle aged doctor 555
    Have some children and see who they choose for their role-models... 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Have some children and see who they choose for their role-models... 555

Lucky for me, mine were all drug and sex crazes rockers when I was growing up. I wanted to be just like Ozzie 5555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    I wanted to be just like Ozzie 5555
    You wanted to be like me..........55

Last edited by OZZYGUY; 9th December 2018 at 15:33.
    Quarky and PeteGill like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    You wanted to be like me..........55

Yip, but with hair 5555
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Cadet
    True that!

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Lucky for me, mine were all drug and sex crazes rockers when I was growing up. I wanted to be just like Ozzie 5555
    I often wonder do role models and things like tv shows, movies and computer games influence what we become as adults. I don’t think it does. For instance I was obsessed with pac man as a kid and played it solidly for hours during my formative years. If it did influence me I would be spending my free time in warehouses, listening to techno munching pills.....oh sh1t.
    PeteGill likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    I often wonder do role models and things like tv shows, movies and computer games influence what we become as adults. I don’t think it does. For instance I was obsessed with pac man as a kid and played it solidly for hours during my formative years. If it did influence me I would be spending my free time in warehouses, listening to techno munching pills.....oh sh1t.
    They didn't affect me. We didn't have a TV in our home until I was a young adult.

I think I told this story a long time ago, but here goes again.
    I would not allow a TV in my own home until my daughter was 12, and even then I didn't want one. We had family time together playing games. It wasn't until I came home from work one day and my daughter's friend had given her their old Black and white TV. I was pissed off, but got out-voted by my wife, my son and my daughter. We had that old black and white TV for two years until one day I threw it off the balcony because the two kids were fighting over what program they wanted to watch. Then I happily move my easy chair back into place.

The next day I came home from work to see my daughter had rolled the old TV back up the steps and into our home. She had the back off and wires hanging out, but with a pair of pliers in one hand and a screw driver in the other... and... most of all... a bull dog look of determination in her eyes. I just laughed and went back to my reading. But, an hour later she had that old RCA working again.

I shrugged, gave up, and the next day went out and bought a brand new colour TV. I've had to suffer through it ever since... and worst of all, we no longer had family time playing games together.
    justcruzing1, Nomad and OZZYGUY like this.

What's a black and white TV ?

Like do black people have different channels?
    Ian Forbes and Buksida like this.

What's a black and white TV ?

Like do black people have different channels?
    First TV I ever saw was a 12 inch black and white with a slightly fuzzy picture. It was 1950 in the Chicago yacht club where we had towed our families 24 ft Star class racing sailboat all the way from the west coast... about 3000 miles. I was mesmerized by the TV. I was only 11 at the time.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Cadet silver
    First colour TV I ever saw was in Thailand.

That's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    First colour TV I ever saw was in Thailand.

That's embarrassing.
    Sounds more like you had a more interesting life that didn't NEED a TV to keep you happy.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Sounds more like you had a more interesting life that didn't NEED a TV to keep you happy.
    Fxuk that!

I have had and still have an interesting life

And I don't spend a ton of time watching TV

But I can go for a great hike on a Saturday morning and still come babk and veg out and watch football and a movie on my 65" flat screen 555

Fxuk that!

I have had and still have an interesting life

And I don't spend a ton of time watching TV

But I can go for a great hike on a Saturday morning and still come babk and veg out and watch football and a movie on my 65" flat screen 555
    Same can be said for myself, but I only have a 52 inch TV. The colour and sharpness is amazing though. However, I try not wasting a whole weekend watching NFL.

I'm talking more of kids growing up and keeping active.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I only have a 52 inch TV.
    e.
    Its cool how TV's get bigger as we get older and our eye sight isnt as good.........55
    Quarky likes this.

Anything bigger than 50 inches you need 4k else it looks pretty blurry... remember when HD seemed incredible... 55
    Ian Forbes and OZZYGUY like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Anything bigger than 50 inches you need 4k else it looks pretty blurry... remember when HD seemed incredible... 55
    Im finding everthing looks blurry these days...........55
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.

Its cool how TV's get bigger as we get older and our eye sight isnt as good.........55
    In my case it was a case of bad luck - good luck. I used to have a huge 37 inch TV that took two guys to carry it. It was great with sharp definition and colour, but after 5 or 6 years it died on me after too many power surges... even with a surge protector. I repaced it with one of the better 48 inch flat creen TVs, but the sharpness wasn't as good. I had it for 4 years until it also died from too many power outages and power surges. So, off to Best Buy to purchase a new one... my present 52 in Toshiba. WOW! is all I can say. What an improvement! It has amazing sharp detail and excellent colour. When I watch sports I can see the finest detail including beads of sweat on athletes faces. I decided on the 52 inch because it is small enough for me to move by myself if I have to.

I also bought a special battery that goes between my surge protector and the TV. That keeps the TV running for a few seconds even when there is a power outage. I no longer have to worry about power surges screwing up the electronics.
    OZZYGUY likes this.

How often did you change the surge protector Ian? They are usually only good for so many and then lose their protection. Though usually a little green light to tell you...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast