Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Beer Bar etiquette for a newbie.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    How often did you change the surge protector Ian? They are usually only good for so many and then lose their protection. Though usually a little green light to tell you...
    A couple of times, DP, but obviously not enough. We have a lot of outages. The problem occurs when the power goes off, but then suddenly comes back on.
    Quarky likes this.

One thing I have noticed about this forum, is that threads go off topic frequently and the first thing a BM sees when viewing the thread is the off topic threads, which obviously bear no resemblance to the title, so move on without looking at the original post and subsequent replies.

So posts die, I guess.
    kaptainrob likes this.
    Cheers

Scottie

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    One thing I have noticed about this forum, is that threads go off topic frequently and the first thing a BM sees when viewing the thread is the off topic threads, which obviously bear no resemblance to the title, so move on without looking at the original post and subsequent replies.

So posts die, I guess.
    As someone new, I see this and makes it hard to comment on threads more than a few weeks or maybe days old as they are nothing like the title by that stage. I suppose you could bring it back on topic if you don't read them after they go off topic, but the problem is the off topic stuff is just as interesting.

As a suggestion, maybe mod's need to nip it in the butt a bit quicker and move the off topic stuff to a new thread, so that way you still have both (or more) interesting threads to read and follow.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Posts do get cut out of threads sometimes and form new threads, but that's usually because the subject is interesting enough to warrant it. Otherwise the general mood of the forum is more like a bar setting with random banter, rather than informational. Other times some subjects naturally lead to other subjects that also need exploring. The thread is seemingly derailed, but then reemerges with itself with far richer content.

This does affect the newbies or people just looking for info though. That is true.

On the other hand BMs don't give people too much shit about starting new threads asking generic questions. Or asking them again in an older thread. The nature of travel and the types of questions that come up are so transitory that most info older than a few months is more or less obsolete anyway. Especially when it comes to visas, prices, etc. If you're reading posts older than 6 months you might as well be looking through the dead sea scrolls. Interesting maybe, but fuck all use 55.

That said, I think it wouldn't hurt to try and stay on track as much as possible.
    Last edited by Bacon; 7th March 2019 at 17:32.
    Quarky and Ian Forbes like this.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Posts do get cut out of threads sometimes and form new threads, but that's usually because the subject is interesting enough to warrant it. Otherwise the general mood of the forum is more like a bar setting with random banter, rather than informational. Other times some subjects naturally lead to other subjects that also need exploring. The thread is seemingly derailed, but then reemerges with itself with far richer content.

This does affect the newbies or people just looking for info though. That is true.

On the other hand BMs don't give people too much shit about starting new threads asking generic questions. Or asking them again in an older thread. The nature of travel and the types of questions that come up are so transitory that most info older than a few months is more or less obsolete anyway. Especially when it comes to visas, prices, etc. If you're reading posts older than 6 months you might as well be looking through the dead sea scrolls. Interesting maybe, but fuck all use 55.

That said, I think it wouldn't hurt to try and stay on track as much as possible.
    Not so much as keep it on track but split them so you double the amount of threads or topics to respond too. Take this thread as an example and what we are now talking about hahaha.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    What is the 3 three night rule?
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    How long a thread on a forum should last? or something about beer bar's I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Never more than 3 pops per night. Or you lose the excitement factor...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Not sure about that. 1 of the best lays I've had in Thailand was a nurse and we went a lot more than 3 times.

Depends on your stamina I guess.

Or the size of your pop... 55

I was being facetious by the way. I knew he meant no more than 3 nights with one girl....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Don't spend more than 3 nights with a bar girl or they get clingy.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Took me a few trips to stick to that rule. These days I prefer to only ST. That way I get a nice sleep and can get up early.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Don't spend more than 3 nights with a bar girl or they get clingy.
    Sometimes it’s the customer who gets clingy!

I’ve learned the hard way that ST is best - with the occasional LT.
    briofoz likes this.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    Sometimes itís the customer who gets clingy!

Iíve learned the hard way that ST is best - with the occasional LT.
    I spent 5 nights over a week with one girl recently just at night though, i did get to start to like her so for me personally the 3 night rule probably should apply. I know other guys do it but I could not take a girl away with me for say 5+ days holidays and hangout with her 24/7 as I think I would start to develop some type of feeling towards her especially if you get on well.
    Also that same girl I spent 5 nights with I had a friend with me that night when I first met her, its a tricky situation as I think he liked her to, as my friend was staying a lot longer on holidays got this feeling he might have started to see when i left. He is not a close friend but personally I think its a no go area any thoughts on this?

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    ............Also that same girl I spent 5 nights with I had a friend with me that night when I first met her, its a tricky situation as I think he liked her to, as my friend was staying a lot longer on holidays got this feeling he might have started to see when i left. He is not a close friend but personally I think its a no go area any thoughts on this?
    @stillearly - any comments!!!!!!!

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    @stillearly - any comments!!!!!!!

Refer Visa section of forum 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    I think its a no go area any thoughts on this?
    Up to the girl, networking is usually how they make their money in a red light district. Your friend is just the next guy in line.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Up to the girl, networking is usually how they make their money in a red light district. Your friend is just the next guy in line.
    Even with marriages it is a bit much to expect a woman to remain faithful if the man is away 5 to 8 months of the year. It's bad enough in North America where a man might have to work out of town for several months. The P4P working women have seen too many "boyfriends" just disappear in the past, and never come back.

This thing with girls. Don't you find with age you grow out if it? Apart from the sex. Don't you find the thought of spending romantic time with a girl a rather quaint notion. Like how you loved sports cars as a kid. But are now happy with a tuk tuk?

My strongest feelings for women were probably from about aged 16 to 22. After that I noticed my feelings weakened with every passing year. I used to fall in love constantly when young. Now I haven't felt anything for at least ten years. And even then nothing real strong for at least 20 years.

Do most older guy's find that?
    Last edited by Quarky; 9th March 2019 at 00:26.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    This thing with girls. Don't you find with age you grow out if it? Apart from the sex. Don't you find the thought of spending romantic time with a girl a rather quaint notion. Like how you loved sports cars as a kid. But are now happy with a tuk tuk?

My strongest feelings for women were probably from about aged 16 to 22. After that I noticed my feelings weakened with every passing year. I used to fall in love constantly when young. Now I haven't felt anything for at least ten years. And even then nothing real strong for at least 20 years.

Do most older guy's find that?
    Give me a 25 year old prossy any day...
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast