The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Beer Bar etiquette for a newbie.

Cadet

Beer Bar etiquette for a newbie.

Hi everyone new member introduced myself a couple of days ago. I am basically clueless about beer bars returned last week from Ao Nang Krabi which has a small beer bar area its down a dead end lane way it only has one entrance. Anyway spent a few nights (about 5 out of 9 nights) there I like playing pool and talking to the girls (and more), my biggest mistake i visited the first few beer bars as you enter so i never made it to the ones further down as they would suck me in as soon as they saw me.
    Seems like a lot of bitchiness between the bar girls I know they view me as a cash machine in general. I dont want to offend anyone so a couple of questions I actually asked a few english guys I met but they were clueless like me.
    How do you reject girls that you dont find that interesting/attractive that sit with you ?
    Is it possible to take home a different girl from the same beer bar without offending the first girl i did not even try this as i could see there could be problems.
    So on a typical night I would walk in go past Amys bar which is the most professional and has the hottest girls they dont have a pool table so would go past and play pool next door then a girl from Amys bar that i did see on a previous night would text me what are you doing at the popcorn bar playing pool with the old woman (she was 32).
    At the end I actually felt a bit uncomfortable going in there to be honest i enjoyed my time there but not sure if all beer bars are the same and what the rules are any views appreciated

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    I was in Ao Nang last January for my first time. Did some snorkeling and diving. I hung out at the same beer bar area as you. I've been going to the Beer Bars every year for the last 10 years so have figured out the etiquette to suit me. You being a newbie will have your natural civilized Western empathy for the girls. And not want to hurt anyone's feelings that comes on to you. First thing you need to do is shut that system down. It's all business now. If you're not interested just tell them no thank you with a smile. It's that easy. And practice makes perfect...55

Your 2nd question is more advanced. Taking a girl from a bar you already took a different girl from the night before. Let the girls know right away that you are a Butterfly. You want to go from flower to flower. That way expectations are already aired. But you never know how unstable a BG can be sometimes. So tread lightly...555
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Your money..your rules...

if a gal sits next to you who you are not interested in...just tell her..."tonight I look for another lady"..don't buy her a drink and don't engage in conversation or play games with her...if she is persistent and it is necessary, finish your drink (or not) and go take a leak...then go sit with whomever you prefer in the bar..or move bars altogether...it may sound a little harsh but they eventually get the message..and have seen much worse

as for the 2 girls one bar..that's a little trickier..I usually give it a day or two before going back...but I wouldn't let it put me off..just be honest and tell the first gal (if she asks) that you are a "butterfly" and tonight you "want to try a new lady"...once again they might not like it but they get the message..and begrudgingly appreciate the honesty

The biggest mistake guys make is lying and making false promises...almost everything else is forgiveable in the bar scene..do not lie...it understandably hurts..unneccessarily...no one enjoys being lied to
    Rockitt, Ian Forbes and Stillearly like this.

Ha Ha...the two biggest Butterflies on the board responded in kind...5555
    bacwaan likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    You'll figure it out eventually.

If a girl sits down next to me wanting a drink and I'm not interested, I'll just say "maybe another time". Had one girl try this on at one of the Hilary bars in Nana. She was persistent then after a while grabbed her purse and went off in a huff.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    As you're an Aussie once you have brought a girl a drink , then that's it ... next step go to the fiancÚ visa area of the board

I concur with the advise already given above .... your money , your rules , just don't bullsh1t them
    Last edited by Stillearly; 23rd November 2018 at 02:38.

Don't listen to any of them... go in and fuck'em all!

Only then will you know which one you like...
    Dupree and Stillearly like this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Not a butterfly, and not having the same issues most of the time...

But I don't buy the "your money, your rules" policy..
    I do much prefer the "honesty" policy.. Don't ask for etiquette on this board, ask it in the bar..
    Tell them what you like and how you can.. I don't think there would be a problem if you tell a girl you would like to barfine her but would like to barfine another girl from the same bar the next day..
    Just be upfront with it, don't treat a girl like your girlfriend to dump her the next day...
    Distantpeak likes this.

Platinum
    Couple of things I noticed is if they see you buying drinks for a few you will be surrounded. It makes for fun but can get ridiculous. If you like someone and they are a bit of craic by all means by them a drink.

Don’t buy into all that jealous crap. It’s a mind game. If you want to see other bars just say I’m going to see other bars. Don’t think you have to lie about it. If you are playing games don’t be buying drinks for all the hangers on. If you take a girl say hello the next night but if you know you aren’t going to take her say you big airport tonight.

Enjoy yourself. Don’t let any other person enjoy your holiday. One thing. Don’t get jealous if you see a girl with another guy. That’s the way it is. Good for the goose is good for the gander and all that.
    justcruzing1 and OZZYGUY like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Wish I made a post like this the first time I went. Good advice.

Dont forget the one night rule and dont fall in lust
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    Not a butterfly, and not having the same issues most of the time...

But I don't buy the "your money, your rules" policy..
    I do much prefer the "honesty" policy.. Don't ask for etiquette on this board, ask it in the bar..
    Tell them what you like and how you can.. I don't think there would be a problem if you tell a girl you would like to barfine her but would like to barfine another girl from the same bar the next day..
    Just be upfront with it, don't treat a girl like your girlfriend to dump her the next day...
    Just tell them you're butterfly man a number of times. Work it into conversations as a joke. Of course, all the honestly in the world doesn't mean they won't get clingy the next time you come back, but at least you've made your point.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZYGUY View Post
    Wish I made a post like this the first time I went. Good advice.

Dont forget the one night rule and dont fall in lust
    But is that just another rule whereas there shouldn’t be any rules as long as you are having a good time. People put obstacles and rules in front of themselves which can detract from their experience. As long as you are honest and don’t make false promises the girls will know. It’s when guys say I will be back or will take you with no intention and see you with someone else then issues start.

Also if you like a girl and want to stay and have a mini gfe then go for it. Some guys abide by the one night rule even if they don’t really want to.
    OZZYGUY and Stillearly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    But is that just another rule whereas there shouldn’t be any rules as long as you are having a good time. People put obstacles and rules in front of themselves which can detract from their experience. As long as you are honest and don’t make false promises the girls will know. It’s when guys say I will be back or will take you with no intention and see you with someone else then issues start.

Also if you like a girl and want to stay and have a mini gfe then go for it. Some guys abide by the one night rule even if they don’t really want to.
    BTW I never really stuck to the one night rule..........55

But yeah making false promises "maybe later" etc are not such a good idea.

Just being up front and honest, they are use to it.

Never heard of the one day rule .... it was always a three day rule .. but I agree it's boll0cks really ,if you are both having fun , then carry on , again as long as you both understand it's a holiday thing
    OZZYGUY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Never heard of the one day rule .... it was always a three day rule .. but I agree it's boll0cks really ,if you are both having fun , then carry on , again as long as you both understand it's a holiday thing
    7 year rule sort of happened a few times....55
    Rivo, Rockitt, Ian Forbes and 1 others like this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    say you big airport tonight.
    You never got to the international space station or galaxy stage? 55
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    You never got to the international space station or galaxy stage? 55
    Well one girl did say I was same NASA one trip. Got a kick out of that.

Well one girl did say I was same NASA one trip. Got a kick out of that.
    i'm impressed ... that a TG would know what NASA is

Butterfly , Helicopter and Airport are as far as I've been ... must try harder

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    i'm impressed ... that a TG would know what NASA is

Butterfly , Helicopter and Airport are as far as I've been ... must try harder
    It was a bg who had lived in the states and had been to the Kennedy space centre. Always amazed at how internationally aware the bgs are becoming. Such a difference from when I first started going where most wouldn’t have a clue of anything outside Thailand. Now getting texts saying they were so sad after particular international incidents such as greenfell flats fire. I’m waiting for a ‘what you tink brexit?’.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast