Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: delete this old crap pleeeeese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ when was that?
    I've only got as high as high 32s the last 13 years or so.
    I got 35.3? back in March 2010 then when I went back the 2nd time it was down to 33.??? that was only a few months after I had come back.

At one time the $AU was over the US dollar so I would think it would have been strong against THB

I remember Chob was looking at transferring a reasonable amount at the time so he may remember what the rate was then.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    ^ In the past 10 x years the highest ever exchange rate for aud to baht was 33.7........feb 2012
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    ^ In the past 10 x years the highest ever exchange rate for aud to baht was 33.7........feb 2012
    XE 10 year chart says that the highest have been 33,3511

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The official published rates may be as you say but I am sure I got 35 on the street in 2010.

The Average over the last 30 years has been 25.622

The lowest = 16.260baht on the 29th Sept 1993
    The highest = 36.569Baht on the 28 Jan 1998

https://www.ofx.com/en-au/forex-news...xchange-rates/

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    The official published rates may be as you say but I am sure I got 35 on the street in 2010.

The highest official rate in 2010 was 30.6357Baht.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I loved my trip to Thailand last November to Ao Nang (Krabi) at the time i was getting 23 baht to 1 AUD I thought prices were ok still, beer 100 baht for a large Chang at some bars, you can eat some amazing food for a few dollars still. At the moment I only go on holidays so not a big deal compared to living there I suppose. Its always a bonus though when things are cheaper than you expect such as beer prices in Vietnam where you can get sloshed for $10.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    I couldn't get enough baht @ high 32s to the AUD.
    I was changing 10k at a time then.
    Lasted me right up to when I came back home and the rate had dropped a lot.
    Certainly makes the place a whole lot cheaper at those numbers.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I never think in terms of Australian dollars. For a good number of years the Canadian dollar was higher than the Aussie dollar, but now they are pretty much at a par. I don't keep records, but I could probably go back through my old Thai bank books and check. I do know that around 1998 I got close to 40 baht to the Canadian dollar, and about 6 or 7 years ago I got almost 32 baht to the dollar. For a while the Canadian dollar was higher than the US dollar, but now the Canadian dollar is in free fall and showing no signs of stopping. It doesn't help having a selfie taking idiot as a Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I never think in terms of Australian dollars. For a good number of years the Canadian dollar was higher than the Aussie dollar, but now they are pretty much at a par. I don't keep records, but I could probably go back through my old Thai bank books and check. I do know that around 1998 I got close to 40 baht to the Canadian dollar, and about 6 or 7 years ago I got almost 32 baht to the dollar. For a while the Canadian dollar was higher than the US dollar, but now the Canadian dollar is in free fall and showing no signs of stopping. It doesn't help having a selfie taking idiot as a Prime Minister.
    And yet it's remained pretty stable against the pound for the last 5 years...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Ok I'll stand corrected....maybe it was 30.5???

Last night I went back to my 1st TR, what I had left from PI and although there wasn't a mention of a rate I did the conversion on my dentistry costs and what I had equated it to back home and it came in at 30.5.

I just exchanged $300 Canadian dollars and got a 22.87 exchange rate. I hope the almost 6900 baht lasts for another 10 days.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    I just exchanged $300 Canadian dollars and got a 22.87 exchange rate. I hope the almost 6900 baht lasts for another 10 days.
    Where are you exchanging money because that is a pretty bad rate although for 300cad it really doesn't make much of a difference

But you should be getting around 23.50

But again, for 300cad it makes really no difference

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Where are you exchanging money because that is a pretty bad rate although for 300cad it really doesn't make much of a difference

But you should be getting around 23.50

But again, for 300cad it makes really no difference
    At a SCB bank where I have had my Thai account for the past 20 years. I'm not going to quibble over a few dollars. I'm only here for another week and I have to ride up to the border tomorrow to do my final visa run. Too bad that the Thai government doesn't make it easier for long term tourists who leave a LOT of money in the country, but that is just the way it is.

At a SCB bank where I have had my Thai account for the past 20 years. I'm not going to quibble over a few dollars. I'm only here for another week and I have to ride up to the border tomorrow to do my final visa run. Too bad that the Thai government doesn't make it easier for long term tourists who leave a LOT of money in the country, but that is just the way it is.
    It literally is only less than 200baht, so no biggie

But if you are moving decent money it adds up

I just wired 10k cad(Nut's tuition) and that is 8500baht difference

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    . I'm only here for another week and I have to ride up to the border tomorrow to do my final visa run. Too bad that the Thai government doesn't make it easier for long term tourists who leave a LOT of money in the country, but that is just the way it is.
    The government says you can go to the border once for a 6 month stay on TV's but you choose to do it twice. Totally your call.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Not to be rude but the money you spend in Thailand barely does anything for Thailand's economy

You aren't exactly a sought after expat who is paying taxes, employing people or even just spending decent money
    Moo Uaon likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Not to be rude but the money you spend in Thailand barely does anything for Thailand's economy

You aren't exactly a sought after expat who is paying taxes, employing people or even just spending decent money
    Any single person is irrelevant but the tourist industry is work 70 billion dollars annually to Thailand. That is a huge part of the Thai economy.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Yeah Thailand would be more on par with Vietnam without tourism.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorius View Post
    Any single person is irrelevant but the tourist industry is work 70 billion dollars annually to Thailand. That is a huge part of the Thai economy.
    He lives in a room that is like 5k baht a month and spends 60baht on his meals
    Believe me, they aren't worried about losing his business 5555

By the way way, I'm not having a go at Ian, it's just a fact

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast