Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: delete this old crap pleeeeese

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    He lives in a room that is like 5k baht a month and spends 60baht on his meals
    Believe me, they aren't worried about losing his business 5555

By the way way, I'm not having a go at Ian, it's just a fact
    Yeah I agree I think they care about the 10 day tourist staying at the nice hotels, doing tours, going shopping etc.

That's where the money is in the tourist industry!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Not to be rude but the money you spend in Thailand barely does anything for Thailand's economy

You aren't exactly a sought after expat who is paying taxes, employing people or even just spending decent money
    I would say that the $7000 Canadian that I freely give to several Thai families is no small amount. Or, the $3000 I spend on travel within Thailand helps the economy. I can only do that it I stay in a 5000 baht a month hotel and eat 50 baht meals most of the time.

Of course, Your thinking is along the same lines as the Thai government... keep the low paid middle income earners educated just enough to survive.

There are lots and lots of farang expats trying to survive in Thailand on a pension of less than 30,000 baht a month.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I would say that the $7000 Canadian that I freely give to several Thai families is no small amount. Or, the $3000 I spend on travel within Thailand helps the economy. I can only do that it I stay in a 5000 baht a month hotel and eat 50 baht meals most of the time.

Of course, Your thinking is along the same lines as the Thai government... keep the low paid middle income earners educated just enough to survive.

There are lots and lots of farang expats trying to survive in Thailand on a pension of less than 30,000 baht a month.
    And those people, like yourself, aren't who the Thai government, want staying in their country yet it's people like you who constantly bitch and moan about the situation

You should be thanking them profusely because you wouldn't be welcomed in many other countries in your situation
    You simply add very little to the economy

You certainly wouldn't be allowed to stay in Canada with the money you spend

So instead of bashing the Thai govt you should be thankful they put up with guys like yourself that add very little to their economy

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    And those people, like yourself, aren't who the Thai government, want staying in their country yet it's people like you who constantly bitch and moan about the situation

You should be thanking them profusely because you wouldn't be welcomed in many other countries in your situation
    You simply add very little to the economy

You certainly wouldn't be allowed to stay in Canada with the money you spend

So instead of bashing the Thai govt you should be thankful they put up with guys like yourself that add very little to their economy
    Wow! I didn't realize that the "proper" tourists spent $10,000 on a 3 week holiday, and continue to do it over a period of 20 years.. I guess 230,000 baht is chicken feed to you.

I think Ian is probably what you term the older Backpacker... and nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't mind his life style at all! And though there are probably very few countries you could live like that... would he be costing the Thai govt more than he spends? Doubtful...

But it's not that the Thai govt doesn't want people like him... it's just that they want more of the high spending Chinese tourists who come in for a week, drop a tonne of money and vanish...

More bang for your buck... 55
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Wow! I didn't realize that the "proper" tourists spent $10,000 on a 3 week holiday, and continue to do it over a period of 20 years.. I guess 230,000 baht is chicken feed to you.
    That means you spend, what, 1500cad/mo, don't pay taxes, don't employ any people
    And you think that is attractive to a foreign govt?

And all you do is bitch about that govt and their ways?
    You should be thanking your lucky stars they allow someone who adds almost nothing to the country to stay their country for an extended period of time

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    I think Ian is probably what you term the older Backpacker... and nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't mind his life style at all! And though there are probably very few countries you could live like that... would he be costing the Thai govt more than he spends? Doubtful...

But it's not that the Thai govt doesn't want people like him... it's just that they want more of the high spending Chinese tourists who come in for a week, drop a tonne of money and vanish...

More bang for your buck... 55
    It's not the point

He is not an attractive expat for any country, spending 1500cad/mo

Yet all he does is ridicule the govt when he should be thanking them for allowing him to stay in their country

Instead of pissing and moaning, maybe show some gratitude

I legit pay more in taxes in a day to Canada most days of the month than he spends in a month in Thailand and I am internally grateful that the country allowed me and my wife to come live in Canada

This guys spends pennies and all he does is bitch and moan about them
    (Which is usually the ones doing the bitching in Thailand, not the ones really adding to the economy)

Well fair enough points. I think it's more about your delivery of said points... 55

Well fair enough points. I think it's more about your delivery of said points... 55
    Opposed to the delivery of the guy constantly bitching and moaning about a Govt that allows him to stay in thier country

Do those moaners ever really listen to someone explaining how ridiculous they are being if you deliver that message to them in a really sweet manner????

Probably more likely to than if bashed over the head with it.
    Imagine someone nice. Say Rivo saying the same things as you. But in such a way that Ian instead of feeling pissed off, feels that Rivo makes some valid points.
    Throw in a few pictures of a 1937 Bentley sitting in field of tulips and everyone goes home thinking what an amazing fluke of nature it is that we all exist at the same point in time at all.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    The government is trying to make sure those type of farangs don't stay in the country (technically illegal) because the expectation for a retired expat on a retirement visa is to have funds to live on of about 60k baht a month.
    Chilli likes this.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Probably more likely to than if bashed over the head with it.
    Imagine someone nice. Say Rivo saying the same things as you. But in such a way that Ian instead of feeling pissed off, feels that Rivo makes some valid points.
    Throw in a few pictures of a 1937 Bentley sitting in field of tulips and everyone goes home thinking what an amazing fluke of nature it is that we all exist at the same point in time at all.
    0k Switzerland 5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    It's not the point

He is not an attractive expat for any country, spending 1500cad/mo

Yet all he does is ridicule the govt when he should be thanking them for allowing him to stay in their country

Instead of pissing and moaning, maybe show some gratitude

I legit pay more in taxes in a day to Canada most days of the month than he spends in a month in Thailand and I am internally grateful that the country allowed me and my wife to come live in Canada

This guys spends pennies and all he does is bitch and moan about them
    (Which is usually the ones doing the bitching in Thailand, not the ones really adding to the economy)
    Sorry, but this is BS..

Besides arrogant, impolite and personal, it's factually untrue..
    The average Thai makes about 10,000 baht a month, does not pay income tax and attributes about 7% VAT of their income to Thai economy..
    Any Farang spents more.. Ian flies the same flights as you, uses the same taxi's, he even pays for his visa where you only stay visa-exempt..
    He contributes to the local economy, where you stay in American chain hotels..

Visa regulations do not exist for the sole purpose of economical gain.. Maybe you have been affected with the Trump flew?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RakThai View Post
    The average Thai makes about 10,000 baht a month
    Closer to 15k/month for an average Thai, to say 10k/month would imply that majority of the country makes barely more than min wage. Though Bangkok would likely be higher probably closer to 20-25k/month.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Sorry, but this is BS..

The average Thai makes about 10,000 baht a month, does not pay income tax and attributes about 7% VAT of their income to Thai economy..
    Any Farang spents more.. Ian flies the same flights as you, uses the same taxi's, he even pays for his visa where you only stay visa-exempt..

Visa regulations do not exist for the sole purpose of economical gain.. Maybe you have been affected with the Trump flew?
    I find it hilarious that all Ian does is bitch and moan about the govt that allows him to stay there
    Yet I get labelled such things

Not the guy that should he showing the country some gratitude

Sorry, but this is BS..

Hey Rak
    You want to speak about being affected by the Trump flu?

Remember the guy you are so quick to defend also found it "priceless " that some drunk also was walking around propositioning regular every day Thai ladies(among other derogatory things he's said about Thai ladies)
    Has bragged he likes living in Thailand because he can break the law
    Bitches and moans about the Thai govt rules

The guy has no respect for the country or it's people
    But hey, as long as he speaks in a folksy manner I guess all of that is ok, yeah?

PS.....Your point about me staying in "American hotels" is dumb as shit. Stick to medical journals

I find it hilarious that all Ian does is bitch and moan about the govt that allows him to stay there
    Yet I get labelled such things

Not the guy that should he showing the country some gratitude
    Can't read what you say, must be my English..
    You are a 40-something millennial, trading bits and bytes that represent money. And apparently you are good at that, cause they pay you a shitload for few hours..
    Ian is the same age my dad was until he died last September.. An old fart with opinions and biases based on a life of working hard and long, and having time for some passions alongside..

Simple truth.. If Ian and you would die today (not wishing that), Ian would have a legacy.. Kids, grandchildren, a family home, his fishing stuff, his art, publications.. Maybe it is not much or up to your standards, but it's a legacy..
    You leave a bank account...

Not trying to degrade, but think about it.
    When Ian retired, he thought that he had it made...
    Inflation proved him wrong, and you (among many others, like any government) think inflation is a good thing, because it keeps the economy going..
    You might be right, but don't trash an old guy who has seen his efforts reduced by the likes of you..
    kaptainrob likes this.

Hey Rak
    You want to speak about being affected by the Trump flu?

Remember the guy you are so quick to defend also found it "priceless " that some drunk also was walking around propositioning regular every day Thai ladies(among other derogatory things he's said about Thai ladies)
    Has bragged he likes living in Thailand because he can break the law
    Bitches and moans about the Thai govt rules

The guy has no respect for the country or it's people
    But hey, as long as he speaks in a folksy manner I guess all of that is ok, yeah?

PS.....Your point about me staying in "American hotels" is dumb as shit. Stick to medical journals
    Hey Paul,

I am not a fan of Ian, nor about all what he says..
    I just realize that people are different and value different things..

And yes, I hate it when someone is being called out on things like spending..
    Call him out on what he says, but if you call him out on his economic value, yeah.. Trump flu comes to mind..

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

delete this old crap pleeeeese

M26, don't take this the wrong way but are you ok? Serious question. 555 I thought after your recent trip you'd be pretty chilled out. No need to get all snipey and insult Ian like that, repeatedly too.

Who cares what he spends in Thailand or what his opinions are on the government. Everyone is entitled to an opinion here. As far as I can tell he wasn't upsetting anyone here, so if as long as he's not doing so then whats it to you? If it annoys you then perhaps refrain from commenting on him or use the ignore function. I've read a handful of posts in here now which to be frank come across as not only rude but elitist. Take a chill pill and log out for a few days. Perhaps too much time around your MIL me thinks.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    His constant moaning does detract from here especially when he causes a lot of the problems himself but can't see or admit to it.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast