Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: delete this old crap pleeeeese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Wouldn't your pension be set? So it wouldn't matter how the money was invested because you were getting set % of your pay once eligible?

Now you aren't wrong that municipalities often make wrong investments and that could have a huge negative impact on pensions as a whole done the road
    But if you are getting your pension, it's likely you are getting what you always should have gotten?

There are so many municipalities that have people with very little investment experience making the decisions on 100's of millions and sometimes billions of dollars
    And some of them are involved in the most intricate investments presented to them by investment banks
    It is like all taxes, Paul. They are supposed to be for the betterment of all. I would hazard a guess that 90% of the people would never start investing money for their future if the government didn't do it for them like an old age security thing. Although I think young people are a little more savvy today, most just spend everything they earn. Most Thais are terrible with that and spend what ever money they receive... 100 baht - gone, 1000 baht - gone, 2 million baht - gone immediately. Nothing is ever put away for the future.

I trained both my kids about money, interest and investment from an early age and now they are doing okay. Interest on their debt is what kills a lot of people, but they don't seem to understand. Both my wives were terrible with that and it drove me fucking crazy... My wife would tell me... "Oh, VISA says I only have to pay $10 a month on the $10,000 charges I rang up." ... Yah, at 24 PERCENT FUCKING INTEREST you dumb bitch!

I'm not telling you anything new because that is your business. But, it just shocks me the number of people who don't understand the basic principle. Two or three percent interest adds up over a long time when compounded.

The government understand this, and most certainly the Banks do.They can run their entire empire on the tiny bit they charge customers in "transaction fees". They pay you fuck all in a savings account, but they charge you a lot if you actually want to use your own money they are making interest on every day.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    That's good. I hardly ever see a cop when driving. Not sure how they'd notice me changing radio stations using the controls on my steering wheel.. but even doing that has distracted me a few times... but people in the car... that can be a problem... easy to be so involved in a conversation you forget you are driving...
    Back in the 60's when I was a kid when Mum was driving ( new licence) no one was allowed to speak at all while in the car. Family Law

One by-product of hands-free in cars... is that people seem to think they are in a sound-proof booth.. the number of times I have been running past an intersection... and can hear clear as day conversations between two people talking on speaker in a car waiting at traffic lights...
    Yes I have had the same experience a few times. On was a classic, the salesman for the builder opposite me used to have the hands free thru his boom box stereo and he would pull up outside and bee in the middle of telling a friend what a fcukwhit the people he worked for were, and all sorts of profanities about the clients he was working with.

After a few times I went and told him everyone in the street, even being inside the office, could hear everything he was saying. Including an almost phone sex call with the girl from the night before 55555
    Quarky likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

From a visa and immigration perspective, there is a big difference between Ian and Marcís situation.

Marcís situation, he seems to have the correct visa to be working and living in Canada

Whereas Ian is abusing the multiple enter tourist visa to live temporary in Thailand, what he is doing is against his visa as he is not a genuine tourist, but its not really in the sights of immigration to do anything about as they have bigger issues and finite resources. But piss someone off, get into trouble and he will be spending time in the IDC or refused entry.

If he was doing what he does in Australia, he would be picked up pretty quickly for not being a genuine tourist and refused entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    From a visa and immigration perspective, there is a big difference between Ian and Marc’s situation.

Marc’s situation, he seems to have the correct visa to be working and living in Canada

Whereas Ian is abusing the multiple enter tourist visa to live temporary in Thailand, what he is doing is against his visa as he is not a genuine tourist, but its not really in the sights of immigration to do anything about as they have bigger issues and finite resources. But piss someone off, get into trouble and he will be spending time in the IDC or refused entry.

If he was doing what he does in Australia, he would be picked up pretty quickly for not being a genuine tourist and refused entry.
    You are totally wrong with that statement, Chilli.

I follow the law exactly as it is written, and what it was meant for. I don't abuse anything, but I contribute a lot.

What you are suggesting is that tourists should not be allowed to stay longer than one month in Australia in any given year. If they over stay then they should be sent to jail and then deported, and never allowed to return again.

Show me just ONE thing where I am abusing the Thai regulations as they are laid out. 1. I state what hotel I am staying in 2. I report where I am every 60 days 3. I have a valid Thai bank account and adequate funds to last forever. 4. I have a valid Thai driver's license. 5. I even have an official will and benefactor if anything should happen to me in Thailand. I own nothing to anyone.

I "donate" $14,000 Canadian dollars into the Thai economy every year, and have done so for the past 16 years and more. That is about 315,000 baht each year. How many "proper" tourists (by your standards) spend this much? How much do you spend in Thailand, Chilli?
    Last edited by Ian Forbes; 11th March 2019 at 17:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    You are totally wrong with that statement, Chilli.

I follow the law exactly as it is written, and what it was meant for. I don't abuse anything, but I contribute a lot.

What you are suggesting is that tourists should not be allowed to stay longer than one month in Australia in any given year. If they over stay then they should be sent to jail and then deported, and never allowed to return again.

Show me just ONE thing where I am abusing the Thai regulations as they are laid out. 1. I state what hotel I am staying in 2. I report where I am every 60 days 3. I have a valid Thai bank account and adequate funds to last forever. 4. I have a valid Thai driver's license. 5. I even have an official will and benefactor if anything should happen to me in Thailand. I own nothing to anyone.
    You are in breach of regulation 34 of the Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 as you are not a Tourist or Touring the country, if you came every few years and did what you do then you may have an argument but coming year after year you do not. You are using a Tourist visa to live in Thailand as a temporary resident. Holding a Thai licence and bank account pretty much confirms this, as tourist don’t hold licences or bank accounts in a country they visit of tourism purposes.

It got nothing to do with what you think or anyone else thinks you may contribute to Thailand, and it’s not having a go at you.

But don't bullshit yourself about the circumstances or that you’re not abusing the system. As I said your not a high priority for immigration, but that can change on a whim. It's simple down to the fact you’re not a tourist but you are using a tourist visa to gain access and stay in the country.

As to Australia, a Tourist cannot stay any more than 12 months total in a 18 month period, trying to do so will result in denied visa or denied entry with possible detention until you return home, if this happens you will face a 3 year ban from returning or getting a visa.
    Last edited by Chilli; 11th March 2019 at 18:03.

I "donate" $14,000 Canadian dollars into the Thai economy every year, and have done so for the past 16 years and more. That is about 315,000 baht each year. How many "proper" tourists (by your standards) spend this much? How much do you spend in Thailand, Chilli?
    I really don't care what you spend in Thailand, it's got nothing to do with what I am talking about.

^^^That might come across little harsh, sorry if that caused offence, what I mean is its not relevant to what I am talking about and its not personally directed at you, its in general.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    You are in breach of regulation 34 of the Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 as you are not a Tourist or Touring the country, if you came every few years and did what you do then you may have an argument but coming year after year you do not. You are using a Tourist visa to live in Thailand as a temporary resident. Holding a Thai licence and bank account pretty much confirms this, as tourist donít hold licences or bank accounts in a country they visit of tourism purposes.

But don't bullshit yourself about the circumstances or that youíre not abusing the system. As I said your not a high priority for immigration, but that can change on a whim. It's simple down to the fact youíre not a tourist but you are using a tourist visa to gain access and stay in the country.

What visa would you recommend for Ian ?, someone who wants to stay for 4/5 months per year, he is not in retirement in Thailand so I would think they would class Ian as a regular tourist, hence the tourist visa he gets annually.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

^^^That might come across little harsh, sorry if that caused offence, what I mean is its not relevant to what I am talking about and its not personally directed at you, its in general.
    No offence taken, Chilli. I just don't understand what your point is. You said I was breaking the law, and I pointed out that I wasn't. I don't mind discussing any topic in a rational manner.

Years ago (1997) when I first started coming to Thailand, there were many farang freeloaders. They came to Thailand with fuckall money, and scrounged what ever job they could find. Many lived off what their Thai girlfriend could earn. I personally know of two. One is a friend of a friend of mine, and the other was a previous Jewish boyfriend of my lady who died last year. Jack the Jew lived with Pui for almost 2 years and he didn't have a penny to his name. Pui paid for everything. He finally had to go back to the USA with funding that Pui gave him.

About 10 or 12 years ago (maybe more) Thailand authorities started to crack down on the freeloaders who would zip across the border at MaeSai to get another 30 days extension. Authorities limited it to 2 weeks and set a maximum stay. If you wanted 30 days more you had to fly out of the country. Authorities are still tinkering with it, and yet there are always people who get around it somehow. Some get phony teachers certificates that allow them to stay longer.

But, my personal feelings are quite simple, and should apply to just about any country. If you are earning a living at what ever job you can find, and you aren't begging in the street or stealing everything not tied down, then you can stay as long as you want. You just don't get free medical and a long term pension at some point. The USA is full of hard working Mexicans who are illegal immigrants. The Mexicans do 95% of the farm work that the white Americans won't do. California farms would dry up and blow away without the low paid Mexican workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    What visa would you recommend for Ian ?, someone who wants to stay for 4/5 months per year, he is not in retirement in Thailand so I would think they would class Ian as a regular tourist, hence the tourist visa he gets annually.
    Without know his circumstances, it's a bit of an educated guess, but if over 50 years old he should be applying for a Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O-A" for Temporary Residents or if he has Thai family or wife a Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O" for Temporary Residents.

He doesn't meet the classification as a tourist.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    but if over 50 years old he should be applying for a Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O-A" for Temporary Residents or if he has Thai family or wife a Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O" for Temporary Residents.

He doesn't meet the classification as a tourist.

Ian will have no problem meeting the over 50 years old (he is approaching 80) 555, is there a "O-A" visa for 4/5 months ?................I am not aware Ian has ever married a Thai girl.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

No offence taken, Chilli. I just don't understand what your point is. You said I was breaking the law, and I pointed out that I wasn't. I don't mind discussing any topic in a rational manner.
    I think I said you where abusing the law, as to whether your breaking it or not is up to a court to decide.

Clearly you are not a tourist, and you are not visiting Thailand for tourist purposes. But you are applying for and using a tourist visa to access and stay in Thailand on a temporary basis. What would you call this?

What Mexicans do in another country has no relevance to the situation.

Ian will have no problem meeting the over 50 years old (he is approaching 80) 555, is there a "O-A" visa for 4/5 months ?................I am not aware Ian has ever married a Thai girl.
    Yes the O-A visa is valid for 90 days and then can be extended for 1 year. If he leaves Thailand during this period he can apply for a re-entry permit or start the process over again, depending on what suits his requirements.

There must be others on this forum that have this visa?

................I am not aware Ian has ever married a Thai girl.
    Also applies to Thai Children.

Think I had the 90 day OA visa. Wasn't aware of a longer one. This was almost ten years ago.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I think I said you where abusing the law, as to whether your breaking it or not is up to a court to decide.

Clearly you are not a tourist, and you are not visiting Thailand for tourist purposes. But you are applying for and using a tourist visa to access and stay in Thailand on a temporary basis. What would you call this?

If I am abusing the law it's only when I ride my motorbike like the Thais do, but that has nothing to do with the tourist visa. And, that is exactly what I have... a 6 month, multiple entry TOURIST VISA as set out by the government of Thailand. I don't abuse that in any way and I follow all the rules and requirements.

Tourists to Thailand have 3 choices

1. A 30 day visa and then you have to leave the country
    2. A 90 day TOURIST visa, and then you have to leave the country.
    3. A 6 month, multiple entry TOURIST visa, and you have to leave the country every 60 days. There is also a stipulation that you have 60,000 baht available each month.

Those are different than a retirement visa that require a substantial amount of money in a Thai bank account. I think it is about 800,000 baht.

Then there is the marriage visa, but I don't have a clue what the requirements are for that. probably similar to the retirement visa.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    O visa not OA...there is a 3 month one available,or use to be that can be extended as well as a 12 month one.

You don't have to be married to a TG or have a Thai kid to get an OA or in country retirement extension.
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 11th March 2019 at 20:54.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Platinum
    Wasnt there a 6 months multi entry tourist visa? Was it discontinued?That would be ideal for someone coming for 4-5 months but I think you had to leave after 90 days? Might be the one Ian was referring to that was changed.

Platinum
    If I am abusing the law it's only when I ride my motorbike like the Thais do, but that has nothing to do with the tourist visa. And, that is exactly what I have... a 6 month, multiple entry TOURIST VISA as set out by the government of Thailand. I don't abuse that in any way and I follow all the rules and requirements.

Tourists to Thailand have 3 choices

1. A 30 day visa and then you have to leave the country
    2. A 90 day TOURIST visa, and then you have to leave the country.
    3. A 6 month, multiple entry TOURIST visa, and you have to leave the country every 60 days. There is also a stipulation that you have 60,000 baht available each month.

Those are different than a retirement visa that require a substantial amount of money in a Thai bank account. I think it is about 800,000 baht.

Then there is the marriage visa, but I don't have a clue what the requirements are for that. probably similar to the retirement visa.
    Ok thanks ....So still available.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    That's good. I hardly ever see a cop when driving. Not sure how they'd notice me changing radio stations using the controls on my steering wheel.. but even doing that has distracted me a few times... but people in the car... that can be a problem... easy to be so involved in a conversation you forget you are driving...

Now I am no visa specialist, so won't bother to look up the act you have quoted, but I do disagree with you definition and accusation Ian isn't a tourist and as such entitled to the visa he holds.

The fact of the matter is Thailand is not his principal place of residence, so visiting a country any number of times means, as long as he doesn't work, he is a visitor/tourist.

Having a bank account and drivers license is totally incidental. anyone can establish them, as have many BM's here.

He is By definition a Tourist/visitor and he operates within the law applicable to his visa.

The Seniero that Thai doesn't want is for him to come for 3 months then go spend the other 2-3 months in Cambodia.

Although Ian doesn't stay in high end hotels or eat at expensive restaurants he keeps small business in business accepting lower standard of accommodation etc.

If he and the other 500,000?? doing this were to go to Cambodia instead it will impact the Thai mum and pop businesses and they are the backbone of the country.
    Ian Forbes likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast