Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: delete this old crap pleeeeese

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    In my opinion...The PI, Cambodia and Vietnam are all considerably less expensive for the average expat to live in than Thailand these days..I have been to all many times and I still choose to live here (Samui)..it just has the best all round living conditions for me...the cost of living is only one factor in this..its the quality of life I am after rather than just a cheap existence...
    Hospitals would have to be one of the biggest factors and Thailand has excellent hospitals
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Moving is not a great option for extapts with family and roots. Single blokes yeah, much easier.
    If we had kids I wouldn't mind living in Thailand until they were 7-8yrs but then would move back to North America once they were that age

But if you want them in good schools it adds up pretty quickly in Thailand

As I have said before, Nut is not that much cheaper day to day than a kid in the West

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    In my opinion...The PI, Cambodia and Vietnam are all considerably less expensive for the average expat to live in than Thailand these days..I have been to all many times and I still choose to live here (Samui)..it just has the best all round living conditions for me...the cost of living is only one factor in this..its the quality of life I am after rather than just a cheap existence...
    I think that is it in a nutshell, Baccy. You pick an area that suits your own life style. Everything is a compromise. Chiang Mai is a perfect size city for me, and there is always some place new to "discover". And, for while I am here the weather is ideal. I've been to many small cities in Thailand and know I would quickly grow bored. I prefer hiking and riding my motorbike to swimming and sitting on a beach. If you are a golfer you need access to good courses.

Unknowingly, Andy started a pretty good topic. 555

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    Hospitals would have to be one of the biggest factors and Thailand has excellent hospitals
    I've found that out first hand. 555

Dentists as well. Most are first class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    I've found that out first hand. 555

Dentists as well. Most are first class.
    I remember hanging out with a girl from BC that lives in Luang Prabang
    She said medical care is abysmal there

I remember hanging out with a girl from BC that lives in Luang Prabang
    She said medical care is abysmal there
    Everything is great... until you REALLY do need a good doctor. Of course that can be true in Canada as well. My wife was a nurse, so I got to hear all the first hand stories. When we used to live in Squamish the was a doctor who had a great bed-side personality manner, and all the lady patients loved him, but the nurses said that he buried more patients than he fixed.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    In all seriousness I think I have a lot better quality of life now here in Oz. Beer bars and huge open air brothel type places bored me a long long time ago.
    Everyone is different but I'm happier being busy than sitting around.
    Did and saw a hell of a lot while I lived in LOS and any riding I do now is just covering old territory again...but I do miss the dirt bashing and big bike riding a lot but very happy I did as much as I did and got to walk away from it in one piece 555

I have a job that I get paid to stay in different towns every night all over the country and when I'm home I have a river full of fish at my front door and a great beach and surf club a few hundred metres walking distance. I walk 6-8kms 2-3 times per week as well as body bashing and jumping around in the surf.

It's been 20-30C just about every day for the last 4months on the Goldie. No more stifling heat and wet like back there.

I get skin treatment free. Had an MRI free. Knocked back a knee replacenmt that would have been free. Blood tests and check-ups free.
    My weight is back close to where it was 13 years ago.... BP is perfect. Cholesterol is 4.4 and I'm keener for short breaks in SE Asia once a year.
    Being around numb skull Thais 24/7 isn't easy to take... it use to grind on me a fair bit although the rat race isn't a lot better but I do spend a lot of time in the outback and rural areas here which I love.

Next step is to get the new missus settled then later the little bloke.

All above mightn't suit everyone but it's keeping my head and body in a good place ATM with a new outlook on life.

received_325532661387418.jpg
    justcruzing1, Rivo, Dupree and 1 others like this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ~

Next step is to get the new missus settled then later the little bloke.

received_325532661387418.jpg
    Naam? Or a new lady altogether.

Gold Coast living is no longer as attractive as it was 40 years ago and getting busier. Ferry Road went from 2 sets of traffic lights to ~ 13 in 10 years alone.

For your new lifestyle it obviously suits. I'll be spending more Oz visits in Brissie, Melbourne or Perth in future.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Naam? Or a new lady altogether.

Gold Coast living is no longer as attractive as it was 40 years ago and getting busier. Ferry Road went from 2 sets of traffic lights to ~ 13 in 10 years alone.

For your new lifestyle it obviously suits. I'll be spending more Oz visits in Brissie, Melbourne or Perth in future.
    A Phils girl... TGs are too hard for me 55
    Although English is her second language she's been speaking and writing it since her early years of schooling. Been around Western culture all her life too. Makes a big difference to me.

What happens on ferry road or elsewhere has little bearing on where I live as everything is within walking distance from me including a light rail station which gives me cheap, reliable access to Pacific Fair,, Kurrawa surf club, bars and restaurants in Surfers Paradise, Southport and Helensvale train station for access to Brisbane and the airport etc.
    The nearby Gold Coast highway can get a bit busy but as I said I can walk to the beach and other places I want to go. Grocery shopping at Broadbeach is a 1.5km drive down a back street.
    Never ever thought much of the area but having lived around it for a few years now I really like it.....and more importantly the girlie loves it
    Quarky and justcruzing1 like this.

Although English is her second language she's been speaking and writing it since her early years of schooling. Been around Western culture all her life too. Makes a big difference to me.

What happens on ferry road or elsewhere has little bearing on where I live as everything is within walking distance from me including a light rail station which gives me cheap, reliable access to Pacific Fair,, Kurrawa surf club, bars and restaurants in Surfers Paradise, Southport and Helensvale train station for access to Brisbane and the airport etc.
    The nearby Gold Coast highway can get a bit busy but as I said I can walk to the beach and other places I want to go. Grocery shopping at Broadbeach is a 1.5km drive down a back street.
    Never ever thought much of the area but having lived around it for a few years now I really like it.....and more importantly the girlie loves it
    What would your town/city be called

Sounds great, I'd like to Google it and check it out

That is the importance of finding the niche that suits each of us personally. You obviously found that place for you, your son and your girl friend.

I'm not a beach person, but I do love the mountains and fishing in clear rivers. And, since visiting Thailand it renewed my interest in riding motorbikes. I'm not even close to being called a pro-rider, but I can get around with a little bit of off highway stuff. I can now ride for 12 months of the year. I'm finished with having a permanent lady friend, and I'm too damn old to start a new "romance", but I still like the ladies.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

I know the area your in Moo and your right, now the light rail is sorted that is a much more enjoyable location.

I think the big thing as you have said, you travel all over the place for work and that keeps the variety and interest, also makes when you do get home a bit more special.

If you were working at...Springwood ??? and in the same office every day and fighting the daily grind of traffic to and from, then I reckon you would be hanging out to get back to LOS or PI 5555

Where I live now, 10 years ago I would have said NO WAY!! It is "Boganfield" but I am 15 mins on a mostly semi rural road to work, and I am on my own in the displays from 10-4 and home by 4.15pm
    The area has all business ever in Aust just 3 mins drive from home and from work just 7klm the other way, is the Nth side CBD with Costco, Westfield, Ikea, Bunnings etc.

Of course I would rather be down on the beachfront at Coolangatta but finance prevents that.
    Moo Uaon and Ian Forbes like this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

What would your town/city be called

Sounds great, I'd like to Google it and check it out
    Sounds like its around Southport Queensland https://goo.gl/maps/jj8AVvSq6QT2

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Sounds like its around Southport Queensland https://goo.gl/maps/jj8AVvSq6QT2
    Looks a lot like my home
    A lot of pics I see of Australia, outside of Sydney, remind me of Vancouver a lot

It's Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise.

Looks a lot like my home
    A lot of pics I see of Australia, outside of Sydney, remind me of Vancouver a lot
    Difference being the temperature... sea will be warm too.. 55

But Vancouver has the mountains...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I have a job that I get paid to stay in different towns every night all over the country
    Coldies overlooking Hinchinbrook Island today

IMG_20190314_172855799_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 14th March 2019 at 18:03.

It's Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise.
    The tram is great and bus connections are so cheap [with seniors card] and a travel time limit. GCC public transport has improved out of sight.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Coldies overlooking Hinchinbrook Island today

IMG_20190314_172855799_HDR.jpg
    The tram is great and bus connections are so cheap [with seniors card] and a travel time limit. GCC public transport has improved out of sight.
    You were sitting at the Cardwell Pub having a break on the highway .

A good pie cart to the right up the highway a bit....been there about two dozen times.

Yes Rob but the transport down the South of the GC stinks.

There used to be a light train line all the way down to Coolangatta in the old days and they closed it and lost (Sold) the land as well
    No idea about planing.

The main train line was meant to have been extended from Robina to the airport by now....hasn't happened.
    My developer had to donate land for a station and parking at Tugan for it. Also had to pay more in contributions/fees as it was deamed it would make the estate more attractive so higher return prices,.... didn't.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast