Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pseudo newbie wanting an update

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    You can still get the GFE experience in Thailand but depending on how much the girl likes you it may end up costing more. I've shifted from always taking someone LT to ST now, although on my last trip to Samui I did keep someone around for a week or so.

Also with tinder and dating apps you can dip into the ' normal' girls who range from not involved in p4p directly to girls working regular jobs who freelance on the side occasionally and are not as hardened as an agogo girl.
    Yea never had any issues in the past, but haven't deliberately engaged in it in ages. I just find it annoying now unless it's a real fun girl to hang out with.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    ... GFE stuff is more to be found in places like Cambodia and the Philippines now I'm told. I haven't been to either, but I'll be spending 3 weeks in PI in May followed by a week in Samui. I'm mostly going to be sailing and diving, but I will be in Angeles for 5 days so I'll be writing a trip report on it here come May.
    I was very lucky to go to Clark Air Base for 3 weeks in 1991 in my years with the RAAF just before Mt. Pinatubo exploded. I must say it was quite an eye-opener for a very naive 20 year old and can't help but think it sowed some seeds for my later ventures in SE Asia. I also went to Butterworth (Penang) in Malaysia regularly with the RAAF which was the first time I visited Phuket through the early 90's.

I also did a fantastic trip to Bali in 2015 riding around the island on a scooter and over to the Gili islands at one point. This trip introduced me to freediving and I can honestly say it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I had quite a 'spiritual' experience with it and a partiularly friendly sea turtle, I'll never forget it.
    Last edited by FreemanBlu; 15th March 2019 at 19:03.
    Ian Forbes and Bacon like this.

You can still get the GFE experience in Thailand but depending on how much the girl likes you it may end up costing more. I've shifted from always taking someone LT to ST now, although on my last trip to Samui I did keep someone around for a week or so.

Also with tinder and dating apps you can dip into the ' normal' girls who range from not involved in p4p directly to girls working regular jobs who freelance on the side occasionally and are not as hardened as an agogo girl.
    Supersub, you mean you use Tinder whilst in Thailand to meet Thai girls?

I was also going to ask what the exchange rate is from expats or anyone on the ground at the moment as they are usually considerably better than what is quoted for general exchange rates from banks or the internet in general.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanBlu View Post

Yes but start the process now, with a few different girls, keep your options open, any dramas and move on
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

I was also going to ask what the exchange rate is from expats or anyone on the ground at the moment as they are usually considerably better than what is quoted for general exchange rates from banks or the internet in general.
    Maybe I should start a new thread for this?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Maybe I should start a new thread for this?
    about 22.20 currently

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    And Thai Friendly

We do have a thread for it but it's in the advanced section which will be opened to you a little later. Someone will give you an answer here eventually, but ground rates are around 22 to the dollar. If you get 22.5 right now you're doing well. So yeah...preeeeety crap. I imagine you were getting around the 30 baht mark last time you were there. Big effin drop.

EDIT:

Beat me to it. SE is in Thailand right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    about 22.20 currently

Never been a fan of looking up on sites and social platforms. All the fun is in the bars.
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน

I've never been on any dating site, but a few of my friends use them all the time. I can legitimately be called an "Old Fucker". I will be 80 years old this coming November when I return to Thailand. I'm done with the "girl friend" thing, except for one woman who I occasionally take out for supper. However, I have a couple of lovely young ladies who work part time at a sexy massage parlour. They go to university the rest of the time. A couple times a week I go visit them after we agree on a time. I pay less for them than I did for any of my ladies in the past, and I have a far better time with a whole lot more involvement on their part.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    If you are interested in p4p go to Lamai
    Laid back beach town with decent action and prices
    Completely agree with ancillary costs. Bar fine ranging from 800 to1k. Lady drinks gone from 120 to 200 and expectation for buying more and for staff as well as bgs is incessant.

Ladies money never changed for me always 2k long time and never a complaint.

Hotels and food not much different.

The last time I was in Patong in 2009 lady drinks were 200 baht in pre-fire Tiger. Bar fines were minimum 500 BAHT and 1000 BAHT or more for girls in demand.
    Sounds like prices haven't changed much at all?
    Pattaya hasn't changed either. Still 300 baht bar fines in lot of places.
    Last edited by Quarky; 16th March 2019 at 07:06.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    The last time I was in Patong in 2009 lady drinks were 200 baht in pre-fire Tiger. Bar fines were minimum 500 BAHT and 1000 BAHT or more for girls in demand.
    Sounds like prices haven't changed much at all?
    Pattaya hasn't changed either. Still 300 baht bar fines in lot of places.
    200 to 250 is 8cad to 10cad

I think people never get over looking at Thai baht as monopoly money

If you walked into your local pub and a pint went up 2 quid and 25% you'd bitch about that but in Thai baht you say it hasn't changed

As for Pattaya I want to say a LD drink was 150baht???
    We bought quite a few for the girls, Ao always does
    On soi 6 and soi 7

200 to 250 is 8cad to 10cad

I think people never get over looking at Thai baht as monopoly money

If you walked into your local pub and a pint went up 2 quid and 25% you'd bitch about that but in Thai baht you say it hasn't changed

As for Pattaya I want to say a LD drink was 150baht???
    We bought quite a few for the girls, Ao always does
    On soi 6 and soi 7
    Back ten or so years ago.. I got way more baht for my pound.. so 200 baht didn't seem much. Maybe 3 quid. Now more like 4.50. But I distinctly remember 200 baht LDs appearing on my bill quite often back then... and yeah Pattaya is stuck in a nice time warp... BF still 300 baht, girls still 2000 baht long time... and the baht bus still 10 baht (though some people think it's 20 baht... 55)

A pint was NZ$10 in Auckland a few years ago... so expensive there too...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet
    This is my first post on this forum so a big hello to all and sundry.

I have visited Thailand a number of times, my first trip to Patong was way back when it was still relatively undeveloped in the early '90s. I haven't been for about 5 and a half years now and am thinking of heading back over to good ol' Phuket soon for some reminiscent times. Since I've been out of the loop for a while I was seeking some up to date info about the local nightlife scene. I used to enjoy the bar scene and dancing until all hours in the clubs and enjoyed the lovely company of the very hospitable local ladies. I was wondering what sort of economic assistance it is customary to help the ladies with in various places i.e bars, GoGo bars, freelance etc.
    I was in Ao Nang Krabi in November last year bar fine was 500 bht LT was 2000 this was at the the most expensive beer bar with the nicest girls I have heard similiar in Phuket i will be heading there in a few months myself.

Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    I was in Ao Nang Krabi in November last year bar fine was 500 bht LT was 2000 this was at the the most expensive beer bar with the nicest girls I have heard similiar in Phuket i will be heading there in a few months myself.
    But it's all relative

I've always contended you can find pretty BG's anywhere but in about 4x in that beer bar complex in Ao Nang I don't recall ever seeing one BG I would have taken for the night

Now I was with my wife all those times so not intently looking but although I love Ao Nang it has to have one of the worst p4p scenes in terms of good looking girls, IMO
    Ian Forbes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joca View Post
    Oh and if you found girls you liked in Ao Nang you may fall over your barstool in Patong 5555

Although you take me as a pretty laid back guy and Bangla can be pretty full on

There is a set of bars at the end of Patong beach that are more laid back that may be up your alley more

Also there was a small laid back scene on Soi Kepsab also

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    But it's all relative

I've always contended you can find pretty BG's anywhere but in about 4x in that beer bar complex in Ao Nang I don't recall ever seeing one BG I would have taken for the night

Now I was with my wife all those times so not intently looking but although I love Ao Nang it has to have one of the worst p4p scenes in terms of good looking girls, IMO
    That was my experience also, but I was lucky to have brought a woman with me who knew a whole lot more about Krabi than I did. Believe me, I DO look if I see something nice. But, we were at Krabi to check out the off shore islands nearby.

But it's all relative

I've travelled all over Phuket during the day time but never really explored the night time bar scene outside of Patong, actually I have spent a few nights out in Karon. But what about other areas on the island?

Thoughts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast