Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pseudo newbie wanting an update

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanBlu View Post
    I've travelled all over Phuket during the day time but never really explored the night time bar scene outside of Patong, actually I have spent a few nights out in Karon. But what about other areas on the island?

Thoughts?
    I haven't mongered in well over 10 years
    So wouldn't know much about other areas in Phuket anymore

If I were you and had the time

I'd split my time between Patong and Koh Samui
    There is a direct flight

You can have the madness of Bangla and the more laid back vibe of Lamai with still a halfway decent scene

That's just my opinion if I were looking for a holiday with some fun at the bars included

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    But what about other areas on the island?

Thoughts?
    Kamala has plenty of girls and bars and is fairly laid back not unlike Samui.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    I haven't mongered in well over 10 years
    So wouldn't know much about other areas in Phuket anymore

If I were you and had the time

I'd split my time between Patong and Koh Samui
    There is a direct flight

You can have the madness of Bangla and the more laid back vibe of Lamai with still a halfway decent scene

That's just my opinion if I were looking for a holiday with some fun at the bars included
    Flights are relatively expensive Phuket to Samui, I'd probably take the bus/ferry as I do enjoy the overland travel. When I did it back in 2010, I do remember that it was quite a schlep though, but I did have a monumental hangover that a few beers along the way were barely taking the edge off.

Flights are relatively expensive Phuket to Samui, I'd probably take the bus/ferry as I do enjoy the overland travel. When I did it back in 2010, I do remember that it was quite a schlep though, but I did have a monumental hangover that a few beers along the way were barely taking the edge off.
    I think all in you'd save maybe 2k baht

Anyways that's just a suggestion
    We never know what any guy really thinks is attractive in terms of BG's

There is definitely still laid back BG scenes all around Phuket in Karon/Kamala and Nai Harn

So you might be happy with just Phuket

We have had a blast in Patong the last few times after not going for a long time

... We have had a blast in Patong the last few times after not going for a long time
    Yeah, I remember going back to Phuket in 2009 for the first time since 1995, back then I don't remember any walking street. Anyway, I booked into the Expat hotel and then wandered down to the start of Bangla road around 9 pm seeing the huge sign over the walking street, all the lights and action unfolding. It was quite a welcome.

Yeah, I remember going back to Phuket in 2009 for the first time since 1995, back then I don't remember any walking street. Anyway, I booked into the Expat hotel and then wandered down to the start of Bangla road around 9 pm seeing the huge sign over the walking street, all the lights and action unfolding. It was quite a welcome.
    I had the Mercedes from hotel drop me off in front of Soi Eric

What an asshole 5555

In my defense, like yourself I didn't really know where/what I was going to
    I just knew that was the area and told them to take me there

I had the Mercedes from hotel drop me off in front of Soi Eric ...
    LOL, are you serious?! That's a James Bond move if there ever was one, although to pull it off completely with style, a suit or decent going out dress would have been good, or did you step out of the Merc in thongs and a Singha tank top?

In my last 4 or 5 trips, I took to dressing up a bit when hitting the bars, jeans and stylish T-shirt, I was hitting a bar or two around 9 pm but spending more time at the disco and you could say playing out the 'picking up' fantasy with freelancers. Something I was always too shy to be good at back home.

LOL, are you serious?! That's a James Bond move if there ever was one, although to pull it off completely with style, a suit or decent going out dress would have been good, or did you step out of the Merc in thongs and a Singha tank top?

In my last 4 or 5 trips, I took to dressing up a bit when hitting the bars, jeans and stylish T-shirt, I was hitting a bar or two around 9 pm but spending more time at the disco and you could say playing out the 'picking up' fantasy with freelancers. Something I was always too shy to be good at back home.
    Honestly it was just what the hotel's car was....A Mercedes
    My hotel was up on the hill so you would just call the front desk and tell them you needed a ride down into town

But it must have looked pretty ridiculous 5555

Funny story I met my now wife on that 1st trip
    And I spent money like a madman....it was my 1st trip having a bit of money

Whenever they drove me down I would give them 200-300baht
    Wasn't trying to show off, that was 5-7usd back then....I thought it 1qs worth the ride

Called my now wife to tell her I was coming back a 2nd time
    She asked if I was staying the same hotel
    I said yes
    She said " I'm sure people work that hotel happy to see you again! " 5555

Paulie.. just a suggestion.. when you tell a story don't pre-empt it with: "Funny story.." ....let the reader be the judge of that... 55

By the way, did they give you the Merc as a parting gift when you left? ..55
    Last edited by Quarky; 16th March 2019 at 22:09.
    Stillearly likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Wrong post
    Last edited by Stillearly; 16th March 2019 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Paulie.. just a suggestion.. when you tell a story don't pre-empt it with: "Funny story.." ....let the reader be the judge of that... 55

By the way, did they give you the Merc as a parting gift when you left? ..55
    I guess it's sort of like when you Brits go on that no one else could ever "get your humour" (always reminds me of Canadians continually telling you how nice they are 5555)

I think it's funny and said so
    So fxuk off 5555

I guess it's sort of like when you Brits go on that no one else could ever "get your humour" (always reminds me of Canadians continually telling you how nice they are 5555)

So fxuk off 5555
    Funny story...

That was funny! ..55

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar

So fxuk off 5555
    I haven't met many Canadians, but a lot of em gotta be passive aggressive af 555.

Good humour is very subtle. A clever Brit could be taking the piss and you might not even realise it. Sarky bastards, but I love the humour.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I haven't met many Canadians, but a lot of em gotta be passive aggressive af 555.

Good humour is very subtle. A clever Brit could be taking the piss and you might not even realise it. Sarky bastards, but I love the humour.
    I love their humor also
    Just not when they are banging me over the head how no one else gets it 5555

PS....Everyone actually gets it, doesn't make it any less funny

Funny story... I think that's the main difference between US and Aussie/UK humour... the US has to warn you a joke is coming... they do it in shows all the time... a joke isn't funny if you have to tell someone a joke is coming!

With the Aussie/Brit humour, you don't know half the time if something is amusing or not... it can be so dry...

And it's official... 55

YouGov survey: British sarcasm 'lost on Americans'

Britons like to think they have a "special relationship" with the US, based on a common language and cultural, historical and political ties.But, according to one of the UK's most respected polling companies, there's one chasm the English language can't always bridge - the British love of passive-aggressive statements.

In the words of YouGov, "half of Americans wouldn't be able to tell that a Briton is calling them an idiot".
    I guess you are in the other half Paulie... 55

Moo Uaon likes this.

How do I email an administrator?
    Last edited by FreemanBlu; 17th March 2019 at 19:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Funny story... I think that's the main difference between US and Aussie/UK humour... the US has to warn you a joke is coming... they do it in shows all the time... a joke isn't funny if you have to tell someone a joke is coming!

With the Aussie/Brit humour, you don't know half the time if something is amusing or not... it can be so dry...

And it's official... 55

YouGov survey: British sarcasm 'lost on Americans'

I guess you are in the other half Paulie... 55

Ok.....that settles it
    A Brit newspaper just said what normal everyday annoying Brits say all the time 55555

I'd like to watch a scene where a Brit responds to a Canadian constantly telling us how nice Canadians are in a way an American just couldn't understand

Is it possible an American wouldn't be able to to tell a Brit is calling them an idiot because they would be using one of the million slang words Brits use?????? 5555

Ok.....that settles it
    A Brit newspaper just said what normal everyday annoying Brits say all the time 55555
    Not a funny story... it's not a newspaper... it's an official poll... 55

But it's ok, just be grateful you are in the half that understands irony...

PGC
    American Irony...Alarnis Morrisette..."A traffic jam when you're already late"

Not Ironic...

Now if you were a Town planner............
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Dupree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    American Irony...Alarnis Morrisette..."A traffic jam when you're already late"

Not Ironic...

Now if you were a Town planner............
    This one went over my head completely...555
    I just girl in bar. Buy me one dink?....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast