Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pseudo newbie wanting an update

Pseudo newbie wanting an update

This is my first post on this forum so a big hello to all and sundry.

I have visited Thailand a number of times, my first trip to Patong was way back when it was still relatively undeveloped in the early '90s. I haven't been for about 5 and a half years now and am thinking of heading back over to good ol' Phuket soon for some reminiscent times. Since I've been out of the loop for a while I was seeking some up to date info about the local nightlife scene. I used to enjoy the bar scene and dancing until all hours in the clubs and enjoyed the lovely company of the very hospitable local ladies. I was wondering what sort of economic assistance it is customary to help the ladies with in various places i.e bars, GoGo bars, freelance etc.

I doubt it's changed that much in 5 years... the economics that is....

Though I haven't been to Patong for ten years now. Welcome to the board. From Perth?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post

Though I haven't been to Patong for ten years now. Welcome to the board. From Perth?
    You are crazy to say that........the economics have sky rocketed.......have you not read any of SS reports?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Like Quarky, I haven't been to Phuket for about 10 years, but I visit Thailand every winter for 4 or 5 months. I make my headquarters in Chiang Mai and I'm just about to go back to Canada in 48 hours time. It is pretty smoky right now in Chiang Mai and the tourism is starting to fade away.
    However, we do have a few members here who are quite familiar with Phuket. They should be able to give you an update.
    Contribute to the forum and you should be happy here.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    You are crazy to say that........the economics have sky rocketed.......have you not read any of SS reports?
    With the girls? I guess I am going by Bangkok and Pattaya which haven't really changed in the last 15 years...
    Cashpoint likes this.

With the girls? I guess I am going by Bangkok and Pattaya which haven't really changed in the last 15 years...
    Yeah LD drinks can be 250baht and I think in places like Tiger the pay and BF are quite up
    BF can be 1k

Quote Originally Posted by FreemanBlu View Post
    This is my first post on this forum so a big hello to all and sundry.

I have visited Thailand a number of times, my first trip to Patong was way back when it was still relatively undeveloped in the early '90s. I haven't been for about 5 and a half years now and am thinking of heading back over to good ol' Phuket soon for some reminiscent times. Since I've been out of the loop for a while I was seeking some up to date info about the local nightlife scene. I used to enjoy the bar scene and dancing until all hours in the clubs and enjoyed the lovely company of the very hospitable local ladies. I was wondering what sort of economic assistance it is customary to help the ladies with in various places i.e bars, GoGo bars, freelance etc.
    If you are interested in p4p go to Lamai
    Laid back beach town with decent action and prices

Yeah LD drinks can be 250baht and I think in places like Tiger the pay and BF are quite up
    BF can be 1k
    That's what they were when I was there in 2009! I must have over-paid..55
    BF for hot girls was high... was 500 to 700 baht even then. As opposed to 300-500 in beer bars in Pattaya...

SS update us....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum.

Last time I was in Phuket was probably 3-4 years ago. Bars of course shift around, but Bangla road is still generally Bangla road. It won't take you long to get reoriented. Prices have gone up, both bar fines and what's expected thereafter, but if you're Aussie the first thing you'll notice is the exchange rate now, which is the lowest it has been in a decade.

I've shifted my focus to Samui now. Lamai, as M26 mentioned, is a pretty nice area and still offers all sorts of fun. Real laid back with a nice island vibe and way cheaper than Phuket. So if you haven't been before I highly recommend Samui. If you wanna hit the clubs there's always Chaweng beach there as well which is quite popular with young European tourists.

To throw some random prices around you're probably looking at an average of 3k for some short time fun in Phuket as opposed to 1500 to 2000 in Samui. Very rough rates but that's the difference were talking.

Enjoy your trip and let us know how you go.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    That's what they were when I was there in 2009! I must have over-paid..55
    BF for hot girls was high... was 500 to 700 baht even then. As opposed to 300-500 in beer bars in Pattaya...

SS update us....

As per bacon 1500-3000 for ST is standard depending on where you are, the girl and how much she likes you.

In Bangkok you can probably expect 3000
    to be the minimum for ST (although you can get less for older women or street walkers). Generally in Nana and Cowboy you are looking at 4-5k or more for LT. Some girls will ask that just for ST, yes it's getting that bad lol I overheard a girl in Billboard quote 7k for LT last year. The guy looked Korean.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Welcome FreemanBlu hope you find what you are after, have fun and once you post a bit more new threads will open up.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    As per bacon 1500-3000 for ST is standard depending on where you are, the girl and how much she likes you.

to be the minimum for ST (although you can get less for older women or street walkers). Generally in Nana and Cowboy you are looking at 4-5k or more for LT. Some girls will ask that just for ST, yes it's getting that bad lol I overheard a girl in Billboard quote 7k for LT last year. The guy looked Korean.
    Yikes! No wonder I stay in Chiang Mai. That is almost as expensive as having a wife. 555
    Quarky and OZZYGUY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    Yikes! No wonder I stay in Chiang Mai. That is almost as expensive as having a wife. 555
    Think Bush mountain is a bit cheaper
    Ian Forbes and Cashpoint like this.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post

If I were single and getting up to p4p I just wouldn't pay those prices
    It's weird because sometimes I would give a BG 2500 baht 15 years ago when we didn't even discuss price
    I just felt she was worth it and we had a great night.

I was very apprehensive when I went to Thailand
    I just wasn't into how I thought the p4p would be
    The 1st 4 days or so in BKK I just went to clubs and didn't go to any beers bars
    Then when I got to Patong I still wasn't sure
    But once I got to Bangla and had a few beers it honestly felt like I was hooking up with a girl I met at a club at home

But even though it's not the actual dollar amount that turns me off
    I just wouldn't be into any girl quoting me 3k for a ST
    I just wouldn't feel she was into it

And honestly if you are experienced with Thailand I would just try my hand with regular girls

And honestly if you are experienced with Thailand I would just try my hand with regular girls

Define regular…… we always seem to get to that subject………..55

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Last time I was in Phuket was probably 3-4 years ago. Bars of course shift around, but Bangla road is still generally Bangla road. It won't take you long to get reoriented. Prices have gone up, both bar fines and what's expected thereafter, but if you're Aussie the first thing you'll notice is the exchange rate now, which is the lowest it has been in a decade.

I've shifted my focus to Samui now. Lamai, as M26 mentioned, is a pretty nice area and still offers all sorts of fun. Real laid back with a nice island vibe and way cheaper than Phuket. So if you haven't been before I highly recommend Samui. If you wanna hit the clubs there's always Chaweng beach there as well which is quite popular with young European tourists.

To throw some random prices around you're probably looking at an average of 3k for some short time fun in Phuket as opposed to 1500 to 2000 in Samui. Very rough rates but that's the difference were talking.

Enjoy your trip and let us know how you go.
    Thanks for all the responses guys, I was not sure how active this forum was.

Yes, I have actually been to Samui. I only spent 4 days there back in Dec 2010 I think it was, then came back to Phuket and spent the majority of my holiday there. I have a bit of a soft for Patong which is why I am sort of focusing on there mainly. I have been around a bit, spent time in the scene in Bangkok, Pattaya and Cambodia as well which I really love so I've done some yards.

I did forget to mention that my usual thing was for LT and GFE, I really value the companionship aspect of the experience so finding a good match was always a focus.
    Last edited by FreemanBlu; 15th March 2019 at 14:59.
    Bacon likes this.

No Quarky, I've been a Sydney resident since 2002.

One thing I have noticed about Patong when I was regularly visiting from around 2009 to 2014 was how much development had happened even in the space of a handful of years. There was a lot of brand new buildings going up in that sort of no man's land south of Jung Ceylon.
    Quarky likes this.

No Quarky, I've been a Sydney resident since 2002.

One thing I have noticed about Patong when I was regularly visiting from around 2009 to 2014 was how much development had happened even in the space of a handful of years. There was a lot of brand new buildings going up in that sort of no man's land south of Jung Ceylon.
    I used to go to Patong from 2004 to about 2012
    Then we took off for about 5-6 years

We went back about 2 years ago and been back 2x after

There is tons of development, the ride from the airport suxks

But once you are settled in, there is still a lot of the old Patong still there

If you really enjoyed Patong as it seems you did
    I think you will still enjoy it

You don't seem that put off with the p4p prices so I am sure you will have a food time

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    Thanks for all the responses guys, I was not sure how active this forum was.

Yes, I have actually been to Samui. I only spent 4 days there back in Dec 2010 I think it was, then came back to Phuket and spent the majority of my holiday there. I have a bit of a soft for Patong which is why I am sort of focusing on there mainly. I have been around a bit, spent time in the scene in Bangkok, Pattaya and Cambodia as well which I really love so I've done some yards.

I did forget to mention that my usual thing was for LT and GFE, I really value the companionship aspect of the experience so finding a good match was always a focus.
    This forum is actually quite Phuket oriented. It's where a lot of us have met before so a lot of us have a soft spot for the place, and we also have a number of expats on this board that live there, so you have access to fresh info here.

GFE stuff is more to be found in places like Cambodia and the Philippines now I'm told. I haven't been to either, but I'll be spending 3 weeks in PI in May followed by a week in Samui. I'm mostly going to be sailing and diving, but I will be in Angeles for 5 days so I'll be writing a trip report on it here come May.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    You can still get the GFE experience in Thailand but depending on how much the girl likes you it may end up costing more. I've shifted from always taking someone LT to ST now, although on my last trip to Samui I did keep someone around for a week or so.

Also with tinder and dating apps you can dip into the ' normal' girls who range from not involved in p4p directly to girls working regular jobs who freelance on the side occasionally and are not as hardened as an agogo girl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast