Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Dental in Thailand

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Dental in Thailand

I have talked about this in the past on another forum but would like to know a little more. Has any one been to Thailand to get any Dental work done? I need 2 root canel and a crown but know I am not going to be in the one place long enough to have it all done. I wanted to get one Rood Canal as i feel the pain slowly starting to get worse while the other I can not feel. I will have to wait to get the Crown later as money and time are not exactly on my side.

Any one had work done in LOS? I have never had Root Canal before, will it be done in one sitting? or will it require mulitple sittings? I have 8 nights in Patong so was thinking Phuket Dental Center or Phuket Thailand Dentist Promjai Dental Clinic, dentist phuket but does anyone have any other places to recommend looking in to?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Mrs W had a good place in BKK where she had her braces done, she said it was highly recommended.
    I had some minor work done there and also in Soi 22 BKK.
    Not Patong but if BKK is part of the trip???

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Mrs W had a good place in BKK where she had her braces done, she said it was highly recommended.
    I had some minor work done there and also in Soi 22 BKK.
    Not Patong but if BKK is part of the trip???
    Yeah BKK is part of the trip but only 3 nights at the very start where I feel I may not be leaving the room

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    I can recommend somewhere in Chiang Mai (probably not much use, I know). I had a couple of root canals, 4 crowns and a bridge done there last year.

Root canals are not usually done in one go. They clean out the canal then insert a temporary filling. I think to make sure there's no infection etc before doing the permanent filling.

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    I can recommend somewhere in Chiang Mai (probably not much use, I know). I had a couple of root canals, 4 crowns and a bridge done there last year.

Root canals are not usually done in one go. They clean out the canal then insert a temporary filling. I think to make sure there's no infection etc before doing the permanent filling.
    Thanks mate that could be handy as my next trip I would like to get back to CM and could get my other tooth done then. I did not think it could be done in one sitting but had to check. Also did they have to put Crowns on the teeth the did Root Canal on? I have heard it is recommended but that was from someone who thought his brothers mates, friends, cousin heard from a dentist, so hearing it 5th hand

The Promjai clinic on Beach Road Patong is excellent and if you email full details, photos of mouth, etc. they will advise cost and time req'd for job(s).

NB: JC had extensive work done in Pattaya.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I have a good one in Pattaya.

I had a 5 crown bridge, 3 other crown's, root canal, pin and some fillings redone. Oh and 3 extractions.

The work took 3 weeks, going 2 and 3 times a week. Cost 60,000bt ($2,000).

The canal is done in 2 sittings. The crowns take a couple of sittings, first to make a mold and to grind the tooth, then another for the fitting. They take 3-4 days to make the crown.

Thanks JC. Sounds like none the less if I am going to get it done it is going to take time away from the holiday. I am still in mixed minds as to if I will get it done or not. Noy has all sorts of plans for me (as do I) and I can see an appointment could take a full day away, Having 2 or 3 will not be too good...

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Also did they have to put Crowns on the teeth the did Root Canal on?
    They don't have to put crowns on. It depends on the condition of the tooth I guess. I had a root canal done over 30 years ago. No crown and it lasted until last year. (Sh1t! 36 years ago actually)
    The dentist that did all my work in in CM is Dr Jarunee at Empress Dental Clinic