ABC iView - Blood, Sweat And Takeaways Series 1

I bit long but worth it.

Start with episode three

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post

I bit long but worth it.

Start with episode three
    Thanks Jonty...just watched episode 3. Back breaking work, and existence. You can see why BG or ML job is so attractive for many.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Watch episode 4 when it gets to the BG work and the silly yank comes along. Very few see the "real Thailand"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Its a good series liked the chicken one well worth the watch.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

I bit long but worth it.

Start with episode three
    Thanks JM
    Just watched both, very interesting.
    I got to see the living conditions, and the bathroom shared by 5 households etc in Korat.
    It does make you understand why the girls go to the city and bars, when they can not support their kids and family.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Watch episode 4 when it gets to the BG work and the silly yank comes along. Very few see the "real Thailand"
    What a tosser...
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Thanks JC
    I have tried to do a few hours work in the rice paddies. My 82 year old grandmother had great pleasure in showing me up. With my help they get double the crop through irrigation. They have a tractor (A part of the Sin Sot agreement where the money was to go) which they make more money out of working in others farms. The same as contract harvesters do here. I often get pictures back of the tractor still in mint condition saying good Idea "WE' make for the buffalo.

I still have problems of them saving some money that they make for new tyres, maintenance etc but they will get it. Foresight and budgeting is not a strong point. They have never had to. The biggest concern was food. All I have done is help break the cycle of poverty that is so hard to get out off. And very happy to do it. They are my family after all.
    contrarian likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    So JM they do sugar and rice?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Thanks JC
    I have tried to do a few hours work in the rice paddies. My 82 year old grandmother had great pleasure in showing me up. With my help they get double the crop through irrigation. They have a tractor (A part of the Sin Sot agreement where the money was to go) which they make more money out of working in others farms. The same as contract harvesters do here. I often get pictures back of the tractor still in mint condition saying good Idea "WE' make for the buffalo.

I still have problems of them saving some money that they make for new tyres, maintenance etc but they will get it. Foresight and budgeting is not a strong point. They have never had to. The biggest concern was food. All I have done is help break the cycle of poverty that is so hard to get out off. And very happy to do it. They are my family after all.
    " feed a man a fish, and you fill his belly for a day. Teach him how to fish and you help him for life"

JM, I feel real respect for what you have/are doing, and it is easy to see why YOUR family are so happy, and repay you with respect and love.

I fear there are many Farang's that take the daughter, may or may not pay Sin Sot, and have no interaction, or conection with the family,
    just selfishly look out for themself and begrudgingly give TG money occasionly to send home.

I would guess, the "Tosser" in the show, episode 4, would be just like that.

Yes immediate family does rice only 80% sticky 20 % Jasmin. Next to a river. Extended family 35 km away does sugar cane and small crops.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Pfffftttt!!!! ... "Due to copyright conditions, this program is available for download to those living in Australia only." ......
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

I must add the last trip that I took my son to the village. The plane home he started to ask me questions of how much super I had. How much would I get on the pension etc.

He said to me don't worry dad when you are old and if you do not have any money I will look after you like the Thai people do.

I thought he had learnt something until we arrived and it was duty free shopping time.55555555
    Last edited by jontymate; 13th July 2011 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Pfffftttt!!!! ... "Due to copyright conditions, this program is available for download to those living in Australia only." ......
    Sorry my tax dollars at work. You can look at on you tube but I could not find in a long version.

12062011116 (2).jpg

My TG's buffalo and it still gets sick sometimes.555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    There is ways and means VG77 go to this thread and read as it is similar to what you are trying to do, and will give you a leg up Watch Videos at Hulu with Hotspot Shield | Tech Wired Australia - Australian Technology News - IT News and Reviews
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese