Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Full Moon parties

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Full Moon parties

Interesting show on the dangers of full moon parties which i would have thought were obvious.
    The show was taking the line of they should be banned as they were dangerous to attend.
    Once again where is our free will and self responsibility.
    Yes people get hurt but know the risks and dont do stupid things....And if you do dont bleet about it.
    Seems brains are left in home country especially around motorbikes and alcohol.
    LOS is the most dangerous place to go if you are a Ozzi.
    But what are they doing while they are there????
    Joy was watching the footage and she just said Sum num na......Fair enough.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I thought the show lost all credibility in the opening tag "more Aussies die in Thailand than any other overseas country".... More Aussies die in NZ than any other country
    Secondly what was the show trying to do discourage or promote... with the girls sitting there saying that it was the best thing they had ever done and showing young girls wacked out of their minds dressed in bikini's I think the travel agents phones will be ringing off the wall tomorrow!....

And finally, Drink a bucket of spirits and your in for a big night regardless of the location (just have a look at G4's pictures)....

might have to check it out one of these days!! 555

Think i am too old.5555555 But i think a right of passage.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Schoolies week. No different here. Young people + pills and grog.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Schoolies week. No different here. Young people + pills and grog.
    I think its a fair bit different IMO... Schoolies is now a trusted business that many parents have to feel confident in, cant see the same sentiment with a FMP in Thailand... The Queensland Government realised its potential revenue years ago and have done a lot of marketing to change its once tarnished reputation..

Would have thought you would have less chance of getting a glass in your face in LOS........
    G4orce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Would have thought you would have less chance of getting a glass in your face in LOS........
    I was surprised with the figures on how many rape victims there were on the show

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Hopefully a torrent will pop up, managed to miss it.

didn't miss much really, but it is possible that it was the one you guys were at! as it was filmed recently

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I was surprised with the figures on how many rape victims there were on the show
    Where sex is freely available.....Scum everywhere i suppose.
    Places like that tend to bring it out very sad.

I thought the show lost all credibility in the opening tag "more Aussies die in Thailand than any other overseas country".... More Aussies die in NZ than any other country
    Secondly what was the show trying to do discourage or promote... with the girls sitting there saying that it was the best thing they had ever done and showing young girls wacked out of their minds dressed in bikini's I think the travel agents phones will be ringing off the wall tomorrow!....

And finally, Drink a bucket of spirits and your in for a big night regardless of the location (just have a look at G4's pictures)....

might have to check it out one of these days!! 555
    Did not know that.

But what about when Kiwi's and Australians get together and go overseas........Like when they went to party with Ze Germans.55555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Oktober fest, Big day out, Shall I go as far back as woodstock!!! Australia day on Bondi beach. Spring break in New Orleans. The formula is the same.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Being at a FMP recently I do not think it is any worse then an Aussie "Big Day Out" or similar. There were a lot of drunk people but you get that at every event. There were people offering drugs but were not as avalible as at any event in Australia. I did end up missing the show last night but after reading her by PPB I am very shocked at the amount of rapes. I saw nothing like that there. I would have to say though. Even though in LOS, being at a FMP with a TG, you feel a little out of place and start to get though looks again that you don't normally get in LOS.

I went to Schoolies on the Gold Coast after i finished school and I thought that was so much worse in the way of violence, drugs and rapes then the FMP was. When I get up to the FMP in my TR, I will be sure to post a few pictures. I would recommend it to all people of any age. It was good fun but I am not sure if I would do it again, as it was a big mess around just getting there.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Where sex is freely available.....Scum everywhere i suppose.
    Places like that tend to bring it out very sad.
    Brian's Mum Well, there's a reason it's... like it is, Brian.
    Brian What is it?
    Brian's Mum Your father isn't Mr. Cohen.
    Brian I never thought he was!
    Brian's Mum Now none of your cheek! He was a Roman, Brian. He was a centurion in the Roman army.
    Brian You mean... you were raped?!
    Brian's Mum Well... at first, yes.

IMHO "drunk" girl assaulted by "unknown male" is standard code for girl came home without her underwear and now needs to cover her tracks. Cover up for the BF back home, or to protect her image or to hide the fact she has just done her best friend's fiancee....

Then later when seeking treatment for possible STDs/morning-after-pill anti-pregnancy etc it is easier to tick the box that say's "unknown" even if you do know who it was.....but since you never admit you screw unknown guys or the best friend's partner willingly...it must have been an attack.....but you were too drunk and it was too dark for any description.....I could set it to (rave) music..... I really could....

Sure the predators would be there but in a 1 to 10 ratio on the "false" reports....

Maybe things have changed in the nearly 20 years since I was a cop hearing these reports first hand but.... human nature being what it is....I don't think so.

Enjoy...
    G4orce and jontymate like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    IMHO "drunk" girl assaulted by "unknown male" is standard code for girl came home without her underwear and now needs to cover her tracks. Cover up for the BF back home, or to protect her image or to hide the fact she has just done her best friend's fiancee....

Then later when seeking treatment for possible STDs/morning-after-pill anti-pregnancy etc it is easier to tick the box that say's "unknown" even if you do know who it was.....but since you never admit you screw unknown guys or the best friend's partner willingly...it must have been an attack.....but you were too drunk and it was too dark for any description.....I could set it to (rave) music..... I really could....

Sure the predators would be there but in a 1 to 10 ratio on the "false" reports....

Maybe things have changed in the nearly 20 years since I was a cop hearing these reports first hand but.... human nature being what it is....I don't think so.

Enjoy...
    We've all been jumped by that fat ugly girl.... haven't we!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

In danger of having a good time?

I watched the show.

What I saw were thousands of young people having a good time.
    Thai people saying all they wished was for the visitors to enjoy themselves, and local volunteers picking up the pieces when things went too far.
    One boofhead pushing e's
    One boofhead showing off his superficial burns from the "Fire dancing".
    One middle aged boofhead trying to ramp up how bad it was and struggling for evidence.
    They did cameo in a bloke that looked like a vicar for his two cents.

The biggest incident was the boat crash between two speedboats going to and from Koh Phangan in the dark. (A real no brainer).

The only other admission about the danger of full moon parties was that most injuries occurred from drunks hiring and riding motorbikes home afterwards.

It's probably more dangerous going for a swim off Karon Beach in Phuket.

The most laughable statement was that some wanted the Australian Government to "Pressure" the Thai Government about full moon parties.
    wabbits likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    The one without her panties ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Jim: "She's gone! Oh my God, she used me. I was used..... I was used! .......YES!!!!"
    American Pie 1999
    Life is the unexpected ...

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Jim: "She's gone! Oh my God, she used me. I was used..... I was used! .......YES!!!!"
    American Pie 1999
    Is that the Euro girl that was in is bedroom he is talking about, I remember her 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    The one without her panties ?
    Fat girls with no panties..........You sicko.55555555555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast