Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By giggsy

Thread: Life In Hua Hin And Thailand In General

Life In Hua Hin And Thailand In General

Continuing the Life Design Thailand series
    Part 1 of 3 from a British expat living in Hua Hin.
    Great information for anyone contemplating visiting,
    staying longer or living indefinitely in the royal resort
    of Hua Hin or Thailand in general.

Life Design, Hua Hin, Thailand Update 2011(Mark Stephens Interview Part 1of 3) engagingthailandtips Blog

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Thanks giggsy...you must be reading my mind. Hua Hin is up near the top of my list of places to see in LOS, and maybe even spend a month or two there next year if I like it. I remember that Khun Keown also had Hua Hin as one of her favourite places in Thailand to settle.

Do you know what the air quality is like in Hua Hin?
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Hi Contrarian, Hua Hin is a great place to spend some time in. I have spent many periods of time here
    and love it. It is quiet enough not to be overwhelmed, but still plenty of life in the place, a good mixture.
    I have never had any problem with the air here I find it quite good. Bangkok's elite come here at weekends to get out of the smoke as it is only about
    2 and a half hours away. They come for the sea air. No problems here mate. Stay tune for part 2 more tips and advice.

Yes, HH is a clean and tiny town, it caters for tourists big time. A days drive (8 hours) to Phuket if you need to go there occasionally.
    I recommend it too.
    I am no-one in Australia and a VIP in Thailand. I pick the latter.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Is high on my list of places to go...a car tour over a week or so from BKK to Phuket sounds like a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Is high on my list of places to go...a car tour over a week or so from BKK to Phuket sounds like a plan.
    A car tour...pffff.

This is the way to travel wabbits...

Thailand Cycling Tours: Cycling and biking in Bangkok, Thailand to Phuket, Thailand.

Part two of the interview carried out with Brit expat Mark Stephens
    on visiting or perhaps even staying longer in the royal beach resort
    of Hua Hin, Thailand. Good tips and advice from a sensible guy who
    has been living in Hua Hin with his Thai wife for 8 years.

Life Design, Hua Hin, Thailand Update 2011 (Mark Stephens Interview Part 2 Of 3) engagingthailandtips Blog

Thanks againg giggsy...keep em coming.

In today's final part of the Living in Hua Hin interview with freelance writer and Brit expat Mark Stephens, he pulls out some classic Thai songs, gives Thai language tips, talks about real travel, memories of travel, writing and the importance of keeping a journal, proverbs and how the recession has taken its toll on business in Hua Hin. Plus a classic final piece of advice. A right good read even if I say so myself.

Life Design, Hua Hin, Thailand Update 2011 (Mark Stephens Interview Part 3) engagingthailandtips Blog
    contrarian likes this.

Thanks Contrarian I hope some parts of this provided good information for you.

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy View Post
    Thanks Contrarian I hope some parts of this provided good information for you.
    Sure did. I need to spend a day or two exploring the rest of your work...found a couple of gems already that have really helped me enormously. Thanks again.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    As always, all 3 were an excelent read.

Giggsy you obviously have a lot of good experience, and contacts, thanks for involving us.

Delighted gentlemen, always pleased if you managed to gain something from the posts
    and thanks for your support.

Thanks for the fourth instalment giggsy. Link below for others...

Living in Hua Hin, Thailand engagingthailandtips Blog

I liked this question: "So you don’t have a yob culture like there is in the UK or western world in general".

Particularly given the current situation in the UK.

Yeah right Contrarian, bloody mental here. They need locking up and the key thrown away, but they will probably get bail and an asbo.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Tried to make it to Hua Hin on the weekend, as it was a long weekend due to mothers day every man and his dog were there... there was actually a traffic jam as it's a very popular spot for people from Bangkok to visit, we traveled further south instead getting better value for our buck in Khiri Khan

That is a good point P.B. If it is possible to hit Hua Hin during the week rather than weekends or holiday periods then that is much better. Most enjoy to escape Bangkok and head to Hua Hin where they have their holiday homes. As you say surrounding areas such as Pranbury etc are better during holiday periods. The beach in the Pranbury area is fantastic and virtually empty during the week.