Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Big Trouble in Thailand

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Big Trouble in Thailand

A TV show starting next week, Thurs 28/7/11 8.30pm here in Perth, called Big Trouble in Thailand.

Here is what we can expect - Big Trouble in Thailand is a fast-moving, fly-on-the-wall series following Thailand's tourist cops, many of whom are recruited from overseas to work alongside the local Thai police. Last year hundreds of tourists went home in body bags and many of these deaths were caused by traffic accidents or related to drink and drugs. Filming at the front line of the clash between East and West, this series provides an insight into the Thai mindset and culture in the wake of a tourist boom.+ rollover for more info
    Show Info
    Cast:Country:UKDuration:60 minsEpisode:1Genreocumentary Rating:MOther:Widescreen
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I have seen this series Rivo and enjoyed it... This was where JJ the Jetski Thug made hid Television debut!... A little bit sensationlised but for lovers of LOS a worthy watch

I saw the TV ad last night and it looked interesting, had not heard of it myself before, I am not a big TV watcher.

I watched it online the first time and they aired it on Foxtel at the start of the year... This was how the pressure was placed on the Thai Goverment about the Jetski scammers as JJ pulls a gun on a British sailor in the first episode..

Funny enough I have enjoyed many hours on Jet Skis in LOS and never had a problem, mainly in Samui, the Jet Ski man was great there and would come and shake my hand every morning when I was having breakfast on the beach, we would go Jet Skiing either early in the morning or late in the evening.

He did tell me which Jet Ski Men to avoid with scams if we were going elsewhere 555

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Episode 1:

"Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    Episode 1:

Thanks for the link, I will get onto watching it when I find some spare time

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Thanks for the link, I will get onto watching it when I find some spare time
    About 2 months time ?

Or at work 555

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    id say 2 months time ! 555

I saw this last year. It is entertaining in parts... though some of it drags on.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    About 2 months time ?

Or at work 555
    yeah 2 months is the likely answer.... Cannot see pictures or movie's at work 5555

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    I think this has been shown in the UK already.

Is this the series with that idiot Howard, the tourist policeman in Patts?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
    I think this has been shown in the UK already.

Is this the series with that idiot Howard, the tourist policeman in Patts?
    Yes! ..........
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Watched all of Episode 1 on YouTube last night ... doesn't paint a pretty picture of Thailand; certainly not tourist promotional material! But what a crock-of-**** the producers are with their portrayal of poor Mia and her drop-kick bf. Mind you, Mia's not a bad sort ....

Is there any more on YT?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Watched all of Episode 1 on YouTube last night ... doesn't paint a pretty picture of Thailand; certainly not tourist promotional material! But what a crock-of-**** the producers are with their portrayal of poor Mia and her drop-kick bf. Mind you, Mia's not a bad sort ....

Is there any more on YT?
    Same Same Kapitan...Yuppies on holiday
    What I found amazing was someone facing years in a Thai prison couldn't come up with a couple a thou...three years down the track the boyfriend'll be the CEO of some internet giant.

Pure theatre, but puts JJ in exactly the right light. A big man with his mates and his stupid rifle but with a Royal Marine sergeant in his face he melted like butter...

JJ : "F*ck you!"
    Royal Marine Sergeant : [SIZE="5"]"F*ck You!!"[/SIZE]
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Its funny, you ask any Thai about the JJ incident and they say its not true... apparently Thailand put out a counter show, showing how Falang TV portray poor little innocent Thailand, and how they paid JJ to act for the cameras to look bad

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Its funny, you ask any Thai about the JJ incident and they say its not true... apparently Thailand put out a counter show, showing how Falang TV portray poor little innocent Thailand, and how they paid JJ to act for the cameras to look bad
    If you say its not true enough...Must be true......No really thats how it works.55555
    I watched all the shows while in Pattaya...Plonkers most of these idiots no common sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    If you say its not true enough...Must be true......No really thats how it works.55555
    I watched all the shows while in Pattaya...Plonkers most of these idiots no common sense at all.
    Must admit, they're not hard to find in LOS

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Must admit, they're not hard to find in LOS
    Normal rules of thought seem to evaporate for some on holiday........55555