Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy

Thread: Thai Dreaming Forum

  1. #1
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,962

    Thai Dreaming Forum

    I do not know about others but this forum brings my TG and I closer together. Even when we are apart. It always starts a topic of conversion between us.

    Reading and following peoples trips is both educational and amusing sometimes.

    Following the relationships and the hurdles, we also went through, this is very satisfying that we are not alone. Once again educational and amusing sometimes.

    Sharing some of the failures is also important. Where they went wrong.

    I guess the only improvement will be that Dao actually joins as her own self and not be scared that her English is not good enough.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 
      
       
       
         
       
      
     

  2. #2
    ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    4,407
    Get her to start her own threads in Thai.... It might take a while to get going, but once started many more will join in I'm sure
    Wabbits could make a whole new section for Thai speaking people, I know I would have more success in getting Thip on board as a BM if this was available...
    It would be a good source of information for all involved!
    Rivo likes this.

  3. #3
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Happy to if there is demand not a problem at all.
    But with comment like your Jonty makes me want to grow this as big as i can but keeping this feel.
    Cheers mate and Doa to
    .

  4. #4
    เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chiang Rai
    Posts
    7,313
    When my TG is with me and I am on the forum she cant read english so the pictures are what she likes, and the Avatar's, guessing where the girls come from and there ages........ 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

  5. #5
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    I personally think it would be good to have somewhere for the TG's to talk to eachother in their own language. The only issue i see would be it would be very hard to moderate 555. Maybe the TG's could teach us Farang a thing or 2 about reading their language. In my situation it is very different to Jonty and Dao. Noy doesn't like me talking to people on the internet abotu em and her after what happened on another Forum. It gets to the point that I almost have to sneak around (while she is with me) to get on TD. I have told her it is something she will have to get used to as you guys are like family to me now. The more people I meet the better as she then knows I am talking to someone I have actually seen. It makes it even easier when she has met some of you guys. Last trip in BKK Noy had the chance to meet Mr and Mrs M where they explained to her that TD is very different the the initial site that caused a few issues and that also helped with the her and the forum. I guess a bad experience and lack of knowledge of the Internet have a lot to do with why Noy doesn't like the forums. I am sure in time she will sway and i hope so as i want to be able to share more with her about you guys.

  6. #6
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,815
    G4 I think it would help her accept this forum if she could read posts in her own language, she would get correct and direct information from her own kind.

    I think it would be great, and we can always use Bing translator, or google to read what they are saying, and then coment back using the same.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  7. #7
    Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA, USA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    G4 I think it would help her accept this forum if she could read posts in her own language, she would get correct and direct information from her own kind.

    I think it would be great, and we can always use Bing translator, or google to read what they are saying, and then coment back using the same.
    Do you know of any that are any good? It seems like when you start translating certain languages to Asian languages in particular, doesn't usually work so well. I like the premise of this thread, I do wish there was a little more of it on here, but I can see why many Thais would be a little hesitant to post. I don't think any on here would mind though, it's the insight we're looking for, not an English essay.

    EDIT: Just wanted to add that I think a lot of those girls probably know more English than most of us know Thai, but I suppose I should speak for myself!

  8. #8
    Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pattaya
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    G4 I think it would help her accept this forum if she could read posts in her own language, she would get correct and direct information from her own kind.
    I would like to her to accept TD as it is a part of my life and a big reason why Noy and I are still together and going as well as I feel we are going. The problem is she still can't read or write Thai either, so would not be a help to Noy. I still think its a great idea as One day Noy will be able to read and write. I just have to get her Glasses to hopfully stop the headaches when she reads.

    BTW Love the Pic JC

  9. #9
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,815
    Ozzyzak I know there is trouble in the translations, I find Bing to be reasonably reliable, I send email but translate and paste it under the English, so she can read both. Bom uses google and sends me her emails in English, there are always things that don't quiet fit or seem to make sense. I'm sure they are both as good or bad as the other, and they are free.

    I agree that the girls know more English than we know Thai.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  10. #10
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,284
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I personally think it would be good to have somewhere for the TG's to talk to eachother in their own language. The only issue i see would be it would be very hard to moderate 555. Maybe the TG's could teach us Farang a thing or 2 about reading their language. In my situation it is very different to Jonty and Dao. Noy doesn't like me talking to people on the internet abotu em and her after what happened on another Forum. It gets to the point that I almost have to sneak around (while she is with me) to get on TD. I have told her it is something she will have to get used to as you guys are like family to me now. The more people I meet the better as she then knows I am talking to someone I have actually seen. It makes it even easier when she has met some of you guys. Last trip in BKK Noy had the chance to meet Mr and Mrs M where they explained to her that TD is very different the the initial site that caused a few issues and that also helped with the her and the forum. I guess a bad experience and lack of knowledge of the Internet have a lot to do with why Noy doesn't like the forums. I am sure in time she will sway and i hope so as i want to be able to share more with her about you guys.
    Sometimes they can be very unhappy with things they dont feel are important that take your time.
    Not just forums.55555
    .

  11. #11
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nth Brisbane Qld Aust.
    Posts
    12,815
    BTW Love the Pic JC [/QUOTE]

    Thanks mate, I like it too, and she's better in the flesh 5555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

  12. #12
    Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    8,978
    careful what you wish for you guys.....giving TGs the ability to discuss you behind your backs 555

  13. #13
    Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA, USA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    careful what you wish for you guys.....giving TGs the ability to discuss you behind your backs 555
    Sounds like for some of these guys, it might be too late! :P

  14. #14
    Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    2,060
    this could be you after your next trip Bryan ! lmao

  15. #15
    Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA, USA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    this could be you after your next trip Bryan ! lmao
    Pretty sure that's already went on Garry. Probably not happening anymore which is good. Gotta keep my nose clean!

  16. #16
    Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,617
    I think TG's already have their own network .... but they do not use the internet so much as their cellphones. Nui is always chatting with someone, and seems to stay in contact with the girls she worked with as well. She hasn't shown much interest in TD or PI when I showed it to her, only asked that I change the avatar when she saw it ... so I did for a while, until she wasn't looking, then I changed it back! 555
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •