Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Tricky situation!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar

Tricky situation!

Have you found yourself in a situation tricky or otherwise in LOS that you have either felt scared or frightened??

After all our adventures are not always good.

Dark alley?

Stalking knife welding TG?

MIB following you?

All of the above...

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Have you found yourself in a situation tricky or otherwise in LOS that you have either felt scared or frightened??

Dark alley?

MIB following you?

All of the above...
    Standing on Bangla in front of Soi Eric watching the LBs dancing. My mates mouth was wide opened in amazement...but not sure if he was in love or shock...that was scary. 555

Really never had anything too scary happen...biggest issue which hit home recently given events in Bali was walking down Bangla with three teenagers in tow, and turn around and see a Thai guy pushing them drugs...they weren't interested, but you can see how sh!t happens.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Standing in Suvarnaboom Airport before immigration realising my wallet had just been lifted....

Pulling my new Canon out of my flight bag and walking off now knowing.
    Then thinking of looking at pics of my bride i had just left when i was waiting to board.....Heart sinks.
    F A R R R K getting the boarding staff racing back through swampy looking for where i left it.....GONE.

Ringing Mrs W saying what i had done....She rings security they got it and collects it 2 days later........HAPPY!

Bob Kelso
    Waking up in the morning with BG and a LB in my room. Donīt remember anything. BG tell me I paid 500 thb in reception to get 2 persons to my room ( Poppa Palace in Patong ). At least LB get on his/her way imidiately so I can try to resume the nights events on MTB. Last thing I recall is a barbill about 6,000 thb
    wabbits, Quarky and G4orce like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kelso View Post
    Waking up in the morning with BG and a LB in my room. Donīt remember anything. BG tell me I paid 500 thb in reception to get 2 persons to my room ( Poppa Palace in Patong ). At least LB get on his/her way imidiately so I can try to resume the nights events on MTB. Last thing I recall is a barbill about 6,000 thb
    Bow legged by chance.55555

Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    I've got a couple of these...

1) On my first trip I me and a friend were invited to a kind of small house party by some girls working at MTB. The girl that my friend was with at the time came to pick us up. I had never been on a motorbike and was a little nervous when she wanted me to get on behind my buddy. Just a tip, being the third on a bike can be a little scary what with knowing where you can put your legs/feet etc. Was a little nerve-wracking, thankfully she was a careful driver. When we finally got there I saw a girl that I had been with before on that same trip and sure as ****, the girl that I moved on to was also there. A little awkward, most certainly.

2) There was a time where I got super drunk the night before, somehow made it back to my room and then woke up sometime during the night. There is not much scarier than waking up in a completely black room, wondering where you are and who might be with you. I guess still being drunk helped because at some point I just crawled back into bed and fell asleep.

3) I was at the hotel lobby talking to a couple of girls from a bar somewhere, don't remember, ain't that always the way, when this super drunk Aussie bellies up to the bar. Now he's what you would call a supreme bell-end. Just being really crappy to the girls, basically playing big shot in Thailand who thinks he can pull any girl he wants and just say super degrading stuff to them. He's being a little bit loud about it as well. I offered him a beer as I'm a rather diplomatic fellow mostly trying to settle him down because he was definitely past the point of reasoning. This worked to an extent, and the girls that he was talking to started moving in close to me trying to make it seem like they were with me already because they really didn't want to go with this guy. Afterward, I had to explain quite in depth about how we weren't buddies, but it confused the night manager as to why I would offer him a beer if we weren't friends.

4) The biggest (trickiest) situation is kind of long. The guy I was traveling with went completely bonkers. Now, I don't know how many of you have had this happen to them, the whole travel-mate going nuts, but it completely blows. First of all, since I was traveling with him, I became the only thing keeping him from being put in jail.By going bonkers, I mean he was seeing and hearing things. Think about going on vacation with a paranoid schizophrenic and you've about got the right idea. He got like this on the plane. I thought he just needed rest, but I was completely wrong. It was nothing but a complete disaster til he left. I spent many an hour taxiing in Vachira Phuket Hospital checking up on him. Mind you, we aren't fantastic friends, just work partners, really. The time before that I spent trying to calm down the hotel manager because he was causing problems all over the hotel, thinking that people were stealing from him etc. A couple of people I know remember this and I will surely never forget it. You think you've been sticky, try navigating a Thai hospital by yourself with a crazy person. Trying to give answers to nurses that you can only sort of communicate with etc. There were some really lovely girls at the hospital so it wasn't all bad I guess...

^^WHHooo this last one sounds like a real crap situation mate.

Think we have all seen the odd bell end in LOS.

Must be thoughs guys with no power in their lives to take it out on a TG. grrrr

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Nothing really that bad, have had several NDE's on bike and car that were scary and frightening.

Tricky, scary AND frightening? hmmmmmmmm... there was this rather strapping LB who worked in a massage place on the way to my favorite bar who seemed a lot more insistent than most who bailed me up. got in my face and said "Why you not remember me?". (Cue thought bubble: WTF! I've never seem you before in my life!!! Maybe I'm going to die now because someone who looked a bit like me screwed her over bigtime and then skipped town...)Things were rather slow and it was easy to see people coming. Now I'm a fairly reasonable sized guy but I worked out a much less direct way of getting there for a while...
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have a couple of these situations.

First was a night out a Seduction where a brawl broke out with myself and my friends heavily involved. A guy hit one of the girls we were with, her BF reacted then people poped out of know where and started to lay into all of us. Most of us got away after a few punches were thrown. I soon saw that my Brother was missing, ran back in and there he was on top of some guy laying huge lefts then rights. I grabbed him, shock him "We are in Thailand" the look or horror set into his face and we ran. Thankfully nothing ever happened from that. We had talked so much about not fighting in Thailand, so we all knew what would happen to us if we were to get into a ruckess but adreniline kicked in and totally forgot where we were.

Second one was when 5 of us got into a Tuk Tuk and asked to head to Bangla Rd, It was a little late and night and we had already had a few drink. The driver started to talk on his handheld radio and then foot to the floor in the wrong direction. we sat in the back for a little while and knew something was wrong. As soon as we slowed for traffic we jumped out and ran. He did not follow

The next one was when i was playing 2 girls at once and got caught out. I thought that I was going to be "taken care of". I was getting scary phone calls from Thai men telling me they were going to kill me, then the girl would say "I am sorry I understand Thailand holiday, you come to my bar and i give you drink for sorry" Sounded too much like a set up after everything else that would happen. To this day I will not go back to Soi Easy....

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    The next one was when i was playing 2 girls at once and got caught out. I thought that I was going to be "taken care of". I was getting scary phone calls from Thai men telling me they were going to kill me, then the girl would say "I am sorry I understand Thailand holiday, you come to my bar and i give you drink for sorry" Sounded too much like a set up after everything else that would happen. To this day I will not go back to Soi Easy....
    To avoid something similar, what would you recommend not doing? I assume by playing two girls you simply mean that you were talking to both of them. Why would they get so heated about that? I thought that was something you ran into more when you were talking to two girls from the same bar. Just trying to avoid angry phone calls involving me dying and what not!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyzak View Post
    To avoid something similar, what would you recommend not doing? I assume by playing two girls you simply mean that you were talking to both of them. Why would they get so heated about that? I thought that was something you ran into more when you were talking to two girls from the same bar. Just trying to avoid angry phone calls involving me dying and what not!
    Stick with the LB's.... the ones without mobile phones!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    This was when i was single so there was more then just talking. I would see one girl during the day and another during the night. One of the girls was a BG I had been talking to a bit on previous trips but was not until this trip in particular that I actually was with her. Pretty much the second girl took me to a bar in Soi Easy near where the BG worked and well it just started there. i was drunk at the time and not thinking, May i had I had it all going to plan for 4 days but it ended after that. I also found out that the BG's "brother" was actually not her brother 555.

To avoid this try to get to know the girls movement and just don't take another girl there 555. These were my mongering days and I made it clear that I did not want more then a good time.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Ozzyzac yes i remember it all very well indeed !! wasn't fun at all ! I did find it amusing when he was talking to fan on the wall in the Lobby and thinking he was making a conference call at work and the buttons on the fan were for different phone lines !!! That was entertaining whilst having a drink at the bar! And i seem to remember you a certain nurse from the hospital trying to hook up with you as well ! hehe

Terrible time there Garry. I almost got a headache just trying to remember it. The nurse, yeah, she was pretty cute. I couldn't have done anything about that without feeling like a slimy bastard. It was a little too awkward anyway. The trip certainly picked up after that, though!

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Ozzyzac yes i remember it all very well indeed !! wasn't fun at all ! I did find it amusing when he was talking to fan on the wall in the Lobby and thinking he was making a conference call at work and the buttons on the fan were for different phone lines !!! That was entertaining whilst having a drink at the bar! And i seem to remember you a certain nurse from the hospital trying to hook up with you as well ! hehe
    Was certainly an awkward half hour at the bar for me - but when explained the next day it all made sense. Hope he's okay!

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Was certainly an awkward half hour at the bar for me - but when explained the next day it all made sense. Hope he's okay!
    Yes, and I hope he didn't bother you guys too much!

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    I arrived at Bangkok about midnight with A$4000 cash on me and proceeded to walk past all the taxis and out to the guys yelling at me from down the road, thinking I would get a cheaper ride to the hotel where I was meeting Ning.

It wasnt until about 1/2 way to the city that he took an off ramp from the freeway. My mind started to go crazy thinking I had made a big mistake. I quietly placed all the money in my sock and came up with a plan if the streets started to get any darker.

I spoke to Ning on the phone and told her what I had done and she started getting up me and telling me how stupid I was not to get a genuine taxi. Well this just made me more nervous.

We weren't staying in the city and were on the river further out of town. Eventually he pulled down this little side street and pulled up into a hotel foyer.

See all that worry for nothing..... Wont do it again though

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post

Dark alley?

MIB following you?

All of the above...
    No none of the above... but on two trips my poor hubby has been petrified (my words, not his!)
    Both times involved the taxi journey back to the airport after our holiday.
    In March the roads were badly flooded, the taxi driver drove us from Patong to the airport. Brake neck speed... passing several accidents along the way. Scary stuff...
    On our last trip in October the taxi driver got us from Pattaya to BKK airport in about an hour and a half. (Maybe less??) Again he was driving at over 100 miles an hour at times. Hubby was sat in the front of the car gripping the edge of the seat, while I was dozing peacefully in the back.

We obviously arrived safe and sound though...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    No none of the above... but on two trips my poor hubby has been petrified (my words, not his!)
    Both times involved the taxi journey back to the airport after our holiday.
    In March the roads were badly flooded, the taxi driver drove us from Patong to the airport. Brake neck speed... passing several accidents along the way. Scary stuff...
    On our last trip in October the taxi driver got us from Pattaya to BKK airport in about an hour and a half. (Maybe less??) Again he was driving at over 100 miles an hour at times. Hubby was sat in the front of the car gripping the edge of the seat, while I was dozing peacefully in the back.

We obviously arrived safe and sound though...
    The Pattaya Bkk trip in a mini van very s c a r y wizzing down the road at max rpm 140kph aprox with a massive side wind..........say 30 knots!
    this coupled with sharp uprisings on a 100kph freeway over canels that frequent the trip drive back to bkk.
    Back breaking as the limited syspension attempts to cope with these road Bumps.
    Please dont forget the free fall that could occur due to the lack of seat belts!! Plus the hard to read muilty speed traffic we must navigate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast