Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gazmac
  • 1 Post By vanguy77
  • 1 Post By Minder

Thread: Dreaming about Thailand

Foundation Member Cadet Bronze

Dreaming about Thailand

So I've started to dream about Thailand. I never had this happen the second time I went back, but it's started now. It doesn't happen constantly, but does happen frequent enough to notice.

I guess this is what happens when you pull within 2 months of a trip? How excited do you guys get when you're going back? I hope I didn't just plant myself firmly in the weirdo territory.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    With you on this Ozzy.... Keeps me sane in my sh1tfull job by dreaming about by home away from home

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    I think of being there at least a couple of times a week ! Wish i was there right now !! But no im stuck here at my computer reading about being there ! grrrrr
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Same, same ozzyzak ... not sure if I dream about it, but I daydream about the next trip all the time, and I'm finding it just gets worse the closer you get to leaving.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Its a hard one...Every day but is made a little easier as i have the most important part of LOS with me.

But i find i am always looking at different parts and different things to do.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Friends and co-workers, when they hear I am going back for the 3rd time in just over a year, ask me what it is about Thailand. It is hard to tell them exactly, as I do not really know myself. Partly, its the nightlife and the fact that Nui is there, but its far far more then that. I just feel immediately alive when I am there. Not everything is perfect, infact, far from it. But you know that there will always be something exciting just around the corner. The people themselves have a lot to do with it as well. Maybe my Cambodia trip will put it in better perspective .... for now its a bit of a mystery to me how this country got such a hold on me so fast.
    contrarian likes this.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote from another board long long ago

"The stench of Bangkok is the smell of freedom"

I live and work here now to buy a future that is mostly, if not entirely, there.

I don't tend to dream much about anything - never have - or I am one of those who just never remembers my night dreams..

I day dream about being in LOS and I find that keeps me sane - knowing that there REALLY IS a better place and that I will be there again ... (soon ....please make it soon...)

Oooooh! Ooh I want to find a better place
    Oooooh! Ooh I'm searching for a better place

Oooooh! Ooh I'm tired of living in the sand
    Oooooh! Ooh I'm searching for a better land

Heaven, must be there-ere
    Well, it's just got to be there-ere
    I've never - never seen Eden
    I don't wanna live in this place

Oooooh! Ooh I'm always trying to escape
    Oooooh! Ooh I never know which road to take

http://www.google.com.au/url?q=http:...3iHfKCsCfwQ-Ig
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Cadet Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Friends and co-workers, when they hear I am going back for the 3rd time in just over a year, ask me what it is about Thailand. It is hard to tell them exactly, as I do not really know myself. Partly, its the nightlife and the fact that Nui is there, but its far far more then that. I just feel immediately alive when I am there. Not everything is perfect, infact, far from it. But you know that there will always be something exciting just around the corner. The people themselves have a lot to do with it as well. Maybe my Cambodia trip will put it in better perspective .... for now its a bit of a mystery to me how this country got such a hold on me so fast.
    I think most people think I'm going back for the girls. They are partly right, I guess I have to give 'em that. I actually do have a lot of fun partying. The last trip I saw maybe two different girls on two different days. I actually had a lot of fun just hanging out and seeing where the day would go. I feel alive there too, I'm sure a lot of it is just fantasy with a small dose of being on vacation, but there is a reason I go there instead of Mexico. Mexico has a lot of the same stuff, but I keep going back to Thailand.

Let us know how Cambo goes, I've been tempted to go other places but it's hard to mess with the fun I've had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Friends and co-workers, when they hear I am going back for the 3rd time in just over a year, ask me what it is about Thailand. ....
    Years ago I had a co-worker who was always trying to get me to "admit" in front of others that I went for the night life and the girls because "everybody knows that Thailand is like that".

(He was a slimey envious little ladder climbing type who would have used anything I said against me and I'd have been branded the office "sex-tourist" in my next absence.)

Since I knew he had never been to Thailand himself - I found the best way to deal with him was to look down my nose at him and make "tsk tsk" noises and say I thought he was smarter than to believe everything he saw on a TV expose or to believe an entire country was nothing more than a wh0rehouse - guess I'd been wrong - no doubt if he lived in another country he would think Australians rode kangaroos to work.

(........ then when I got back I'd change my computer screen saver to (respectable) images of me and/or the half dozen girls I'd met and let it run when only he could see it..)

Enjoy.
    Sydney likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I have previously comented how I have had some very realistic dreams of LOS and a specific location and house. It has been a reocuring one, and I have no idea when it will happen. I do hope it becomes real as it is a massive fantastic house in a great location, but i don't know where it is.... I also have, in my dream, flown over it in a chopper, and attended a party at a house several hundred metres up the road, that was under renovation.

I never booked ahead on each of my trips to LOS so haven't had a leadup and growing excitement, mostly decided to go, booked and flew the next day.

On a side note, Minder, how is your home in Bkk getting on with the rain and floods?? Hope all is well.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I have previously comented how I have had some very realistic dreams of LOS and a specific location and house. It has been a reocuring one, and I have no idea when it will happen. I do hope it becomes real as it is a massive fantastic house in a great location, but i don't know where it is.... I also have, in my dream, flown over it in a chopper, and attended a party at a house several hundred metres up the road, that was under renovation.

I never booked ahead on each of my trips to LOS so haven't had a leadup and growing excitement, mostly decided to go, booked and flew the next day.

On a side note, Minder, how is your home in Bkk getting on with the rain and floods?? Hope all is well.
    Good to see JC.... I thought when you left LOS last time you might have had enough of the place!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Good to see JC.... I thought when you left LOS last time you might have had enough of the place!!
    Yes mate, but as you know, the day after you arrive home, your missing LOS.

maybe one day we can all setup our own village in LOS together 55555

Yes mate, but as you know, the day after you arrive home, your missing LOS.

maybe one day we can all setup our own village in LOS together 55555
    I'll be happy just to get an invite to your house warming party....
    I know it will go down as one to remember 555

.....On a side note, Minder, how is your home in Bkk getting on with the rain and floods?? Hope all is well.
    It is a day by day thing at the moment.

The sister in law was on the phone crying with fright last night - she lives alone in the house when we are not there - and the Bangkok government news of the release of water from the flood gates means that the klong at the rear will flood for sure - I don't think that will be a problem for us - but hey, I am here.....

Waiting waiting....

Put 13.639908,100.859599 into google maps and you get an idea of the area..... the klong to the left of the Tech college is the one we are worried about....

Minder, mate, I have been watching it all and i believe Bkk is going to be flooded, how badly will depend.

Im hoping , fingers crossed for you, that it drops away, as they now are opening the flood gates slowly to let water flow naturaly.