Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Immunisation

Foundation Member Cadet Gold

Immunisation

Anyone know what vaccinations are routinely had by Thai citizens. Just thinking about the flood situation e.g. Tetanus, Hep A, etc
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    TBH I would not think they would usually get Immunised, As money is usually hard to come by their Health is not usually on the top of the agenda. The Thai People will be able to withstand a lot more then we could as they have grown up with their types of Bacteria and what not (e.g. a farang might get sick eating food from a stand while a Thai person would not as they have grown up with it), they almost have a natural immunitty to some things but I say in good time they will be getting very sick from the dirty water. I saw photos and videos of Children swimming in the Flood waters while Chiang Mai was flooded and criging thinking that they would want a very goot shower and wash after that. I know in Song Kran a lot of the thai will get Eye infection from the bacteria in the water.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Found this on the World Health Organisation site:

WHO vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system 2011 global summary - country profile: Thailand

Looks like they have the basics covered.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Went to the GP to get all my immunisations checked. Suggested I get immunised for Cholera this time around if eating street food and because of the flood situation.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    So Flu season has come again in Austalia and was curious to know if anyone else will get a flu shot before heading to LOS this year. I got one just to be cautious and because I hate getting the flu. I have never had any side effects for them so will continue to get the flu shot from year to year. Also being in a non-touristy area I think it is safer having the shot

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    You will get from your TG I do not know for English on many like mumps & Rubella. Not much money to go and get tested for what anitbodies they have running around. Some that they may have had are diminished. Treat from there. Does not hurt to get yourself done as well.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore"